• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Psichodelya got cards.

This game is a pile of shit.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/301680/

Just idlemaster it.

I'm playing HL2 again after 7 or 8 years, the first time I saw HL2 was a guy playing the demo and I was blown away by how the physics worked. Ten years later and the experience still holds up, the controls are pretty good even the driving sections (I must be one the few who enjoy these sections) and the atmosphere works to make me feel immersed in the game. Some design choices nowadays could be seem as atypical nowadays like no health regen and no full body awareness (I like to think Gordon Freeman as a telepathic physicist).

Shadownet

Banned
Nvidia promos usually swap out fairly frequently (though there's not anything really on the horizon until next year) and retailers usually have 'While stocks last' mentioned on the offer. Prior to the Ubisoft pick your path dealio it was Borderlands The Presequel offered free with pretty much any Nvidia GPU. I'd say both Arkham Knight and The Division are good candidates due to WB and Ubisoft having Nvidia sponsored games in the past and definitely something to keep a look out for in and around release. I got Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell Blacklist and ACIV for free with one of my GPU's.
When do you think they'll switch out these 3 for new games like Batman or The Division? After New Year?

Lain

Mini impressions from Magical Battle Festa:
  • Story setting is extra dumb.
  • Graphics are pretty basic yet nice enough.
  • OP song is good.
  • Fighting is fun.

When do you think they'll switch out these 3 for new games like Batman or The Division? After New Year?

6 months?
It's going to be awhile.
Closer to Arkham Knight's June release, I'd wager. (When does The Division come out? I keep confusing it with The Crew for some reason).

I'd say whenever they switched from AC4/SC/B:AO to Sniper Elite 3/Murdered/etc.

I'm playing HL2 again after 7 or 8 years, the first time I saw HL2 was a guy playing the demo and I was blown away by how the physics worked. Ten years later and the experience still holds up, the controls are pretty good even the driving sections (I must be one the few who enjoy these sections) and the atmosphere works to make me feel immersed in the game. Some design choices nowadays could be seem as atypical nowadays like no health regen and no full body awareness (I like to think Gordon Freeman as a telepathic physicist).

Hello yin to my yang.
When I played HL2 for the first time back in like... 2008 or 2009 on the x360 as part of The Orange Box, I thought it was a bland and average FPS and wondered why everyone constantly showered it with adoration and accolades. If I played it again now, 5+ years later, I'd probably think it's even worse. ;)

Precisely five minutes after you grudgingly activate your Uplay code.

Hahaha, not quite.

• OP song is good.
  • Fighting is fun.

Since when is the story setting extra good in most games, let alone action type games like MBF? :p

Khronico

CHIVALRY IS PRETTY GOOD

THE MELEE COMBAT IS AMAZING, IT REMINDS ME OF 1V1 JEDI ACADEMY DUELS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/10

ARCHERS SUCK

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
ho, ho, ho

merry birdmas
who you calling Mary?

I should play it again. I might wait until I get a new lappy, since I always replay HL2 when I get a new pc.

Lain

Since when is the story setting extra good in most games, let alone action type games like MBF? :p

True and the story doesn't really matter anyways, It's just that the whole Not too far into the future scientists found an unknown element in animals and plants that gave people magic. to give a reason for the magic setting stuck in my mind.

iosefe

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
You don't have IE set as the default browser do you? I've never had BF3 or 4 pick IE over my default setting. You can also, and this is probably the best way to run either, is keep the Battlelog tab pinned in your browser of choice and as long as Origin is open in the background and the browser plugins and patches are upto date, will launch from there.

It's a hideous system that really hasn't been implemented well. Since the BF3 Alpha there has been a constant stream of negative feedback that has fallen on deaf ears. The worst was when BF4 had a rain effect that I assume used the canvas property to draw this on the screen behind the text that would just keep eating and eating up memory causing horrible frametiming problems but you couldn't close the tab down as it would kick you out of game. It got removed pretty quickly but that was just another thing that didn't get proper testing before launch. Then again that's every Battlefield launch, ever.

No, in fact IE still asks me if I want to set it as the default browser every time I open it. The whole Battlelog system is really just a giant inconvenience. Thanks for the tip, at some point I may pick up Hardline for the single player campaign and this might alleviate the irritation.

Considering the constant CTDs I would experience playing BF3's multiplayer, I have to wonder if in fact they are just features.

zkylon

zkylewd
i went with japanese valkyria, english vo doesn't sound all that great to me

Ironically, I'm struggling to beat the game because of a bunch of spiders in the desert area. It's a somewhat tough fight, the sandstorm slows down my characters AND dramatically lowers the FPS, so every other attempt takes forever making me lose my drive to play it.

I guess I could go on and do stuff in Hunter's Edge, but I want to close the rift first.
yea there are spiders in that game down to the final boss lol. fuck my friend that told me there were none in the game :I

i think you should do the spoilered stuff first, i think the spiders are really strong when you first encountered them

Are you sure you're not in for more of the same? :3
80 hours of the same is too much -__-

• OP song is good.
  • Fighting is fun.
that game is so tickling my guilty pleasure bone

i went with japanese valkyria, english vo doesn't sound all that great to me

yea there are spiders in that game down to the final boss lol. fuck my friend that told me there were none in the game :I

i think you should do the spoilered stuff first, i think the spiders are really strong when you first encountered them

80 hours of the same is too much -__-

that game is so tickling my guilty pleasure bone

Usually going with the Japanese VOs is a better option... otherwise you end up with trash like Vanille or Librom.

Also... tickling your [guilty pleasure] bone...

gV8.gif

Why would MBF be a "guilty pleasure"? It looks like a really solid game...

Is STEAM having Black Friday Sale?

Steam never has sales.
Hide your kids, hide your wife.

Shadownet

Banned
6 months?
It's going to be awhile.
Closer to Arkham Knight's June release, I'd wager. (When does The Division come out? I keep confusing it with The Crew for some reason).

I'd say whenever they switched from AC4/SC/B:AO to Sniper Elite 3/Murdered/etc.
So if I buy a new GPU, should I wait like 6 months to redeem my code then? or at least until they're about to change it.

So if I buy a new GPU, should I wait like 6 months to redeem my code then? or at least until they're about to change it.

I'm guessing different promos have different codes.
So if you hold on to the code that you could redeem to choose AC4/SC:B/BA:O, I don't think you could've put it in after the promo changed to Murdered/Sniper 3/etc. and have it work...

Maybe you can -- I've been wrong before. But if you can, that's some pretty bad design on the side of nVidia.

I really want to splurge and buy a 980... but at the same time, I don't want an 8gb model to come out 3 months from now with a voucher for get Arkham Knight/The Crew/3rd game free where I could get actual games on Steam and sell some to recoup costs as well.

Ok, I'm having a senior moment here...

There was a game that was like Terraria in space... but it wasn't Starbound.
The Steam game tile had a cyborg shark on it. I wanted to say it had Space in the title, but I cannot remember it and Steam's searching isn't helping at all.

oipic

Just had this jolly chap, 'Gourcuff', attempt the .scr file scam thing with me:

ZbWJrw0.png

I accepted his friend request in good faith, given all his apparent hours of devotion to Football Manager... I thought we (reformed) FM addicts were a brotherhood, but it seems not. Sad day indeed.

fallout

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fallout, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-CF7F3C48D96CF4FC
Risk of Rain (1) -- MB-E443C169E27D79BF - Taken by Blu(e)
Risk of Rain (2) -- MB-CB25145152155701 - Taken by UncleO
Risk of Rain (3) -- MB-76CEAC362A38863E

zkylon

zkylewd
Usually going with the Japanese VOs is a better option... otherwise you end up with trash like Vanille or Librom.
well i liked the english vo in many games, like in xenosaga, but yea, jap > eng usually

Also... tickling your [guilty pleasure] bone...

gV8.gif
iJZlBb8b1HKI8.gif

Why would MBF be a "guilty pleasure"? It looks like a really solid game...

well it has like silly animu fighting in it so i assume it'll be somehow embarrassing :p

ZbWJrw0.png

I accepted his friend request in good faith, given all his apparent hours of devotion to Football Manager... I thought we (reformed) FM addicts were a brotherhood, but it seems not. Sad day indeed.

If you were French, you would know that even in real life, the soccer player, Yohann Gourcuff, is a big scam :p

Shadownet

Banned
I really want to splurge and buy a 980... but at the same time, I don't want an 8gb model to come out 3 months from now with a voucher for get Arkham Knight/The Crew/3rd game free where I could get actual games on Steam and sell some to recoup costs as well.

Is it confirmed? that the 8GB coming out in 3 months? Will there be a 8GB version of the 970 as well?

Is it confirmed? that the 8GB coming out in 3 months?

JaseC mentioned rumours of it... but then discussion in here said those rumours were debunked.

I went to the nVidia thread and asked, just to see if I got the same response before deciding to research prices and deals...

And I got told it could happen and then was lambasted for being a PC gamer who was afraid of upgrades being obsolete in the blink of an eye.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is taking up all of my gaming time, won't be gaming on steam for a while, maybe that can save me some money during autumn sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Makes sense but there was no time period next yo the game title like normally happens with the free weekend games. Must be bugged.

It's being handled manually (roughly 16 hours remain). Free Weekends use the auto grant sub type and the way it currently works means it couldn't be used here (there's a "DontGrantIfAppIDOwned" flag but no "DontGrantIfAppIDNotOwned").

WavekSra

ZbWJrw0.png

I got this too and accidentally clicked on it, but I canceled the download attempt. Am I safe?

ZbWJrw0.png

I've gotten 2 today, both very low level with very few games. One only owned Empire: Total War (My first games on Steam!) and had no record of playing it and another who hasn't played a game since 2009. I imagine these are old hacked accounts the bot/scammers are using.

Interesting that they aren't using private profiles atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom