• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

I kept refreshing the old thread, wondering why nobody was posting anymore..

I did the same - was on mobile, refreshing away, and was wondering why it had gone so quiet!

Great job on the thread once again, MR O, and some terrific work on the new recommendations from all contributors, too.

Friend activity feed is wall-to-wall Evolve - congrats to all, and kudos to Shadow in particular for helping to hook-up so many folks with a copy.

Deitus

is super house of dead ninjas good?

the description in the shop page sounds tempting

It is really good. But if you want to try the game out, there is a free flash version that you can play on the adult swim website. It's basically the same as the full game, but with less weapons and unlockables.

Edit: I'm slow.

Hah, so the old first 2 - 3 pages of 'awesome new thread' and 'new thread smell' will soon be a thing of the past. If gaf threads produced a smell like that smell when I first opened my nintendo entertainment system... I'd be creating new threads daily.

Unlikely. That rule has been in the Steam OT since like August. Doesn't seem to have worked.

this controller is all what i need right now

lywV4Xk.jpg

dam it MS , release the wireless dongle now
Damnit, I already have the titanfall controller and now I want that one, and I'm never gonna buy an xbone so don't really need two.
Still feels a bit weird posting in the November thread even though it isn't November yet.

Zafir

Fuck missed the Evolve price glitch. Is anyone still doing it cheap? :/

This is what I get for playing Sunset Overdrive. >.<

koma

Is there a fun local only co-op that is on steam today? Some of my friends will go to my house by the next weekend just to lounge around, but I'm just the venue locator / host of this event. They are sick tired playing CS and MOBAs so any quirky ones anyone can suggest?

If you and your friends like weird games, you should check Octodad, it has one of the best coop mode ever, every player move 1 different tentacle of the same character.

Nzyme32

Well I was planning on doing a straightforward recommendation and then something a little special for the thread itself. I had planned on doing a pretty animated timeline of the events of MGS3, Portable Ops and Peace Walker in a non spoilery fashion to bring new players up to speed on account of none of them being on PC. But fuck me did I bite off more than I can chew with that. Might still do it if work has calmed down in December but I'll probally incorporate some of the work I've already done into my recommendation.

The recommendation was my meaning, but I'm 100% certain many many people would (without realising it now) be extrodinarily happy with an animated timeline of MGS3 & Peace Walker. I'm actually already surprised you've got Portable Ops in there, I didn't know it was relevant to MGSV-GZ? Should I be playing Portable Ops?

I only just finished MGS3, 4 and Peace Walker, and I watched the opening scene to MGSV-GZ which before starting has it's own write up of the prior relevant events. I felt that description of events they didn't really capture what made you as a player (or rather Snake) attached to the Characters that return. But of course, with such limited amount of time and space to convey all that, I guess it isn't really possible to do via the game. In any case great idea, if you can keep up with it, because it certainly doesn't sound easy

Ozium

any thoughts on viscera cleanup detail? it's almost 50 percent off now and it says it will be priced higher on full release but who knows how much..

hmmmm decisions decisions

You can mix local and online players to your hearts content. Make sure you have sufficient controllers though
Sweet. I think I have some Dualshocks lying unused around the house.
If you and your friends like weird games, you should check Octodad, it has one of the best coop mode ever, every player move 1 different tentacle of the same character.
Whaaat? Never heard of this. I think one of them owns a PS4 and has octodad, so I'll add this to the list.

zkylon

zkylewd
Another ArgieGaf here :) I saw Cordes at VJ14 in Tecnópolis this month.

I have a store question for anybody who can help. I moved from US to Argentina recently and when I tried to buy a game it gave me an error. I contacted Steam Support and they said that it was declined due to my current IP address differing from my billing information and if I wanted to buy I needed to use "http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us". I thought they didn't like people to use the ?cc=us at the end of the link. I made sure to comment that I was moving to Argentina permanently. Will I get into any other problem in the future or I'm good to go? And what could happen if I enter an Argentinean credit card as method of payment? Thanks in advance

i used that cc=us thing a lot and never had any problems

also u missed tim schafer at metropolis (i like to call it metropolis) last year

tim was awesome~~~

L.O.R.D

seems Evolve have some kind of DLC when you buy it now

I0RopQk.jpg

speaking about Evolve , i just noticed the release date

UWR91qQ.jpg

soo much wait , and i didn't even saw any gameplay for it , still downloading the alpha

and,its on time , my birthday is on 11 Feb

seems Evolve have some kind of DLC when you buy it now

I0RopQk.jpg

speaking about Evolve , i just noticed the release date

UWR91qQ.jpg

soo much wait , and i didn't even saw any gameplay for it , still downloading the alpha

Yeah that's the preorder bonus.

Dr Dogg

The recommendation was my meaning, but I'm 100% certain many many people would (without realising it now) be extrodinarily happy with an animated timeline of MGS3 & Peace Walker. I'm actually already surprised you've got Portable Ops in there, I didn't know it was relevant to MGSV-GZ? Should I be playing Portable Ops?

I only just finished MGS3, 4 and Peace Walker, and I watched the opening scene to MGSV-GZ which before starting has it's own write up of the prior relevant events. I felt that description of events they didn't really capture what made you as a player (or rather Snake) attached to the Characters that return. But of course, with such limited amount of time and space to convey all that, I guess it isn't really possible to do via the game. In any case great idea, if you can keep up with it, because it certainly doesn't sound easy

Even Kojima has brushed over Portable Ops to one side but it's referenced a few times in the MGS4 Database and asides from the gameplay I didn't mind the story. Though fuck trying to capture footage directly from a PSP via Component Cables, it looks horrid on the PSP screen let alone scaled up. I'll probally just use a few bits and bobs to fill in the gaps from 3 to Peace Walker but really those are the only two you need to play to know the score with Ground Zeroes.

As tou mention, there's a recap in the main menu of Ground Zeroes (as did MGS 1&2) but they are always a little dry and wordy hence the idea of trying something a little more jazzier. It's more time consuming that difficult and I'm not really in the mood to be sat at a desk when I get in after being plonked behind one for the better half of the day at work. But seeing as I'm crazy for Metal Gear I'll make sure I crank out a worthy recommendation.

I was going to play the alpha on the PS4, but since that's been delayed, I followed their instructions to get a Steam code in the meantime. Hopefully I get an e-mail soon - sometime before the alpha ends would be nice.

Good timing on the birthday/release date by the way.

Even Kojima has brushed over Portable Ops to one side but it's referenced a few times in the MGS4 Database and asides from the gameplay I didn't mind the story. Though fuck trying to capture footage directly from a PSP via Component Cables, it looks horrid on the PSP screen let alone scaled up. I'll probally just use a few bits and bobs to fill in the gaps from 3 to Peace Walker but really those are the only two you need to play to know the score with Ground Zeroes.
Try playing it in PPSSPP, with the resolution upped by 2-3x and some AA applied, and record that.

abracadaver

Um. Evolve is not showing up in my library anymore and the activity feed is not showing me or anyone else getting evolved. This is in the android app. Have they removed the game for us? I'm not on my PC anymore.

Tizoc

So guys help me learn not to suck in Grid 2, those corners are wrecking me @_@

Game looks good, but I set everything to High since Ultra knocks the FPS down to 40.

L.O.R.D

Um. Evolve is not showing up in my library anymore and the activity feed is not showing me or anyone else getting evolved. This is in the android app. Have they removed the game for us? I'm not on my PC anymore.

go to the store page for the game , you should be able to see you already own the game
only dev can see the game in the libarary

MRORANGE

So guys help me learn not to suck in Grid 2, those corners are wrecking me @_@

Game looks good, but I set everything to High since Ultra knocks the FPS down to 40.

put your foot off the gas for curved corners and just steer in the direction intended until your are on a straight path. Muscle and high end sport cars do act a bit weird in the game, find the best line, it's a case of just finding the right line and speed when you turn without over steering.

Ozium

just sold 4 (of 6) of my TF2 Alien items for about 10 dollars (my cut) still got 2 more to go and the octodad hat...

based

Accoun

Doesn't show in activity feed in the app for me either. It's OK in the PC client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom