• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
indeed, this is the only canon haircut for geralt

But Triss is in the wrong outfit there.

I hated that by adding that DLC it caused it to be turned in by default without me noticing. Because if that all my screenshots from when I met Triss have her in the wrong clothes.

k6izdmv.jpg

Best Witcher 3 Triss, though still not as good as in 2.

preview.jpg

Look at how perfect it is!

I've somehow managed to play 56 hours of TIS-100, and yet never realized that the 'ADD' and 'SUB' commands can add / subtract constants to / from the ACC register. And it literally shows you this in the manual! And not just that, I've been using that functionality in Shenzhen I/O, but it never clicked that it should also be possible in TIS-100. I only realized that this was possible because I saw that Durante had created what I thought was an "impossible" solution, where I knew he would need a counter to solve the problem, and yet he solved it with just one node. And since I've only used ADD and SUB with values from other registers, my solutions are littered with nodes that do nothing more than "MOV 1 <UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT>", or I relied on nodes with other roles to occasionally ship a value to a neighbor.

I'm not feeling very smart today, but on the bright side I should be able to improve a number of my solutions now.

Tenrius

I've been playing Pirates! again. I kind of got the itch and it still holds up as a phenomenal game. Would be great if they did another updated version of it, even if it was to just support higher resolutions and make it a bit prettier.

Do you mean the 2004 version? I'm a big fan.

zkylon

zkylewd
But Triss is in the wrong outfit there.

I hated that by adding that DLC it caused it to be turned in by default without me noticing. Because if that all my screenshots from when I met Triss have her in the wrong clothes.

Best Witcher 3 Triss, though still not as good as in 2.
yea triss outfit got a big downgrade from 2

2's outfit was just amazing

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is gamepad support legit now in ESO? If I do pick up a new SSD, I can afford the space to install the game.

Yes, in the options of the PC version you can elect to change the game over to the console controls.

*shilling intensifies*

Corpekata

Banned
Oh joy, jumping from helping catgirls win Pokemon tournaments to now a chapter devoted to gay panic.

Man, Steins;Gate, you were winning me over around chapters 4-6ish.

Parsnip

Was going to start a new game of BG&E but gave up on trying to get the game to run right. By default it flickers a bunch, and all the compatibility options that are mentioned in various guides slow the game to a crawl.
And the lack of proper controller support just seals the deal.

It's a shame that Ubi never brought the HD version over to PC.
Hey Ubi, if you are reading this, there's still time. I want to buy it for the fifth time.

Thanks.

Dragon's Dogma turned out to be a little headache to set up properly.
Been getting the weirdest artifacts and after deleting the game and doing a clean install it still occurred. With zero tweaks or mods installed it had to be the game. Better visible in motion.
hI0GAh5.jpg

This it the artifact at a 21:9 resolution
z8hNDwR.jpg

No settings have been changed. Only resolution set to a 16:9 one. Artifact gone.
M9NfaO0.jpg

After many testing, I found the culprit. Disabling Depth of Field gets rid of the artifact at 21:9 aspect ratio resolutions.
A damn shame. At least now I'll be able to use the aspect ratio fix and various other mods and be certain that neither of those cause the issue but the game itself is not working properly at ultra widescreen.
Disappointing display Capcom. You're very own older games like Lost Planet worked so well out of the box at 21:9. Minor nuisance and a first-world problem I'm aware but an unexpected letdown.

bbd23

wow! you can gift games on origin now....too bad I dont have any friends on there. looks like their black friday sale starts at 12AM PST too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
On the bright side depth of field is a terrible option and should always be disabled. Just like motion blur.

Modern implementations of both have become much more tolerable and even pleasant in some cases. They were atrocious last gen. Motion blur usually had too few samples (MT Framework was certainly guilty of this) and depth of field relied on gaussian filters and broke on any number of things, especially alphas and complex objects like hair.

Still not happy with Dishonored II performance even after this supposed performance patch, I'm so bummed out about this game man, I'm dying to play it but the experience is so rough that it just doesn't feel good to play or fun which is such a difference from the first game which played so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom