• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Don't worry about karma in New Vegas, it's used a few times for flavor but Faction Relationship is much more important.

Obsidian would have scrapped that system and the game would be the same.

karma is not like a reputation system or anything like that, it's just that if you do bad shit you create some sort of aura around you that's noticeable but not necessarily gonna have a much bigger effect that shaping someone's first impressions of you (with a few exceptions)

Hm OK. I will try not to let it give me a complex. The other thing that happened was, right after the early ambush in the tutorial town I was cleaning up loot and saw that the saloon owner was dead with her leg blown off. Felt bad :( She was all happy that I fixed her radio, too.

part 2 of that chris avellone interview: http://sugarbombed.com/forums/threa...s-the-chris-avellone-interview-part-ii.21180/

he retweeted this, so he must agree with what's in the interview, but it really is kind of a shame to see him throw obs under the bus

this sucks, it's like seeing your mom and dad have a fight

children should never see that

man my parents' divorced sucked

Old World Blues is supposed to be... funny? Huh.

Honestly, the only FNV DLC I enjoyed was Dead Money. It managed to be thrilling in spite of how self-contained it was. Dunno what people see in the others.

And while Avellone's words are a bummer, the bigger bummer to me is the reminder that he's working on Prey. What a waste of his talents. Bethesda is like a black hole in terms of writing--no matter what you put in, nothing ever comes out.

zkylon

zkylewd
tried the new dishonored patch, at least in the tutorial i see some big performance improvements, tho the cellar (which was the most intensive area for some unknown reason) still can't hit 60 even on very low

i'm capping it at 30 and playing it on ultra and settling with that

clearly this game is not very well optimized

Corpekata

Banned
They'll come back once they see no one is playing it on W10.

I imagine they are moving it to the W10 version for cross play maybe? Easier to manage if everyone's together.

It was never very popular on Steam, so honestly this actually might be a smart move for them.

Tizoc

I imagine they are moving it to the W10 version for cross play maybe? Easier to manage if everyone's together.

It was never very popular on Steam, so honestly this actually might be a smart move for them.
Ive heard much about happy wars years ago but was unaware it wasnt that popular on steam

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Still not worth it.

What other game gives you a sneak peek at President Trump's cabinet?

EHzVniq.gif

What other game gives you a sneak peek at President Trump's cabinet?

EHzVniq.gif
People hyped the Klan member killing part of the game so much before release, turns out there's only that one mission you get to catch them at Klan rally. The rest of the missions are just like every other mission except there are trucks with Confederate flags painted on parked in mission area. Very disappointing.

jorma

is now taking requests
Congrats on your new PC. And no, it depends on a game-by-game basis whether the developers add the option to scale the UI.

Ah ok. Is that something you can figure out before a release or is it something that will help me curb my bad preordering habits? :) It's kinda gamebreaking for me.

Sadly there is no solution for that problem at the moment. Maybe Valve will tackle that issue in the future.

That's weird. Achievements do pop up unless you disable the Steam Overlay. Hm.

Try Big Picture Mode, it scales properly and the notifications are much larger. Click the controller in the top right corner of Steam's window.

It's still small but yeah it did help a lot, thanks. Don't really like the big picture mode, so i hope they fix it for the normal mode as well. I can't exactly be alone in this boat.

And trophies do indeed pop now. I think maybe they were just to small to notice before.

Thanks for the help.

And i'm only 4.995 steam-games away from joining the demi god-club now!

ArjanN

Any tips for the Salamander in Xanadu Next. I just got off for the night, and am thinking what to do. I'm assuming I should just buy the Ice spell since he's fire? Or should I keep grinding the area?

I ran around until i gained another level and bought the hat that has fire resistance. Pretty easy after that.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit of disho2, not sure how i feel about it

capping it at 30 feels awful, everything feels so sluggish and delayed, nothing resembling how smooth the first one felt.

it's weird cos witcher 3 at 30 feels super ok, but maybe cos this game is in 1st person it's just really unpleasant

i'm also bummed out that it seems to not have learned anything from disho1 in terms of setting up the story, giving you less than 10 minutes before everyone gets murdered and you're onto your revenge. it just feels really gamey, like a double dragon kind of thing lol, just two lines of dialogue and you're up. would've been awesome to see emily as an empress and to take a peek into her relationship with corvo and actually build some tension before the inevitable betrayal, but you literally get some lady show up at your door 5 minutes after starting telling you "ok consider yourself betrayed" and that's it

gameplay wise i've just gotten my powers so i'm not sure how it'll feel later on. the first bits were kind of tedious classic quicksave spams but it was fun messing up with the ai. took me like 2 chokes to start murdering everybody and w/e, why would you ever choke somebody out when slicing them up is so much more satisfying

first thing i did was like choke some dude out, then murder throw him from a window right next to another guy, then drop murdered his frightened face, slide murdering other random guards that were chasing me and just parry murdering the last one

murder murder murder murder

Pixieking

Banned
I'm playing through Disho1 finally (got fed-up of waiting for my wife to feel like playing it with me, so just started it when she was at work). I swear, never been as sociopathic/violent as this in any other game. Sleep-darted a mission target, killed another one by steam-burning him to death, then went back to the guy I sleep-darted and dropped him off a balcony into the sea.

Because why would I leave him not-murdered?

Blink-stab kills are so satisfying.

Just rage quit Half-LIfe 2, could not beat that damn train across the bridge. I'd either not make the gap, go too shallow and still hit the train or turn too much and fly off the cliff. I can't remember it being this hard the last time I played, long long time ago!

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm playing through Disho1 finally (got fed-up of waiting for my wife to feel like playing it with me, so just started it when she was at work). I swear, never been as sociopathic/violent as this in any other game. Sleep-darted a mission target, killed another one by steam-burning him to death, then went back to the guy I sleep-darted and dropped him off a balcony into the sea.

Because why would I leave him not-murdered?

Blink-stab kills are so satisfying.
yeah i just love torturing the stupid ai in a ballet of carnage

like idk, it just makes it more fun if i knock someone out, then throw them out a roof. if i kill them first it's not as fun

cos i kind of want the ai to see someone get crushed and die in front of them

before i take all their lives

hahHAHahahAHhahah

Hektor

If I buy a dlc for happy wars now, will it forever remain downloadable in my steam library as collectors item so to speak? Or is telling steam version closing server side anyways?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I buy a dlc for happy wars now, will it forever remain downloadable in my steam library as collectors item so to speak? Or is telling steam version closing server side anyways?

It'll remain in your library but to continue playing the game after the "shutdown" in February you'll have to migrate to the WinStore version.

KainXVIII

GAF, recommend me some VN games from my steam backlog
I have this:
Analogue: A Hate Story
Cinders
Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~
Sakura Spirit ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Shan Gui
Which one try first, which one don't bother at all?

Corpekata

Banned
Analogue is good and somewhat short (though I haven't played the others, they might be short too), and I think the storytelling methods (lots of reading other people's correspondence, the whole computer AI stuff) sets it apart a little from others in the genre.

I have this:
Cinders
Shan Gui

Analogue is quite good. be warned tho it doesn't have fancy graphics, it's mostly just text you have to read.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Swapperoo -- MB-F472F1C60A46A013 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Red Risk: Soundtrack Edition -- MB-1AC8F7E312D28A1E - Taken by nightstorm
Stories of Bethem: Full Moon -- MB-9809D05EDB7247D8 - Taken by rainking187
O3DX -- MB-4EEC6A42724CCE1B - Taken by redlacs
Paper Train Traffic -- MB-1A589485626DE31C - Taken by NingenJanai
BitMaster -- MB-DB552AD670EC4756 - Taken by bobnowhere
Particula -- MB-22D586BA11564060
Monsterland -- MB-90A6A5C2CF7FC338 - Taken by Eila
Ballistick -- MB-0EBF11C47CE1D86A - Taken by Arthea
NEO-NOW! -- MB-1DA317C574D8AC6B - Taken by voodooray
Aviator: Bush Pilot -- MB-2096FF954B16DD9B - Taken by texhnolyze
Black Sand Drift -- MB-5D39891B29D404A5 - Taken by Hakkelus

Arthea

I have this:
Cinders

Shan Gui

I vote for these, liked both a lot, unfortunately Dysfunctional Systems never will be finished...

if you want really short one it's Shan Gui, like an hour or so long and not bad.

Jimrpg

I have this:
Cinders
Shan Gui

Go Go Nippon and Sakura Spirit are both terrible but they are only 2-3 hours long each.

Try one of Steins;Gate and/or The House in Fata Morgana for an awesome VN.

Wok

I can't recall but are Black Friday Steam Sale and Humble Bundle specials any good?

Hard to say: nowadays, the devs choose the discount themselves ; for some, it will be the same discount for Black Friday and Christmas, for others, the discount won't be as attractive for Black Friday.

Sendou

I have this:
Cinders
Shan Gui

I liked Analogue. No idea about others but that one is a winner. Very unique and interesting premise.

derFeef

You folks have any tips to RC your PC at home while you are mobile? Would be neat if that works in a browser. Is teamviewer suitable for that?

AHA-Lambda

At my graduation today :D

Just to keep it relevant though there is a guy here receiving an honorary PhD, and he's the CFO of Unity (and former exec for both EA and Microsoft) :O

EA was called THE leading games company in the world though which ain't true ofc :p
Interesting listen though as he talked about knowing Bill Gates, and on VR and AR

At my graduation today :D

Just to keep it relevant though there is a guy here receiving an honorary PhD, and he's the CFO of Unity (and former exec for both EA and Microsoft) :O

EA was called THE leading games company in the world though which ain't true ofc :p
Interesting listen though as he talked about knowing Bill Gates, and on VR and AR

Congratulations on graduating!

Also, which company could conceivably be considered the leading games company? I can think of many big players, but I am not sure I would describe any as the leading games company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom