• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
A noob-ish question: I had Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, but all of a sudden it changed to the Ultra edition in my client. Was Capcom gifting the Ultra edition to owners of Arcade? Doesn't seem like it, which makes me think that the "Ultra" name on my version of SF is a stand-in until I actually upgrade to Ultra, or something. So can anyone explain what's going on here please?

You are correct. You have to purchase the upgrade.

Lomax

Saints Row IV DLC sale is even worse than last time, the season pass isn't even on sale at all. Guess I should have bought it over the summer. Looks like I may escape this entire sale unscathed for the first time in a long time, feels kinda good.

aku:jiki

I think I'll jump on Grimrock II. Kind of in a tough spot at the moment financially, but I have some card money and I really want to play it since I loved the first one.

It's as good as everyone says right?
Yes. It's longer and bigger in every way, and the outdoor environments are great. I loved every minute of the 30 hours it took me.

If you find the mega-secret without cheating, I'll pay for your copy of Grimrock 3.

Uzzy

A noob-ish question: I had Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, but all of a sudden it changed to the Ultra edition in my client. Was Capcom gifting the Ultra edition to owners of Arcade? Doesn't seem like it, which makes me think that the "Ultra" name on my version of SF is a stand-in until I actually upgrade to Ultra, or something. So can anyone explain what's going on here please?

You'll have get the upgrade to Ultra.

Anteater

uh so i guess capcom isn't going to remove gfwl from lost planet colonies edition? only the vanilla is on sale.

The additions are mostly MP stuff right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has anyone else been having trouble with family share?

I keep losing access to my friends games and when I try to request access again most of times it just gives me the error that the owner needs to login on this machine. And occasionally if I'm lucky, it clears me and says the owner has already enabled family share and it goes back to working properly. For a while that is, when it all starts to repeat itself again. Really annoying.

I had to reauth Enco's PC but that was months ago and there hasn't been any hiccups since. I do have a problem with RE4 HD not showing up in my shared library, though. It makes me wonder if other games are mistakenly absent.

XShagrath

Ubisoft are a bunch of assholes. They decide to mark down a bunch of the Rocksmith DLC, but not the packs. They just leave all those at the standard 25% off. I probably would have emptied my Steam wallet at 50% off, but instead they get nothing.

Ugh!

JaseC

Ubisoft are a bunch of assholes. They decide to mark down a bunch of the Rocksmith DLC, but not the packs. They just leave all those at the standard 25% off. I probably would have emptied my Steam wallet at 50% off, but instead they get nothing.

Ugh!

Yeah, that's frustrating. The best thing about the packs is that in addition to the DLC apps for the individual songs there's also a DLC app for the pack, so in addition to saving money (well, in cases where the discount is universal) you also get more DLC!

Yes. It's longer and bigger in every way, and the outdoor environments are great. I loved every minute of the 30 hours it took me.

If you find the mega-secret without cheating, I'll pay for your copy of Grimrock 3.

Judging from how much you like Isaac we seem to have similar tastes, so I think I'll get it. Seems like a good idea.

No idea about the secret since I read absolutely nothing about the game so far, but I'll see what I can do :D

Strider

If you don't buy Transistor then I'll be disappointed in you.

Really? I was thinking the exact opposite. It'll probably be cheaper during the winter sale and that's not far off. Hell it was even cheaper on PSN this week. Pretty easy to hold off a little longer at that price point.

XShagrath

Yeah, that's frustrating. The best thing about the packs is that in addition to the DLC apps for the individual songs there's also a DLC app for the pack, so in addition to saving money (well, in cases where the discount is universal) you also get more DLC!
Well, that's nice and all, but I actually play the game and wanted some more songs.

denx

Really? I was thinking the exact opposite. It'll probably be cheaper during the winter sale and that's not far off. Hell it was even cheaper on PSN this week. Pretty easy to hold off a little longer at that price point.

If last year is anything to go by, it's very unlikely it will be cheaper at the Winter sale, but you never know.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Ugh!

image.php

Additionally, the pricing doesn't make sense - most of the packs are now more expensive than buying the songs individually. Also, no sale on the White Stripes songs makes me sad.

Fair point, so long as you buy it this year. Favourite game of 2014 for me I think.

Jawmuncher

uh so i guess capcom isn't going to remove gfwl from lost planet colonies edition? only the vanilla is on sale.

The additions are mostly MP stuff right?

Yep it's all MP and some bonus SP modes you probably wouldn't bother with.

Score Attack - Each enemy and destructible object has points assigned to them, with the player being awarded different points depending on how they defeat the enemy.

Trial Battle Mode - Take on each of the game's Bosses, one after another

Off Limit Mode - Go wild with over-the-top, super-charged weapons with unlimited ammunition and increased speed of movement

XShagrath

Additionally, the pricing doesn't make sense - most of the packs are now more expensive than buying the songs individually. Also, no sale on the White Stripes songs makes me sad.
At the start of the sale, everything was 25% off (up to a certain date), so Ubi had to specifically say "make only these 50% off". I've got $70 sitting in my wallet waiting for them to discount things further.

Anteater

Yep it's all MP and some bonus SP modes you probably wouldn't bother with.

Score Attack - Each enemy and destructible object has points assigned to them, with the player being awarded different points depending on how they defeat the enemy.

Trial Battle Mode - Take on each of the game's Bosses, one after another

Off Limit Mode - Go wild with over-the-top, super-charged weapons with unlimited ammunition and increased speed of movement

ooo thanks, i guess i'll pick it up

Any region locking on Lego Batman 3 from Nuuvem? Finally found a second controller so the wife can join in (She adores both Batman and the Lego games). Had a look at SteamDB and doesn't seem like theres a seperate app, but thought I'd double check.

JaseC

Any region locking on Lego Batman 3 from Nuuvem? Finally found a second controller so the wife can join in (She adores both Batman and the Lego games). Had a look at SteamDB and doesn't seem like theres a seperate app, but thought I'd double check.

No.

Ozium

all the saints row 4 DLC for $2.50?

ok

edit: the update pack milamber and others listed does contain all the DLC, I checked the main store page after buying it and every DLC says "in library" now... you gotta go through that link though because it's not listed...

eyeless

that's what i tried, actually, but with hola on after the game is in my cart and i turn it off and go to check out with paypal it empties my cart. i suppose a better question is, is it alright to login to paypal with a vpn active, or even to buy the game with the vpn active? i'm kinda paranoid about it. also, will it activate if i get the key?
can anybody help me?

Varg

Banned
really wish unepic would be a daily... Only game on my wishlist and their has been a shitty 25 percent off since the beginning of the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom