• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsfaeksBR

I ended up getting Lego Batman 2, Marvel Superheroes, The Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings.

Good choices, yes? :D

Also F.E.A.R 1 just to try it out. I heard good thing about the 1st game in the series.

Edit: also going to get Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City GotY

F.E.A.R. is amazing. I'm playing it right now and I keep asking myself why didn't I do it before.

iosefe

Final Fantasy XIII shot up to #1 as quick as Lighting. SE really timed this well by showing the FFXV trailer earlier today and THEN putting this on Steam for a low price. Bravo!

Edit: I would welcome the Ivalice pack(XII and Tactics) anytime.

i remember i once tried to make #IvaliceHD a thing. no one caught on...

Dr Dogg

Those Final Fantasy XIII trading cards and backgrounds are going to be straight up insane I imagine.

I can remember screwing up my Trophies on the PS3 version by downloading one of the unlockable themes. Thankfully PS+ Cloud Saves made it so I didn't have to ditch my save waste nigh on 30 hours. They're weren't too bad but could be what ends up as backgrounds via cards. Might be one of the few games I earn the drops without IM ;)

ok
ok
ok
......That's a lot of grinding.

There's not too much, if any grinding required as the Missions make up most of the achievements and to get to Level 10 is quite easy if you plan ahead. I bailed after 45 give or take hours but I only have a couple of achievements left and it was mainly because I fucked up the 'hold every item in the game' one. You need to keep an eye of that bad boy.

Uzzy

After spending all day worrying about the referendum, seeing FFXIII on Steam cheered me right up. And for an awesome price too. Instantly purchased.

Well, I may have to buy FFXIII once I get back from the office...

For someone who hasn't owned a console after PS2, all these releases are a godsend.

Now, I'm sure there is a way NOT to spend 100 hours grinding for weapons, right? I bloody well hope so, I'm having enough with the retarded L.A. Noire collectibles, ugh.

I think I've only enjoyed Sleeping Dogs collectible hunting. That one I 100%'d in a reasonable time.

Also, holy shit, Top #1 already? Squeenix, plz, bring moar stuff.

Levyne

Banned
Well, I may have to buy FFXIII once I get back from the office...

For someone who hasn't owned a console after PS2, all these releases are a godsend.

Now, I'm sure there is a way NOT to spend 100 hours grinding for weapons, right? I bloody well hope so, I'm having enough with the retarded L.A. Noire collectibles, ugh.

I think I've only enjoyed Sleeping Dogs collectible hunting. That one I 100%'d in a reasonable time.

Also, holy shit, Top #1 already? Squeenix, plz, bring moar stuff.

I don't remember the specifics, but in order to get a top weapon for each character (I think a trophy for each?) You have to get a rare drop (trapezohedron ) from a large and rare enemy. So depending on your luck at the drop it could take less time, but it's going to take some grinding to get enough to drop or to get enough money to "triplicate" it instead.

Dreavus

F.E.A.R. was pretty good from what I played, but I was getting the weird memory leak where the game keeps losing fps over time because of a weird interaction with my keyboard/mouse (can't remember which one was causing the problem).

Unfortunately I couldn't be bothered to disable partial functionality then re-enable when I was done every time I wanted to play :(

Uzzy

jL77hOx.png

My body is ready for another 100 hours spent running through corridors with Lightning.

I don't remember the specifics, but in order to get a top weapon for each character (I think a trophy for each?) You have to get a rare drop (trapezohedron ) from a large and rare enemy. So depending on your luck at the drop it could take less time, but it's going to take some grinding to get enough to drop or to get enough money to "triplicate" it instead.

Vanille + Death + LUCK

Deitus

I'll give credit where its due, the soundtrack is great, but that's one thing SE rarely fails at. Except for the theme song, that song is doodoo. The one that talks about hands or whatever

That's not the theme song. That's the song that plays at the very end of the game, just before the credits start rolling (although it was also used in some of the promotional material). It's also only in the Western release. And yeah, it's pretty bad.

If anything, this would be the main theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5_pyG9C4po

There are several variations of that melody played throughout the game, and of course it plays on the title screen.

AsfaeksBR

With all this F.E.A.R. talk, I decided to giveaway a copy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AsfaeksBR, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

F.E.A.R. -- MB-52070F7A8C3E3306 - Taken by Blak_Status. 11 entrants total.

t1411079366z1.png

derExperte

Dying Light pre-order: http://store.steampowered.com/app/239140/

Unless Germany....

Oops, sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

And a multiplayer mode as a pre-order incentive?

I might go for the 980, for xmas at least if it's not within my current budget. Rumor says $330 for GTX 970, $549 for GTX 980.

If the benchmarks in that article are correct and the 970 is 350€ max I won't be able to resist even if that's the most I've paid for a graphics card since the GCOAT (9700pro).

chronomac

I've never played a Final Fantasy game from start to finish. The only one I've put a significant amount of time into is Tactics for the GBA, which I guess doesn't really count.

Of the 5 main entries now on Steam, which should I start with? III, IV, VII, VIII, or XIII?

Xanathus

I've never played a Final Fantasy game from start to finish. The only one I've put a significant amount of time into is Tactics for the GBA, which I guess doesn't really count.

Of the 5 main entries now on Steam, which should I start with? III, IV, VII, VIII, or XIII?

They're all almost totally different games. Just play whatever you want in any order.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
799 Rubel sounds good. Will wait for confirmation. Tages DRM seems to be pretty fucked up too (limited activations etc.)...

Control+F: Tages and see what it picks up.

Nabs is right, depending on your language Enhanced Steam may be erroneously picking up the word "Tages" and think that the game has Tages DRM.

EDIT: yep, false alarm

Während des Tages ziehst du durch eine städtische Umgebung, die durch eine mysteriöse Epidemie verwüstet wurde.

VIII is my favorite FF (even though I played VII first)... but a lot of people like VII more.
I guess you should start with either of those two!

Ozium

I wake in the morning, tired of sleeping.. get in the shower and make my bed alone
I put on my makeup, talking to the mirror, ready for a new day without you

And I walk steady on my feet. I talk, my voice obeys me.. I go out at night, sleep without the lights. And I do all of the things I have to keeping you off my mind, but when I think I'll be alright
I am always wrong cause..

MY HANDS
Don't wanna start again
MY HANDS
No they don't wanna understand
MY HANDS
They just shake and try to break whatever peace I may find

MY HANDS
They only agree to hold
YOUR HANDS
And they don't wanna be without
YOUR HANDS
And they will not let me go
No they will not let me go!!

Nabs is right, depending on your language Enhanced Steam may be erroneously picking up the word "Tages" and think that the game has Tages DRM.

Yeah... "Tag" in german means "day"... and I think that if you use the genitive you get something like "des Tages"...
I might be wrong though. My German is afwul

EDIT: beaten by derExperte... but I'm glad I was right.

Vuze

Ohhhh. Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, the German description mentions "Tages" three times or so. I was shocked for a second, haha.

FloatOn

4 was my favorite on SNES but I never played the DS remake so I can't fully comment.

The story to that game blew my mind when I first played it. VII was also pretty incredible the first time through.

JustinBB7

bethezombie.png

Take control of the Night Hunter and begin your hunt for human survivors. As the ultimate zombie predator, you can invade other players’ games and add even more terror to their quest for survival. Kill your prey and develop superhuman skills to become the worst nightmare Harran has ever seen. Experience intense asymmetric multiplayer as the horrifying force behind invasions.

Are you kidding me? This mode is a pre-order exclusive only?

Just... what?

YLbnqgl.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock 2 -- MB-E3516E4E7B2552C5 - Taken by Patison. 3 entrants total.

t1411073126z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom