• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will teach me to avoid preordering bundles.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Face Noir -- MB-617D6EEFED146609 - Taken by Patison. 5 entrants total.
Windforge -- MB-86E76C5E5EA793E2 - Taken by bkw. 2 entrants total.
Not the Robots -- MB-84BF8EC53E05A16D - Taken by Smash88. 2 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-BB7E93B3E5F220DA - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.

t1411086207z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
It may be true for some, but I plan on actually playing / beating it.

oh yeah, same here - absolutely :) I'm definitely going to play it and possibly even beat it :p
besides - I like pretty games :) and this one definitely IS pretty :D

Is Arkham Origins still buggy/glitchy?

I recall the developers stating that they'd rather focus on DLC than patching the game, so I'm more than a little wary about buying a half-baked product.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
it doesn't matter ... I'm betting most people aren't buying it to enjoy it :p

it's more of a "if this one doesn't sell well we won't get any more in the future" kind of thing

I bought it because I never owned a 360 or PS3 and FF12 was the last one I played. I want to give the game a fair chance, hell who knows, maybe I end up liking it :)

But I really, really want FF Tactics and so on, so that is also a reason

Jawmuncher

Timeline for Dysfunctional Systems Episode 2 release and mini episode.

October 15th – Winter’s First Week Script Complete and Finalized
November 17th – Winter’s First Week Assets Complete
November 19th – Winter’s First Week Testing Begins
November 29th – Winter’s First Week Testing Complete
December 3rd – Winter’s First Week Released
December 24th – Episode 2 Script Complete and Finalized
January 15th – Episode 2 Assets Complete
January 17th – Episode 2 Testing Begins
January 27th – Episode 2 Testing Complete
January 31st – Episode 2 Released

Dr Dogg

it doesn't matter ... I'm betting most people aren't buying it to enjoy it :p

it's more of a "if this one doesn't sell well we won't get any more in the future" kind of thing

Hey I'm in both camps. Want to see more FF in Steam and really want to see what this will look like in stupid resolutions. I did find some of the late and end game stuff really made you work the Paradigm system to its fullest and I found it a good battle system. Of course after these I'd really like to see VI, IX, XII and the 3 Tactics games but baby steps (I'm guessing 2D IV is sort of a long long shot now).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I bought it because I never owned a 360 or PS3 and FF12 was the last one I played. I want to give the game a fair chance, hell who knows, maybe I end up liking it :)

But I really, really want FF Tactics and so on, so that is also a reason

precisely :) that's what I meant :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Skin - Four Color Belorussian -- MB-DC5CA88D129B50B1
140 -- MB-5EE319024DF28D06 - Taken by Aitor
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-DBF8600939955CB4
Deadlight -- MB-3D9DDAF06A4FEDA2 - Taken by eyeless
Awesomenauts -- MB-69230FEC34112988 - Taken by danhese007
BIT.Trip Runner -- MB-0F06F1F5D85D40A3 - Taken by Mr. Doop
Orcs Must Die GOTY -- MB-FD2215DE052B94B0 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-0E2ABA776FB192D7
Frozen Synapse -- MB-BF82255D0AF11FF1

KingDirk

So my gaming diet has been Hexcells Plus (on the last world finally, hooray) and Thomas was Alone. Pleasantly surprised by the latter--platforming is competent enough and offers enough variations on challenges that the not-super-precise physics aren't as much of a bother as I think they'd usually be for me. Story's also lighthearted and fun, not as po-faced as I was expecting from the game's title.

When I have the time for longer bursts I think I'll try to finish Revengeance before maybe playing roulette on another longer title. As always, I love this community and I want ya'll to know that. =)

Turfster

I recall the developers stating that they'd rather focus on DLC than patching the game, so I'm more than a little wary about buying a half-baked product.

Yes.
In the first boss fight, the boss was pretty much invisible most of the time due to graphic glitches, for me, for example.

New humble store flash deal: Road not taken 20% off

Pretty amazing final fantasy 13 poping up after all these years, jump on the bandwagon guess I have reason to finish that game finally.

Last week I have had some pretty big RL stuff going, gist of is that I have a job now which is great but I live in london and its pretty crazy and I have no friends here :(

Since I'm away from my computer I'm going to get a tablet, I'm thinking of getting an Nvidia Shield tablet is it any good guys? Or should I get a Samsung tab pro or kindle fire hdx or something else.

I'll try to post more but RL is crazy at the moment.

AHA-Lambda

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-E87CF8DB85BE047D - Taken by Scipius. 126 entrants total.

t1411163367z1.png

Hinomura

Please have fun.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hinomura, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Commandos 3 Destination Berlin -- MB-F5B67EBE8C99C272 - Taken by bluechox2. 4 entrants total.
Solar Flux -- MB-579E39850F7A71CF - Taken by Vlad. 9 entrants total.
Not The Robots -- MB-418873635C4AB8D2 - Taken by xBladeM6x. 1 entrants total.
Claustrophobia The Downward Struggle -- MB-FB31832C4B269587 - Taken by Kuroyume. 8 entrants total.
Deadly 30 -- MB-92611BB1E771A51D - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-13E0557670E995B6 - Taken by Pakkidis. 8 entrants total.
Face Noir -- MB-13B7B430EC615130 - Taken by gaiadyne. 5 entrants total.
Windforge -- MB-530FBB883CF68D17
Ionball 2 Ionstorm -- MB-4EA86D734945FE12 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-50A9B9DF8DB1D49D - Taken by astrogamer. 4 entrants total.
The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-A581C3953D1AC9C3 - Taken by fernandes. 11 entrants total.
Power Up -- MB-C768B45435937868 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-35F51D89E8695150 - Taken by Krappadizzle. 10 entrants total.
Dawn of Fantasy Kingdom Wars -- MB-AC5B898E75E00904 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
The Book of Legends -- MB-968E4E6CEA31677A - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut -- MB-D1BDE0300132A167 - Taken by billmcdougal. 23 entrants total.
Commandos 2 Men of Courage -- MB-48BAA64AA9EF936C - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 4 entrants total.
CastleMiner Z -- MB-9679CA00D854DD02 - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-F7F0B1A793510C95 - Taken by Daedalos42. 5 entrants total.
Commandos Behind Enemy Lines -- MB-333A6D4EB6D64BAC - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.
Commandos Beyond the Call of Duty -- MB-4B51BAB78BCE512C - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.

t1411087947z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
:'( the wounds are still deep... the things I would do for a FM5 remaster with official translation, such a great game

The last one I played was Front Mission 4 on the PS2 which I really liked. If it
or any other
Front Mission game came to Steam they would be instantly bought.

Since I'm away from my computer I'm going to get a tablet, I'm thinking of getting an Nvidia Shield tablet is it any good guys? Or should I get a Samsung tab pro or kindle fire hdx or something else.

I haven't used the Shield tablet myself. Obviously the draw for this device is being able to stream games from your Windows PC with an Nvidia graphics card.

If you're looking for great Android gaming, I would definitely recommend the Samsung line. I'm currently using a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and it's been absolutely phenomenal. A few games don't work with the device's 2560x1600 resolution, but I'd say 99% of stuff I've tried has worked flawlessly. It's a much better device (specs wise) than the Nvidia tablet, but it also comes with a higher price tag.

Hugstable

Banned
So excited to finally play FFXIII on my PC, hopefully they make it a somewhat decent port as well. I think I might jump on FFIV also even with knowing it's problems. It had the same issues on iOS I believe with the static animation FPS during the fights, but I really enjoy the game and it's easily my favorite version of Final Fantasy IV due to actually needing abilites, buffs, etc to be successful in fights. Blink and Protect/Shell actually got used in this game, and I rarely use these spells in any other FF game.

As bad as Double Fine has been acting lately, I hope all this negative PR isn't terribly impacting Gang Beasts. That game is a revolution, and DF is merely publishing it.

Yes.
In the first boss fight, the boss was pretty much invisible most of the time due to graphic glitches, for me, for example.

Bummer. That's the real crime Batman should be investigating.

Mokoi

Banned
Timeline for Dysfunctional Systems Episode 2 release and mini episode.

I'm sad that Doomfest is not the artwork anymore since it was the main reason I even bought the first episode. I don't really like the way Episode 2 looks, but oh well I'm still going to buy it.

Jawmuncher

I'm sad that Doomfest is not the artwork anymore since it was the main reason I even bought the first episode. I don't really like the way Episode 2 looks, but oh well I'm still going to buy it.

I think after the initial concepts and what we have now it's come a long way. Still not as good but still good for what it is.
The artwork was better in junipers knot though.

Sharkiller

i finish the game a lot of month after release and still had a lot of problems with the game. Random crashes, bugged missions that prevent you from continue the history (most annoying), falls into the void. I had to redo a lot of missions due to bugs. Worst experience in a Batman game. I did 100% in batman asylum and city but only ~60% in this one.

derExperte

Very, in the first few hours I had to restart from checkpoints multiple times because a script didn't trigger or a door couldn't be opened. Batman got stuck in an animation loop in a cutscene, enemies got stuck in corners and other glitches. The city itself is badly designed as well with ledges you can't grapple to for no apparent reason.

DukeBobby

I gave up on Final Fantasy XIII after about 20 hours. Apparently, I was still in the tutorial.

I'll pick it up when it's £5 and give it another shot.

KarmaCow

The Free Hoxton DLC for Payday 2 should be out soon since they added the teaser trailer to the intro of the game. It doesn't look like there will be a way to fully stealth it if the teaser trailer is anything to go by. I really hope it's half stealthing into the prison, then a mad dash to find Hoxton as well as a proper escape to the van like in the original Payday. There doesn't seem to be a big window for the DLC though. The Hotline Miami cross over DLC comes out at the end of the month and there will be a Halloween event at the end of October. I hope that doesn't mean it's coming in Novemeber.

Mono

Cecil's gloriously optimised purple lipstick is fully visable in this version; 10/10!

This seems like a decent port. Things get very pixelated like in this picture when it zooms in on the character models, but it looks better than I expected!

I gave up on Final Fantasy XIII after about 20 hours. Apparently, I was still in the tutorial.

I'll pick it up when it's £5 and give it another shot.

FF13 is very hit or miss for the ~20 hours of very linear story, but if you can power through that, the open world portion of the game is by far the best part. I spent way more time in the open world end-game zone.

While I'm probably completely on my own, I'd like to ask for people to drop Russian key trading, especially for Final Fantasy 13.

It took many, many years for publishers to get over the "piracy will destroy sales" thing and finally we are getting games on PC again and at very reasonable prices.

I can sympathise with people wanting (or needing) cheap games, but ultimately it'll just prove counter productive for everybody.

People constantly talk about "I wish x would come to Steam". Here is one of those big games, there are potentially other big games to follow, some of which might actually be worth playing and I think it is time to take a stand.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The Free Hoxton DLC for Payday 2 should be out soon since they added the teaser trailer to the intro of the game. It doesn't look like there will be a way to fully stealth it if the teaser trailer is anything to go by. I really hope it's half stealthing into the prison, then a mad dash to find Hoxton as well as a proper escape to the van like in the original Payday. There doesn't seem to be a big window for the DLC though. The Hotline Miami cross over DLC comes out at the end of the month and there will be a Halloween event at the end of October. I hope that doesn't mean it's coming in Novemeber.

I can't remember exactly where they mentioned it, but it seemed like Almir was suggesting that Free Hoxton would occur after Crimefest, but not too soon after. It'd be crazy to release such an amount of content in such a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom