• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Preorder shadow Wang two ye nutters

I loved the first one but there's something about what I've seen of this one that's holding me back. I'm going to wait for some real impressions after releasing before hopping on.

Damn, the 20% off does look nice.

I loved the first one but there's something about what I've seen of this one that's holding me back. I'm going to wait for some real impressions after releasing before hopping on.

Damn, the 20% off does look nice.
It's the open world shenanigans isn't it?

Xanathus

Any recommendations for me between COD Ghosts and Modern Warfare 3 if I'm looking to only play the single-player campaign? I hear MW3 has a good story but I'm not sure about Ghosts.

Corpekata

Banned
Any recommendations for me between COD Ghosts and Modern Warfare 3 if I'm looking to only play the single-player campaign? I hear MW3 has a good story but I'm not sure about Ghosts.

Ghosts is one of the most poorly regarded campaigns (haven't played it, but that seems to be the consensus).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's the open world shenanigans isn't it?

It's not open-world, just semi-procedurally generated:

See Mr. Tibbs' post above. Essentially, levels are composed of tiles and those that do not contain a story-related event are randomly generated. The game isn't procedurally generated in the generally-understood sense that there's effectively no end, so it's not quite like, say, Strafe. In other words, the procedural generation system serves to fill in the blanks in each level rather than outright drive the level design a la NMS.

kurahador

Ghost and Black Ops 3 has the worst campaign in a while, avoid.
Ghost especially because it's so boring and even ends on a cliffhanger that won't be resolved anytime soon.

Neither of those are very good. Pick MW3 if you've played the first two and you want a conclusion to the story. I wouldn't recommend Ghosts at all.

Xanathus

Ghosts is one of the most poorly regarded campaigns (haven't played it, but that seems to be the consensus).

Ghost and Black Ops 3 has the worst campaign in a while, avoid.
Ghost especially because it's so boring and even ends on a cliffhanger that won't be resolved anytime soon.

Neither of those are very good. Pick MW3 if you've played the first two and you want a conclusion to the story. I wouldn't recommend Ghosts at all.

Cool, guess I'll just get Modern Warfare 3 to see the conclusion of the story.

Ludens

Banned
So I didn't follow Mankind Divided, but is the game so short?
I saw the last Jimquisition and it seems very short indeed even compared to Human Revolution.

I saw the last Jimquisition and it seems very short indeed even compared to Human Revolution.
I'm 12 hours in and have only done like 5 missions, but idk if I'm the best metric.

I only play stealth and visit literally every location just looking at and for things.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm at 23 hours and I'm probably 2/3rd of the way in, still have a handful of side and main missions left. Probably end up capping out at 30ish hours I'd wager.

dex3108

To be honest every game can be short or very long depending on player. Some people finished GTA V in >20 hours and i ended up with 80+ hours in SP. It depends on your playstyle and what do you want to do in game. :D

Phinor

To be honest every game can be short or very long depending on player. Some people finished GTA V in >20 hours and i ended up with 80+ hours in SP. It depends on your playstyle and what do you want to do in game. :D

There's also people who "do everything" and still end up with really quick runthroughs which always makes me think if they actually did everything. Like I've seen multiple people say they explored everything in Mankind Divided and did every quest, and ended up with like 15-17 hours played. Meanwhile I'm at around halfway point with similar hours.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
List of shmups not on Steam that absolutely should've been by now:

Mars Matrix
Psyvariar
Radiant Silvergun
Gradius V

Damn it publishers plz

I would love Giga Wing 2 and Progear

And Gradius 5 would be amazing... sadly it will never happen :(

Mindbending how a 10 year old game like COD4 still doesn't hit over 50% off. I want to buy this game, some day, but not at this price..

rahji

Yesterday I played 1.5 hours of FFXIII. The setting seems to be quite interesting so far. A group of exiled people fighting against the government alongside a soldier with pink hair with unknown goals all set in very cool looking sci fi world.
the fal cie seem to be quite interesting too.

Ludens

Banned
The heck, so fast? HR Director's Cut took me 40 hours going full stealth and doing everything.

Well, I took 21 hours on Deus Ex HR going full stealth/no kills too, and 4 hours to beat the DLC in the same way to be honest.
I agree about the fact a game can be much longer or shorter regarding to who plays it, but I read there's only one city hub in Mankind while there were three (if I'm not wrong) in HR.

Ah well. QB pushed back two weeks.

Well, In Italy you can't even pre-order it yet because no retailer has it listed.

kurahador

Mindbending how a 10 year old game like COD4 still doesn't hit over 50% off. I want to buy this game, some day, but not at this price..

IIRC, the only time COD4 has ever been more than 50% off was 4 years ago.
4BQJREq.jpg

derFeef

Ah well. QB pushed back two weeks.
Our retail partner THQ Nordic, who are taking care of Quantum Break: Timeless Collector's Edition, need more time for mastering and manufacturing. This means that both the Steam and retail editions have been moved to be released two weeks later on Thursday the 29th of September 2016. Apologies for the delay, hopefully this way everyone will get their hands on the special edition at the same time!

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Trinium Wars Steam Premium Starter Pack -- MB-3787B5E0C46EB9EE - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
Forge of Gods: Team of Justice Pack -- MB-61825B3F19757D6F - Taken by ExoSoul
Goocubelets -- MB-711BC807F7A29F68 - Taken by MaxiLive

Just a note: Trinium Wars was removed from the store, but with this key you can activate it and get card drops.

Eeeeeeeeeh not many here care for Jimquisition, and it has nothing to do with morningbus :p
I am concerned however with how some people will get the improper idea from his recent MD videos.

Well, what SE did with microtransactions is very scummy. But it's SE. I mean, even with MGSV we knew microtransactions were a thing BEFORE the game was released, they were like greyed out for reviewers but they were here. For MD it seems no one knew about them, because they were not a thing in review copies. For me when I pay you 60, it's all over, you don't need to fill the game with microtransactions, optional or not. I'm pretty sure we'll see microtransactions in FFXV too, I even opened a thread about like six months ago or so.

Tizoc

Just a note: Trinium Wars was removed from the store, but with this key you can activate it and get card drops.

Well, what SE did with microtransactions is very scummy. But it's SE. I mean, even with MGSV we knew microtransactions were a thing BEFORE the game was released, they were like greyed out for reviewers but they were here. For MD it seems no one knew about them, because they were not a thing in review copies. For me when I pay you 60, it's all over, you don't need to fill the game with microtransactions, optional or not. I'm pretty sure we'll see microtransactions in FFXV too, I even opened a thread about like six months ago or so.

Some didn't even KNOW there were microtransactions until they were TOLD there were microtransactions.
Personally I couldn't care less about such things long as they don't impact the game, and with MD? It didn't impact so they may as well not be there.
I'm of the mindset that if you don't want to support microtransactions, or for their concept to flourish, just don't pay for them in any game you got.

We need a self-imposed moratorium on Steamspy browsing.

Welp. Alright, if 3 days is not enough, then 1 week it is.

Took me 20 hours to beat, HR were 25 for me.

Well, I took 21 hours on Deus Ex HR going full stealth/no kills too, and 4 hours to beat the DLC in the same way to be honest.
I agree about the fact a game can be much longer or shorter regarding to who plays it, but I read there's only one city hub in Mankind while there were three (if I'm not wrong) in HR.

According to Steam stats, I beat HR in 54 hours. I've just beat MD and it took me 48 hours. Both going for full stealth and pacifist run, as well as doing most, if not all, available side quests. MD story is undeniably shorter, but the side missions and point of interests are much better than HR. The side missions help building the whole story of the game, and you'll be missing out if you missed them. Also, Prague is a much better hub than the ones in Human Revolution. It also feels bigger compared to Detroid and Hengsha combined, because there are so many thing you can do in the city. It's pretty depth and filled with content. However, I did replay some of the missions to see the consequences of missions with 2 choices, also to get achievements for both routes. Maybe it's actually 45 hours for HR and 40 hours for MD for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom