• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Haha, sorry about that.

Generally speaking, there isn't a time I'm not idlein' I am a frequent buyer of bundles so the idling practically never stops.

Last game I played was Owlboy a week or so ago, but I started a newish job recently and I have a lot on my plate before I automate/audit/monitor this place to a point that I only seldomly need to check on it.

That's fine, the Steam version doesn't support 4k resolution and was kind of broken. Hilariously, the UWA version of Infinity worked perfectly on my 4k monitor.

Well, the UWA version might be different, not sure if you get the Gold Edition if you got it there. The wording on their site about other versions isn't exactly enlightning.

OmarYusaf

Haha, sorry about that.

Generally speaking, there isn't a time I'm not idlein' I am a frequent buyer of bundles so the idling practically never stops.

Last game I played was Owlboy a week or so ago, but I started a newish job recently and I have a lot on my plate before I automate/audit/monitor this place to a point that I only seldomly need to check on it.

That's fine, the Steam version doesn't support 4k resolution and was kind of broken. Hilariously, the UWA version of Infinity worked perfectly on my 4k monitor.

Did you try the card drop glitch to speed it up?

Eila

*1 All the characters in this game are older than leagal drinking age!
*2 This game supports only Japanese language at the morment.
*3 This game cntains some Mature Contents(service scenes).

Steam game of the month?

Ucchedavāda;218639909 said:
As I mentioned before, my Steam account turned 10 today. So I thought I'd clean up in all my left-over keys, and do a giveaway. All the keys should work, barring any mistakes on my part. And to make things more interesting, cleverly hidden behind one of these entries is a key for Civilization VI! If you are smart enough, perhaps you can be the one to guess which entry it is and win the key! I'll even give you a hint:
It's the one labeled Civiliation VI

header.jpg

But note that the Civilization VI key is not valid in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, My Underwear, and the Russian Federation, so please do not enter the raffle for that key if you are located in one of those regions.

TI793.gif

My god, man. Very generous of you.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

About 70 existent weapons!
T-34, Mosin-Nagant, Katyusha, etc…
About 20 Maps!
Maps are based on famous battles in Eastern Front, such as Battle of Moscow, Battle of Kursk, etc…
School Phase between chapters.
Heroines teache you Russian History, Weapon, and miscellaneous knowledges about Russia.
Comedy story, that fools hell of the war!

I for one am glad that this stays historically accurate.

hohoXD123

Heh, quantum break still seems to run like shit on steam (even if it is an improvement over windows store). I'll probably get it....eventually.

Ascheroth

Finally finished Tales from the Borderlands. Only took me over half a year.
I liked the characters, story, art and the writing was hilarious (
the pretend finger-gun fight absolutely killed me
) and had some very cool twists, but I guess I'm not a huge fan of the 'gameplay'.
The walking-around-and-look-at-stuff sections are a nice way to break up the pace a little, but you walk way too freaking slow.
I dislike sudden quicktime events after a long section of nothing. It's annoying when you're leaning back and only have your hand on the mouse and suddenly something pops up and you miss it and have to replay a short section in the worst case.
The fact that there's no way to fast-forward or skip dialog is ridiculous in a game with so many choices. I'd like to see some other stuff, but there's no way I'm replaying everything.
The timed dialog choices aren't that great as well. I get the idea, but when you have to choose something before they even finished talking, it's just ehhhh.

So yeah, I liked the story and such, but I think it will be my first and last Telltale game.
I guess I prefer VNs overall.

OmarYusaf

) and had some very cool twists, but I guess I'm not a huge fan of the 'gameplay'.
The walking-around-and-look-at-stuff sections are a nice way to break up the pace a little, but you walk way too freaking slow.
I dislike sudden quicktime events after a long section of nothing. It's annoying when you're leaning back and only have your hand on the mouse and suddenly something pops up and you miss it and have to replay a short section in the worst case.
The fact that there's no way to fast-forward or skip dialog is ridiculous in a game with so many choices. I'd like to see some other stuff, but there's no way I'm replaying everything.
The timed dialog choices aren't that great as well. I get the idea, but when you have to choose something before they even finished talking, it's just ehhhh.

So yeah, I liked the story and such, but I think it will be my first and last Telltale game.

Did you encounter any bugs/pop in/loading issues? I was under the impression the Telltale engine was very bad with these things..

Ascheroth

Did you encounter any bugs/pop in/loading issues? I was under the impression the Telltale engine was very bad with these things..

No in-game-bugs, freezes or crashes as far as I can remember. I think I did have to mess around a bit to get it running properly, but nothing huge. There was some occassional noticable pop-in during scene/camera switches, but nothing too bad.

OmarYusaf

No in-game-bugs, freezes or crashes as far as I can remember. I think I did have to mess around a bit to get it running properly, but nothing huge. There was some occassional noticable pop-in during scene/camera switches, but nothing too bad.

That's good to hear. Borderlands may be the only Telltale game I'm interested in. I think I'd enjoy a linear choose-your-own-adventure more with a non-serious tone.

Uzzy

Space Hulk: Deathwing Arsenal

Game looks pretty good. Should be fun purging some nids with some buddies, though the weapons lack a bit of oomph. Everything should be louder, more metal, more grimdark. It's also a shame that we're stuck playing as filthy traitors rather than a proper loyalist chapter like the Space Wolves, but I'm sure I'll cope.

Majukun

As I mentioned before, my Steam account turned 10 today. So I thought I'd clean up in all my left-over keys, and do a giveaway. All the keys should work, barring any mistakes on my part. And to make things more interesting, cleverly hidden behind one of these entries is a key for Civilization VI! If you are smart enough, perhaps you can be the one to guess which entry it is and win the key! I'll even give you a hint:

header.jpg

But note that the Civilization VI key is not valid in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, My Underwear, and the Russian Federation, so please do not enter the raffle for that key if you are located in one of those regions.

woa,thanks man happy steam birthday

Lomax

Offline Disney Infinity is the best news I've heard all week. The Star Wars stuff is legitimately great. Wish they'd have announced it sooner though, I'd have bought something to have it on steam. Wonder if they'll sell it as a new package.

illusionary

Who's ready to be disappointed in 7 days?
I'm *this close* to buying my first monthly bundle - I'll probably have myself convinced in a day or so... then will of course be able to join in the disappointment!

header.jpg

Well, that's an amazingly generous giveaway - thanks for doing this, and happy Steam birthday!

D3RANG3D

The word "hebereke" apparently means "(very) drunk". How this relates to either series, I couldn't tell you.

I thought we were finally starting to move past the "let's stick zombies in everything" phase. :s

There is a drunk girl on the banner of the other game.

neoemonk

I forgot I had this game because it's not on my Steam. I have to log into the Telltale site to download it. I should really do that some time.

Nere

So with the new Civilazation coming out thought of buying Civ 5 which shows on sale but the complete package is 37 euros which is a lot. Does it ever go lower than that?

data

So with the new Civilazation coming out thought of buying Civ 5 which shows on sale but the complete package is 37 euros which is a lot. Does it ever go lower than that?

Yeah, 12.49 EUR usually. Sometimes even 10. I'm sure 2K will do another bundle with Civ V complete in it.

Tellaerin

There is a drunk girl on the banner of thr other game.

Boom, there you go.

Space Hulk: Deathwing Arsenal

Game looks pretty good. Should be fun purging some nids with some buddies, though the weapons lack a bit of oomph. Everything should be louder, more metal, more grimdark. It's also a shame that we're stuck playing as filthy traitors rather than a proper loyalist chapter like the Space Wolves, but I'm sure I'll cope.

Should've had you playing as a Deathwatch kill-team. Perfect way to let each player choose their own Chapter (with unique perks for each) and still have them working together.

Nzyme32

Mafia 3 preloaded and ready to go. Also Steam Refund at the ready should the shady "no reviews prior to launch" actually mean a terrible / broken game

In the UK it hits £8 almost every sale.

To be clear, if you get it - makes sure to get the complete edition. The expansions Gods and Kings, as well as Brave New World, are absolutely essential.

Civ V is awesome and the workshop will likely add tons of hours for you once you eventually feel more adventurous beyond what Civ V Complete contains. Civ VI is genuinely looking incredible from what all the folks playing freely now are discussing. Everything is a strong step forward over previous Civ games, often taking a leap beyond what new Civ games would usually take, but all of these seem excellent and in the spirit of Civ.

Having said that, if you haven't played Civ V, might as well get that amazing value for money in a sale and have an absurd amount of fun for several years and then move on the Civ VI when the workshop is pumped full of cool shit and the expansions are out.

Nere

Mafia 3 preloaded and ready to go. Also Steam Refund at the ready should the shady "no reviews prior to launch" actually mean a terrible / broken game

In the UK it hits £8 almost every sale.

To be clear, if you get it - makes sure to get the complete edition. The expansions Gods and Kings, as well as Brave New World, are absolutely essential.

Civ V is awesome and the workshop will likely add tons of hours for you once you eventually feel more adventurous beyond what Civ V Complete contains. Civ VI is genuinely looking incredible from what all the folks playing freely now are discussing. Everything is a strong step forward over previous Civ games, often taking a leap beyond what new Civ games would usually take, but all of these seem excellent and in the spirit of Civ.

Having said that, if you haven't played Civ V, might as well get that amazing value for money in a sale and have an absurd amount of fun for several years and then move on the Civ VI when the workshop is pumped full of cool shit and the expansions are out.

Yeah I have heard that you absolutely should have the expansions. Btw the complete edition is 107 euros without the sale .......... wtf?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Quantum Break seems to be well-received on Steam so far despite the performance problems:

BTLmlBF.png

It's a pretty rad game, and I think a lot of people are happy to be able to purchase it on their platform of choice despite performance issues.

Damn, I was planning to pick up a cheap piece of DLC for Infinity 3.0 just to have it show up in my library, but I hadn't got around to it yet. Hopefully the gold version will be available to purchase later and won't be $50 with hardly any sales like 2.0 was.

Tizoc

Frog Fractions 2 shows up on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/485120/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_3

Quantum Break seems to be well-received on Steam so far despite the performance problems:

BTLmlBF.png

Performance issues can get fixed over time.
I tried Dead Rising 3 recently and holy shit: It ran fine for me. I hadn't unlocked the FPS but the game ran freaking smooth on my current laptop (GTX 970M).
So I say give it some time for it to get fixed up and then play it again and you'll get a better experience.

That 70 GB size though is something I will not give them a pass for though :v

Endruen

After finishing Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime with my girlfriend (great game to play with your couple, and it's quite challenging), we decided to start Magicka and oh boy, we love this game. It's our type of humor, I love the references and I absolutely love the gameplay consisting in mixing magic elements, so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom