• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
starting up Dishonored again...maybe this will be the time I finally finish it

taking my time and going the stealth approach as much as possible...being able to play at 1440P and 100+ FPS is also a plus

Nabs

Owlboy looks cool, but I think I'll wait until it's a bit closer to $10-15. I'd also like to hear more about the final game.

I reserve the right to start killing some people if I choose

For what it's worth, I did stealth at first too. About 3/4 of the way through, I decided to go stealth-lethal and it was so much better. It really made everything more enjoyable, and I wish I knew how much of an improvement it was before I started.

The stealth was satisfying, but most of the cool power combos were for killing people, so it's one of the few "stealth" games where I had more fun being a killing machine.

How do you guys shuffle your game time between games? Let's say I have Overwatch, Final Fantasy XIV, Hearthstone, Pokemon TCG Online, Pokemon Go and FIFA 17 I will play regularly, I'm thinking how I can shuffle between them. I especially want to level up in Overwatch, FFXIV and probably Hearthstone.
I usually focus on one game at a time. If it stops being fun, I put it quickly on hold indefinitely though and start another one. Life's too short to play games that are not fun anymore.

Grief.exe

Right but i don't feel like that excuse applies to ARK at all, at this point the "early access" is just a glorified title. The game is pretty much complete, hence why they can release a paid dlc in the current state of the game.

Irrelevant when the game looks and runs as poorly as it does, especially when said game already has a paid DLC/expansion out.

That actually does actually explain the expansion, as the art team has nothing to work on as the programming side is working on updating the game itself. So they need something to iterate on that will mean minimal work for the programming side. At the same time generating revenue to keep the company afloat and allow for further investment.

Something similar happened in DayZ's development, they realized they needed to switch both rendering engines and backend server development. So while the programming side implements years worth of work, the art team adds in towns, weapons, enemies, etc.

Nonetheless I'm shocked that so many PC people can enjoy playing at 30fps and below. The gameplay is nothing special so I truly don't get ARK.

PC gamers love the genre, it was the birth place of Minecraft afterall.

Wot I've been playing the past week.

F654AB86279769679691FC738064313058A5A340

0FDD135DE18844202EF4AB303267AABAD2451AB7
Goat Simulator

I've been kicking around Goat Simulator as a mindlessness activity off and on since its release. I never really tried to finish any goals until a dlc Waste of Space. I ended up completing all the missions and.. wasn't really fulfilling. I enjoyed my time, playing was fun and the humor was often clever. Yet I don't feel like it was really worth my time.

Lego Batman 3

I was fairly disappointed in this game. Its the first Lego game in a long time that I did not 100%. I appreciate all the throw backs to the tv shows and movies, and deep cut reference to the dc universe. The levels themselves weren't interesting. Especially the hub worlds. They seem plain and uninteresting. Also I didn't care for all the celebrity characters. Way too much Kevin Smith and Conan O'brian. The humor failed more other than it hit. Next up is Lego Jurassic Park

Right but i don't feel like that excuse applies to ARK at all, at this point the "early access" is just a glorified title. The game is pretty much complete, hence why they can release a paid dlc in the current state of the game.

Which ARK are we talking about? AR-K: The Great Escape, or ARK: Survival Evolved?

Finally finished The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine, thus concluding my time with The Witcher 3. Almost 200 hours, and one of, if not the best games of all time. Bitter sweet moment, I was kind of ready to wrap it up but as I got closer to the end I started to wish that there was more.

How do you guys shuffle your game time between games? Let's say I have Overwatch, Final Fantasy XIV, Hearthstone, Pokemon TCG Online, Pokemon Go and FIFA 17 I will play regularly, I'm thinking how I can shuffle between them. I especially want to level up in Overwatch, FFXIV and probably Hearthstone.

I only have one rule: Play one game at a time until I'm finished with it. If I were to switch to another game, I have to make sure that I finish it. Whether I'm finished with it or not, I'll go back to my first game.

In your case, you should be playing FF XIV exclusively. It's a sub-based mmorpg, it'll be a shame if you don't use the time effectively. You can play the mobile games mobile, while you're not at home.

AHA-Lambda

shit, I need to keep an eye on chrono.gg now

Just saw that they had a double pack a few days ago for Always Sometimes Monsters & Sometimes Always Monsters (which isn't even out yet) for $12.50 =/

I dream of a remastered LEGO LOTR + The Hobbit release.

The Hobbit part will get the third movie content and both will have online coop.

I can dream.

Lego killed that itself when it terminated the license. Even though The Hobbit Trilogy and TTgames are under the Warner Bros banner, they can't produce games or dlc if the Lego toy company no longer holds the rights.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gaffers:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dead6shot -- MB-AFC2B49394076089 - Taken by gaiadyne
Guardians of Victoria -- MB-9C2C7AC1C1FDB36C - Taken by septicore
Rooms: the Main building -- MB-A7C99B48BDDF1260 - Taken by The Hermit
Love is Blind: Mutants -- MB-D8FC6C252268D567 - Taken by Eila
Bundlestars extras. Should be good.

Inferno Climber is pretty fantastic so far. Don't understand why it hasn't taken off (yet?). Putting the obvious Souls resemblance aside, it sort of gives me Maximo vibes. And Maximo was awesome and should be top spot on games people beg Capcom to bring back. Seriously.

I just noticed Dota 2 appearing on VR in Steam library. How is that possible? I mean, all VR games are FPS games. How is Dota 2 supposed to be played with VR?

Platy

...is there a steam tag for Friendly Fire ?

....is there a way to even search tags ?

Or even a site that lists coop games that have friendly fire ?

Why? The maps aren't that big.

I'm playing on Nightmare difficulty and being able to save during some fights would have made things more pleasant. I've repeated some parts a bit too many times. Luckily it does at least save your collectibles, upgrades and weapons once you pick them up.

Pixieking

Banned
So, I just got 350 cards in an hour by running the 1.5 sec AHK script and reloading idlemaster a few times. Idk what happened, never got that many but they just kept pouring in, lol. Just gotta idle these 4 remaining cards the normal way because the glitch doesn't seem to work on just 2 games.

It kind-of-works for 1 and 2 games... If you pass the two hour threshold, and then quit/restart Idlemaster a few times you may see a drop faster than you would normally. But it's very iffy, so no guarantee. If you're sat in front of your PC whilst its idling, it's worth poking a little, but don't waste time over it.

kagamin

Nah, i am SEARCHING for friendly fire ! I just want some hardcore beat em up fun like the old days xD

This is a co-op beat'em up I found that has friendly fire although it doesn't appear that you deal any damage to the person you hit, haven't played it though so can't give impressions.

fallout

The short version? Chill the fuck out, and if your money means that much to you, apply that standard to initial purchases instead of losing your shit after it's already gone because you can't get it back.
I wasn't expecting my post to be such a catalyst, but I'm thankful that it was. Thanks for taking my loose thoughts and running with them. It was a great read.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
...is there a steam tag for Friendly Fire ?

....is there a way to even search tags ?

Or even a site that lists coop games that have friendly fire ?

I'm not seeing a specific tag for friendly fire. Your best bet is probably to go by the co-op tag and refine and see if anything relevant pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom