• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

I dont think uve played an actual tomb raider game before :v

I've played Tomb Raider, but i wasn't talking about Tomb Raider, I was talking about Tomb Raider. As in, the other Tomb Raider that is just called Tomb Raider and not Tomb Raider.

Tellaerin

I've played Tomb Raider, but i wasn't talking about Tomb Raider, I was talking about Tomb Raider. As in, the other Tomb Raider that is just called Tomb Raider and not Tomb Raider.

How is TRINO anyway? Judged on its own merits, I mean, not as a Tomb Raider sequel. It's one of those games that I picked up like 2 1/2 years ago during an Amazon sale (back when Amazon still had good sales for PC stuff) and still haven't gotten around to playing. Thinking about installing it soon.

Is there a way to tie Disney Infinity 3.0 to my Steam account so that I can definitely redownload it if it gets delisted? I contacted Infinity support and was told that, as long as I'm connected to the Steam servers, the Steam version will still work after the other PC version goes offline at the end of the month.

On that note, JaseC, is there a way for Disney to tie its server information to Steam's servers in terms of checking in and/or character data?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to tie Disney Infinity 3.0 to my Steam account so that I can definitely redownload it if it gets delisted? I contacted Infinity support and was told that, as long as I'm connected to the Steam servers, the Steam version will still work after the other PC version goes offline at the end of the month.

Installing the game will permanently tie the game to your account. It just won't stick around in your library when uninstalled unless you own DLC. To install it again, bookmark a random page and change the URL to steam://install/361640.

On that note, JaseC, is there a way for Disney to tie its server information to Steam's servers in terms of checking in and/or character data?

Nope (well, not without moving the game's network framework to Steamworks), but even if there were, that ship sailed when the game's shutdown was announced.

Deques

How does the login work in the Steam version work? Can you input Infinity login info in there? Or does it automatically login with Steam credentials?

edit: nvm, JaseC answered already

Stuff I've been playing:

Combination of Car Mechanic Simulator and a boring click on incidents on a screen sending trucks/helicopters to help people out. The Car Mechanic part is pretty good though there are only 13 missions and you have to endlessly click on the map screen to open them up at various ranks. Pretty easy to 100% the achievements in 5-6 hours though I was only part way through the game when I did, there was still a map to unlock. I got bored at this point and moved on. Just play car mechanic simulator instead,

Nice little marble rolling physics puzzle game. Been around for a while now this one, but still well worth a play. Lovely graphics, you play the game in the foreground in silhouette against a colourful background. A multitude of well designed puzzles that never outstay their welcome. Ride rollercoasters, drive vehicles, ride larger balls etc...

Puzzle game where you arrange toys on a bed so the various toys are happy and their requirements met. Cats don't like other toys approaching them, they only like to approach toys themselves. No one likes to be near the Skunk etc... Quite a decent arranging puzzler though the voice acting is terrible.

So I came to the realisation that with all the countless Tower Defence games I own, I've never actually finished one. This could be the first? Standard formula everyone knows but this one probably has better graphics and presentation than most. You play a Native American Princess taking on a zombie hoard along with vultures and maggots. Very decent TD.

Looks like a game made in 2002 and performs like Crysis on a C64. Terrible graphics, bizarre vehicle handling and all round janky simulation gameplay. On one shift I was driving an ambulance and I got called to the same drunk teenage girl 3 times in 3 different locations. Clearly she immediately checked herself out of hospital and went straight back to drinking. Achievements don't work either. Avoid.

Early Telltale effort that takes place parallel to the story of Jurassic Park 1. Far more interactive than the later efforts, long QTE events, puzzles that take a little bit of thought and scenes with multiple protagonists interacting. I'm halfway through and I'm enjoying it. It's not at the same level as Wolf, WD or Borderlands but it's still very decent.

Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click...

Beautiful typing/adventure game. Kill enemies, unlock 'doors', plant flowers and operate machines by typing the words above them Eventually you'll unlock 4 types of weapons, fire that burns through an extra word allowing you to kill faster, ice to freeze in place, wind to push back and spark (electricity) to spread damage. I mostly used fire as it's not particularly hard and most of the time the game only asked for 3-4 letter words.

The game mostly takes place in an open world but in some places you enter into what could almost be called a tower defence setting where your character is stationary and what at times seem like endless waves need typing at. Some of these went on a little too long.

I really liked the hidden achievements. They are
based on typing 1% of various novels and poems. Starting at The Mariner and going all the way to GOT! There is definitely a sense of achievement when you realise you've typed out 1% of Bleak House or Foundation!

Tizoc

How is TRINO anyway? Judged on its own merits, I mean, not as a Tomb Raider sequel. It's one of those games that I picked up like 2 1/2 years ago during an Amazon sale (back when Amazon still had good sales for PC stuff) and still haven't gotten around to playing. Thinking about installing it soon.
Its a good murder simulator however u cannot fire weapons without aiming using the l2 button
Go in it for murdering things with a bow and arrow and ull enjoy it
But as a game as a whole? Not very good despite having some good ideas

Monooboe

Aaah, completed and got 100% on The Final Station. I really really liked it. Highly recommend it even at full price. Some tips if when playing it, don't use medkits on yourself, save them for passangers, and also ladders are your safespace, so hit the enemies in their toes haha.

Jawmuncher

Stuff I've been playing:

Combination of Car Mechanic Simulator and a boring click on incidents on a screen sending trucks/helicopters to help people out. The Car Mechanic part is pretty good though there are only 13 missions and you have to endlessly click on the map screen to open them up at various ranks. Pretty easy to 100% the achievements in 5-6 hours though I was only part way through the game when I did, there was still a map to unlock. I got bored at this point and moved on. Just play car mechanic simulator instead,

Nice little marble rolling physics puzzle game. Been around for a while now this one, but still well worth a play. Lovely graphics, you play the game in the foreground in silhouette against a colourful background. A multitude of well designed puzzles that never outstay their welcome. Ride rollercoasters, drive vehicles, ride larger balls etc...

Puzzle game where you arrange toys on a bed so the various toys are happy and their requirements met. Cats don't like other toys approaching them, they only like to approach toys themselves. No one likes to be near the Skunk etc... Quite a decent arranging puzzler though the voice acting is terrible.

So I came to the realisation that with all the countless Tower Defence games I own, I've never actually finished one. This could be the first? Standard formula everyone knows but this one probably has better graphics and presentation than most. You play a Native American Princess taking on a zombie hoard along with vultures and maggots. Very decent TD.

Looks like a game made in 2002 and performs like Crysis on a C64. Terrible graphics, bizarre vehicle handling and all round janky simulation gameplay. On one shift I was driving an ambulance and I got called to the same drunk teenage girl 3 times in 3 different locations. Clearly she immediately checked herself out of hospital and went straight back to drinking. Achievements don't work either. Avoid.

Early Telltale effort that takes place parallel to the story of Jurassic Park 1. Far more interactive than the later efforts, long QTE events, puzzles that take a little bit of thought and scenes with multiple protagonists interacting. I'm halfway through and I'm enjoying it. It's not at the same level as Wolf, WD or Borderlands but it's still very decent.

Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click...

Beautiful typing/adventure game. Kill enemies, unlock 'doors', plant flowers and operate machines by typing the words above them Eventually you'll unlock 4 types of weapons, fire that burns through an extra word allowing you to kill faster, ice to freeze in place, wind to push back and spark (electricity) to spread damage. I mostly used fire as it's not particularly hard and most of the time the game only asked for 3-4 letter words.

The game mostly takes place in an open world but in some places you enter into what could almost be called a tower defence setting where your character is stationary and what at times seem like endless waves need typing at. Some of these went on a little too long.

I really liked the hidden achievements. They are
based on typing 1% of various novels and poems. Starting at The Mariner and going all the way to GOT! There is definitely a sense of achievement when you realise you've typed out 1% of Bleak House or Foundation!

Yep,jurassic park is by no means bad. Maybe not great like their later efforts. But it shows the building blocks of what would come later. Taking it as a comic from the 90s is the way to go. Though apparently it might still be actually canon.

Tizoc

If u bought humble monthly note that owlboy is discounted there for 20% for the next 4ish hours only and thus is cheapest u could get the game atm

Yep,jurassic park is by no means bad. Maybe not great like their later efforts. But it shows the building blocks of what would come later. Taking it as a comic from the 90s is the way to go. Though apparently it might still be actually canon.

Jurassic Park is pretty good. The last attempt at a game with gameplay.

dex3108

I started playing Oceanhorn and it is cute little game. But it is kinda boring game to me. I guess that i am not fan of the Zelda like games XD

Anteater

I like this guy so far

lostplanetgame_2016_0l6q0p.jpg

I started playing Oceanhorn and it is cute little game. But it is kinda boring game to me. I guess that i am not fan of the Zelda like games XD

It takes inspiration from Zelda games but still not close to Zelda's dungeon designs, the structure is a little different too so don't let it turn you off from Zelda or Okami :p

Tizoc

Are u playing lost planet 3 on easy? Its gameplay may not be kuch to speak of but i quite enjoyed its characters

It's a mediocre zelda-like at best. Everything feels very generic and the dungeons are poorly designed. You're better off playing something like ittle dew, it's far more puzzle focused than zelda, but it's well designed and has it's own personality.

Speaking of which, the store page for the sequel went up recently: http://store.steampowered.com/app/395620

Anteater

Are u playing lost planet 3 on easy? Its gameplay may not be kuch to speak of but i quite enjoyed its characters

I'm playing on normal, is the gameplay bad? It's sorta weird so far since it's not like the first game, but I'm still early and it's not so bad

Jawmuncher

I'm playing on normal, is the gameplay bad? It's sorta weird so far since it's not like the first game, but I'm still early and it's not so bad

You should be fine on normal. Just be wary of the crab boss. It can glitch and you can't hurt him sometimes. It never gets really difficult, game can feel like a bit of a drag if you focus too hard on side missions. So I wouldn't be too concerned with them.

But overall I enjoyed the game as well. Might not be the LP3 people wanted but the game was fine. It was cool seeing a Western side of the series both in Dev and story. LP3 and DmC were really the best things to come out of Capcoms Western licensing for their own IPs.

Wok

Everything about Oceanhorn screams mobile port. It is only worth playing if you have no better game in your library (and I am sure you have better).

Monooboe

20 cent GMG Mystery Pack, didn't have any luck.XD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legendary -- MB-0BF12880B70D4777 - Taken by Tizoc. 1 entrants total.

t1473171854z1.png

fantomena

Owlboy seems to get a lot of media attention in Norwegian newspapers.

If it sells well, hopefully it will increase the amount of money the government hands out to indie devs.

yuraya

So is everyone excited for Halo: Forge in 2 days? Microsoft is about to extend the PC gaming golden age by a few turns.

Also new Humble Bundle today. I think it may be time for that Call of Duty or AssCreed bundle.

derFeef

So is everyone excited for Halo: Forge in 2 days? Microsoft is about to extend the PC gaming golden age by a few turns.

Also new Humble Bundle today. I think it may be time for that Call of Duty or AssCreed bundle.

Not 100%, at least not until that custom game browser comes out.

fantomena

I can't wait to 1080p60fps that thing. Sadly UWP doesn't seem to support Nvidia controlpanel.

Knurek

Humble Scam Bundle.
With all the games not included in previous monthlies.
Bad Rats 4-pack, Digital Homicide Fun Pack, Day One: Garry's Incident, Revelations 2012 and Dinner Date for one time deal of €99.99, 1% of which goes to charity

Momentary

Banned
I hope Senran KAGURA did well enough for Marvelous to warrant a release of Fate/Extella. That game looks like a better Musou than anything Koei Tecmo has released on PC.

My Steam fear is about to become reality.

I have 76 card drops left, but these might be my last. If a developer was going to implement cards, they will have done so by now. No more store discounts from people buying my cards :(

My last card money will go for Deus Ex DLC.

Ascheroth

I hope Sent an KAGURA did well enough for Marvelous to warrant a release of Fate/Extella. That game looks like a better Musou than anything Koei Tecmo has released on PC.

According to SteamSpy it has ~44k owners and the lowest discount it had was -10%. I'd say those are very good numbers.

MadGear

Not 100%, at least not until that custom game browser comes out.

Wait, what? I didn't even know about this. I'm not that interested in custom games itself but I'm sure there will be a couple of hosts with regular deathmatch / big team battle settings. Its still sad that they didn't port all of the multiplayer to PC (and tbh I would have paid for that) but once they add that browser I'll definitely give it a try. I hope this wont take them too long because now I'm actually looking forward to this.

Has anyone here played the Sorcery games? Do the choices truly make a difference in the paths available as you progress through the series?

Monooboe

My Steam fear is about to become reality.

I have 76 card drops left, but these might be my last. If a developer was going to implement cards, they will have done so by now. No more store discounts from people buying my cards :(

My last card money will go for Deus Ex DLC.

You just need to buy more games that have cards.:D

By the way, does anyone know of any good game engines for 2D games? I would like mess around in one, not to make a game but just to do something while listening to audiobooks.

derFeef

Wait, what? I didn't even know about this. I'm not that interested in custom games itself but I'm sure there will be a couple of hosts with regular deathmatch / big team battle settings. Its still sad that they didn't port all of the multiplayer to PC (and tbh I would have paid for that) but once they add that browser I'll definitely give it a try. I hope this wont take them too long because now I'm actually looking forward to this.

Yup, once I read that my anticipation really took off.

Installing the game will permanently tie the game to your account. It just won't stick around in your library when uninstalled unless you own DLC. To install it again, bookmark a random page and change the URL to steam://install/361640.

Nope (well, not without moving the game's network framework to Steamworks), but even if there were, that ship sailed when the game's shutdown was announced.

Thank you. I thought that it sounded strange for the Steam version to continue working while the other PC version wouldn't. I'll see if I can get clarification about this.

It's a shame that Disney Infinity will be completely unplayable on PC because it's pretty fun and 1.0 look terrible on consoles. Hopefully 2.0 and 3.0 aren't that bad on PS4 but I'm sure that the PC one is the only one that runs at 60FPS so even the PS4 versions can't completely make up for the PC ones disappearing. That's to say nothing of the progress that I'll lose.

Momentary

Banned
The area that we just bought our house at is eligible for some of dat good internet. Crazy seeing 5GB being downloaded in 1:30 on STEAM. I literally could not get on GAF and make this post before Helldivers finished downloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom