• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

tommib

you guys are all so thirsty. I’m just now entering the matrix after cleaning all available side quests.

Reaseru

Finished the game today, and the only trophy left for me is one of the endings.

Such a great game, a solid 9/10, considering it's the first console game developed from a mobile games studio in South Korea. Great job Shift Up...keep it coming.

Last edited:
How many times do I have to beat the dual wielding boss that grew his arm back. He keeps regenerating his entire life bar. I'm getting destroyed over here.

Has anyone figure out the combo bonus damage? When it says "level 2+ combo" does it just mean you hit with at least two combo hits?

The combos are labelled with numbers, but surely this can't mean "all versions of this combo except the first one, which isn't really any different from the rest."

I'm embarrassed to say that I have paused his game for Sand Land over the past four days, so I am not very far in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Synastry

I love the game but I have to say the platforming in this game is horrible 1-10 horrible.

I'm here for 2 hours trying to jump 4 ropes. :messenger_pouting:

Aenima

I love the game but I have to say the platforming in this game is horrible 1-10 horrible.

I saw some reviwers mentioning this as well, but i never had a problem with any of the platforming sections. I nail them all mostly at 1st try. Unless is some section i havent reached yet.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
tommib tommib good lookin out on the side questing hot tip for Eidos 7. Been a breeze 🤘🏼

Cleaned up what I could in the Wasteland beforehand. All that’s left is that passcode quest which I’m assuming involves finding those random prayer books strewn about.

Just got the can alert upgrade for Adam bot too 🙏🏻😎

miklonus

Should I take the plunge and update it? I got the game Sunday, and have yet to download the update. I have to keep the PS5 unplugged and it's not fun being disconnected from the internet. I also bought Tekken 8, I got Street Fighter 6, Akuma is imminent, and being offline with my ether etc cable unplugged is wearing on me.
I want stockingless Eve too but this shit's killing me.

hey guys

I got an "eagle eye" type exospine that upped my ammo from 40 to 45

But right now I don't have it equipped I have protection exospine...but I still have 45 ammo?

Do all the exospines provide some bonuses when not equipped or is it just if you top up your ammo and change exospines it doesn't take away the bonus ammo?

hey guys

I got an "eagle eye" type exospine that upped my ammo from 40 to 45

But right now I don't have it equipped I have protection exospine...but I still have 45 ammo?

Do all the exospines provide some bonuses when not equipped or is it just if you top up your ammo and change exospines it doesn't take away the bonus ammo?
Yeah, you get to keep the bonus ammo until you use it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
14 hours in and still in the wasteland haha. 2 days in a row I’ve played until 2am. Game is good. Bunny suit is good. But my fav is orca exploration suit still!

I need a hint. How do I get the can on top of platform in scrapyard? The turrets either kill me or I am too slow.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Should I take the plunge and update it? I got the game Sunday, and have yet to download the update. I have to keep the PS5 unplugged and it's not fun being disconnected from the internet. I also bought Tekken 8, I got Street Fighter 6, Akuma is imminent, and being offline with my ether etc cable unplugged is wearing on me.

It’s fucking stupid to not update. You miss out on a bunch of great stuff. You really wanna peep an extra texture of skin to “stick it to the man” and then miss out on new game+ and better reaction times? 🤣

Wow what a gamer.

Last edited:
I like the platforming, it's like the old Tomb Raider games. The second track in the desert after a particular mission makes exploration much more enjoyable. I love the music variety. There are tracks with similar vibes as Nier Replicant that combined with others of different styles make it a very special OST. In the train station level, which is full of dangerous enemies and tight jumps, you are listening to some chill piano in the background. That's pretty cool, like the music in the White Palace (Hollow Knight)

What amazes me the most is how many good design decisions are in the game considering it's Shift Up's first. From environmental storytelling (no lengthy cutscenes) to pacing, fun mini-games, clean UI, etc. Compare that to the Ubisoft template with a million icons on screen and exploration for dummies. This one embarrasses a few veteran devs/studios.

Yoshi97

For all who have played it, is this game worth 70 bucks? I played the demo and really liked it but I'm also pretty tight on money right now.

I'd suggest updating & then maybe just using your imagination, but, hell, what do I know?...

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
14 hours in and still in the wasteland haha. 2 days in a row I’ve played until 2am. Game is good. Bunny suit is good. But my fav is orca exploration suit still!

I need a hint. How do I get the can on top of platform in scrapyard? The turrets either kill me or I am too slow.

Thanks for letting me know there’s a can in the scrapyard with turrets 😲

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
AVCxEBP.jpeg
UBRblJA.jpeg
EjJGF5y.jpeg

taylor34

Neo Member
I bought this game and love the gameplay but it's currently unplayable for me due to the sound issues. I tried to play in my home theater but the sound only comes out the rear speakers, there's no voices, and half the sounds are missing. Changing all the settings does not fix the problem, just shifts it around. It's bonked completely. I saw that a bunch of people are having the same issue, I tried their solutions but none of them worked. Guess I have to wait for a patch.

Aenima

You can play the game conected and patched and keep collecting outfits, and then if you want you can delete the game and install it again disconected and you will be able to see all the outfits uncensored.
BTW the chinese dress already has stockings even in the unpatched version.

Last edited:

Three

I bought this game and love the gameplay but it's currently unplayable for me due to the sound issues. I tried to play in my home theater but the sound only comes out the rear speakers, there's no voices, and half the sounds are missing. Changing all the settings does not fix the problem, just shifts it around. It's bonked completely. I saw that a bunch of people are having the same issue, I tried their solutions but none of them worked. Guess I have to wait for a patch.
What's your setup like?

Aenima

Im not seeing the location you mentioning but you need to get the double jump to reach certain crates in the wastelands, you unlock that as you advance in the story.
For the turrets, if its the stationary ones that snipe you, you can shoot them using your "gun". See it thers red barrels near them and shoot the barrels instead.

Last edited:

taylor34

Neo Member
What's your setup like?
7.4.2 Atmos setup. But it doesn't matter what I select (7.1 pcm, 2 speaker, tv, etc) it just causes it to mess up in a different way. Only game I've ever owned that had this problem going back 15 years all the way to the ps2/xbox era. Evidently if I play in Korean it fixes it, lol.

Here's a description of the issue on reddit:

Changing settings doesn't really fix it though in most setups. I don't know how this made it past quality control especially when there was a demo.

tommib

Take the turrets out with slugs. Hide between reloads.

Pimpbaa

You can play the game conected and patched and keep collecting outfits, and then if you want you can delete the game and install it again disconected and you will be able to see all the outfits uncensored.

All the outfits? It’s 2 outfits! There is like 40 outfits in the game if you don’t include the color variations. A lot of work just to see the difference between the 2 outfits and doesn’t make sense since you can see pics and videos of them. They weren’t even the sexiest, all those impossibly skin tight outfits that show Eve’s butt in exquisite detail are far better.

Crayon

For all who have played it, is this game worth 70 bucks? I played the demo and really liked it but I'm also pretty tight on money right now.

Mmmm what's the most recent games you got for $70 that you felt were worth it?

Just gonna plug armored core 6 here... ~$40.

Three

Only game I've ever owned that had this problem going back 15 years all the way to the ps2/xbox era. Evidently if I play in Korean it fixes it, lol.
John from DF was right then, it really is a throwback to the PS2 era. It's strange that Korean works fine. That's with Linear PCM? Could they have maybe used a different bitrate or something for different languages and it's struggling with data throughput on the HDMI cable? I don't know what could be wrong, just spitballing here.

Last edited:

Crayon

I always said the niergames were ps2 games. Like really could have been on ps2 lol. Unvoiced nps that stand in one place. Simple environments. Inconveniences, some intentional. Only thing was the fighting system in n:a was clearly post-bayonetta. It would have seemed like the second coming back then.

SB feels either more like ps3 era to me. The budgets shot up. Qol features became important. That dark souls influence is there.

I totally get what people mean, though.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member

Fromsoft games have 1/10 platforming. This is more like 5/10. It ain't gonna magnetize you to the platform but it can be done fairly well especially with double jump

Yoshi97

Mmmm what's the most recent games you got for $70 that you felt were worth it?

Just gonna plug armored core 6 here... ~$40.
Good question lol. Possibly Totk, definitely picking up paper mario next month. I normally get games from the library, I'll have to try armored core.

Crayon

Good question lol. Possibly Totk, definitely picking up paper mario next month. I normally get games from the library, I'll have to try armored core.

Oh yeah you must have missed some good ones that are $20-$40 mark. Even if you don't get those, SB will be $50 before you know it.

Here's the most similar game that I can think of that in pretty sure is better: Yakuza 0. If you've never played a Yakuza game, it could blow you away. As much as I like this game, I can't see it coming out better than Yakuza 0.

It's a similar composition of game, too. So if I'm in the mood for SB it would be the same mood for Yakuza.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’d say you must really love action games if you buy it. Would you or did you buy DMCV at launch? Yes then it probably is. Armored Core 6 is also great for the boss battles. Lots of cool mechanics and at a reduced price.

GymWolf

Just finished the resident evil section, it was...cute but super duper easy, i don't think i got hit once during the whole thing...

These dudes nailed shooting better than some dedicated tps :lollipop_squinting:

GymWolf

There is a clear path, you just have to stay behind stuff to not get killed, it is not a secret path or something.

Also like someone else said, you can shoot a couple of turrets down.

Last edited:

Yoshi97

Oh yeah you must have missed some good ones that are $20-$40 mark. Even if you don't get those, SB will be $50 before you know it.

Here's the most similar game that I can think of that in pretty sure is better: Yakuza 0. If you've never played a Yakuza game, it could blow you away. As much as I like this game, I can't see it coming out better than Yakuza 0.

It's a similar composition of game, too. So if I'm in the mood for SB it would be the same mood for Yakuza.
Yakuza 0 is on my list of games to play, I believe I have it downloaded on xbox even.

Yoshi97

I’d say you must really love action games if you buy it. Would you or did you buy DMCV at launch? Yes then it probably is. Armored Core 6 is also great for the boss battles. Lots of cool mechanics and at a reduced price.
Action/adventure is probably my favorite genre (used to be 3d platformers but those don't really exist these days). I've played the bayo games and really enjoyed them, haven't played any dmc but I plan on playing through the series eventually. I also played nier automata and absolutely loved it (which seems to have inspired SB pretty heavily).

Action/adventure is probably my favorite genre (used to be 3d platformers but those don't really exist these days). I've played the bayo games and really enjoyed them, haven't played any dmc but I plan on playing through the series eventually. I also played nier automata and absolutely loved it (which seems to have inspired SB pretty heavily).

Nier's influence is mostly aesthetics (environments, music, start of the story) but the game loop is different. There is more exploration and combat is far deeper and unforgiving, you can't play this on "auto". I'm getting obliterated by two bosses cos I haven't learned their patterns yet. There's a good variety of builds and combat mechanics but you have to practice or else big enemies and mobs will mess with you.

Top Bottom