• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

Don't come crying to me 9 months after SFV launches and all of you bite into the hype and buy it and Capcom announces Super Street Fighter V.

You can't say you weren't warned.
9 months of fun and then some meaningful DLC announced? Count me in

Seriously, this argument is getting old. SF revisions are not rip offs, take it or leave it.

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Street Fighter 5 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel Street Fighter 5 for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I'd like to have what he/she's on

This is such great news. Put so many hours into vanilla SFIV. Game was incredible, and I'm beyond sold on its successor. Looking forward to seeing it in action. Hoping for a 2015 release!

So I haven't tested it, but is my joystick for SFIV compatible with PS4? Was going to give Injustice a go this weekend. That's honestly the only way this new game would be on my radar. I'm not buying a new stick and I'm not playing with a standard controller.
PS3 sticks do not work on the PS4...

Tesseract

Banned
Nmsx2Fn.gif

tumblr_mlmn0czycb1qdpbx3o1_250.gif

Majanew

Banned
It is literally night and day between this and the TR thread, wow. Like there was not a single iota of celebration in that thread. Not 1

Maybe more people wanted to play the next Tomb Raider instead of SF? I mean, SF4 had so many damn versions it probably burned some people out.

Hasney

Is this really a big deal? I think SF has become quite niche. Maybe it's just me.

I bought every fighter from last gen and felt foolish because SF4 was all I ended up playing (with a side order of VF5). I think it was easily one of the better selling fighting games so if this is niche, the entire genre is.

Fistwell

Is this really a big deal? I think SF has become quite niche. Maybe it's just me.
Wikipedia said:
Street Fighter IV has sold 3.3 million units.[15] Super Street Fighter IV has sold 1.9 million units,[15] in addition to 1.1 million of the Arcade Edition (full game only).[15] Ultra Street Fighter IV has sold 500,000 copies (Full game only) by September 30, 2014.Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition sold an additional 1.2 million copies.[15] This adds up to sales of 8 million copies in total. Upon its release, the game received universal critical acclaim; receiving universally high scores from many gaming websites and magazines.
4 did pretty OK.

Anyone know the title of the song? I mean, I know its EITS and I'm into a few of their songs and I have a listen of most of their catalog every blue moon or so, but besides two or three, I don't know track names by heart.

FranXico

I have mixed feelings here.

On one hand, I am happy with the SFV reveal by itself.

On the other hand, as someone who games on the PS4, I don't care if the game is exclusive, I would always get it on my system of choice.

Why did Sony spend all that money on this? I would very much have preferred that they had spent a fraction of that money on bringing Wipeout back.

klodeckel

Banned
Where are dem Tomb Raider haters now?

Yes, as I'm only owning an XBO. Yes, I'm mad. Still, I totally know and understand, that's how this business works after all. So I can deal with it.

Nice grab here for Sony.

Usobuko

Banned

Every fighting game bar Mortal Kombat is niche if SF is niche.

And MK is about the same tier with SF sales wise but the latter boast a more vibrant, internationalized competitive scene.

Hotsuma

The main thing that sucks about this, to me anyway, that Street Fighter gets another sequel while Darkstalkers and Rival Schools are still left in the past. Damn....

Not too worried about the exclusivity and console wars stuff, but I would like to see Darkstalkers and Rival Schools come back at some point. Geeze.

Dynomutt

Xbox One got the next-gen Dead Rising so I think it's a good trade off....lol j/k!

In all seriousness I think this might be the start of Japanese studios supporting or working with a primary Japanese console ala PS2 era. Guilty Gear, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Mousou, and now SF5... the list is getting bigger too.

Not a bad thing it'll kind of cool to see Japan studios shine like in their prime and maybe Sony can get back on track.

Great move for Sony as well when it comes to EVO and tourneys, excited to see how this pans out.

From what i can tell the reactions would be very different. Remember the Rise of the TR thread? Yeah..

Tomb Raider is completely different because it's a brand that has been associated with Playstation its entire life.

Also we know that Ono has been vocal about not being able to get the funds to make a next gen fighter from Capcom, this may very well be a Bayo 2 situation because Capcpom gonna Capcpom.

Poona

I hate all the console wars crap, but the positive reaction for this being Playstation exclusive is odd. Even more so when compared to the vitriolic shitstorm that followed the Tomb Raider announcement.

Much of the outrage with Tomb Raider is because Lara has an extensive associated history with playstation and PC. There isn't really an established history for street fighter and Xbox.

Metal B

I feel kind of 'Meh' for the visuals. The game looks like a port/remake of Street Fighter IV. I really wished, they would have be more experimental with the art style.

Let's hope, they put more work into the Single-Players-Modes like many other modern fighting-games and create a smart system to get beginners into the genre. Also no focus on Free-to-Play and On-Disk-DLC ...

2San

The amount of hypocrites in this thread is amazing. MS got so much shit with Titanfall and Tomb Raider and now it's suddenly ok?

People thinking this wouldn't get funded without Sony are straight up delusional.

sobaka770

Banned
Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Street Fighter 5 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel Street Fighter 5 for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Trolling much? :)

duckroll

- Japanese trailer
- No press release yet
- Video pulled because it wasn't supposed to be up yet

Maybe all the console warriors on either side should sit down until there's an official announcement worldwide? Because if you're releasing any game in Japan from now on, you're probably not going to consider Xbox as a viable platform to even market for. :p

Top Bottom