• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

TheHater

Man I was hoping for a current gen Monster Hunter
The amount of hypocrites in this thread is amazing. MS got so much shit with Titanfall and Tomb Raider and now it's suddenly ok?

People thinking this wouldn't get funded without Sony are straight up delusional.
And people that thought that titanfall needed MS funding were also delusional?

Garou

- Japanese trailer
- No press release yet
- Video pulled because it wasn't supposed to be up yet

Maybe all the console warriors on either side should sit down until there's an official announcement worldwide? Because if you're releasing any game in Japan from now on, you're probably not going to consider Xbox as a viable platform to even market for. :p

One might argue that the viablity of Xbone and PC are roughly the same in Japan.

I must watch this trailer!!! I haven't even gotten to play Ultra yet but I'm super hyped for SF5 I just want to see what it looks like. Capcom always has way cool trailer and cool intro startup FMVs for their games.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tis the season to be jolly

ibddGA9BNJR2G.png

Thanks for the socks, Adam Claus. Didn't see those coming.

Really? Street Fighter is not Bayonetta. A sequel inevitable - it's a absolutely huge franchise for Capcom. You've gotta be in some denial to believe this is anything other than a shitty money hat where Sony paid to fuck over Xbone owners. It's possible more evidence will come to light that changes things but right now Sony is in straight up villain mode.

I was so fucking excited for a collaboration between Ono and Japan Studio on something crazy and new. Bullshit.

Someone posted a article about capcom needing funding...

- Japanese trailer
- No press release yet

Maybe all the console warriors on either side should sit down until there's an official announcement worldwide? Because if you're releasing any game in Japan from now on, you're probably not going to consider Xbox as a viable platform to even market for. :p
This post makes too much sense. Lets ignore it

Celine

SF4 sold eight million. If it's niche, everything other than CoD and Minecraft are.
Yours is a misguided argument to gauge SF popularity.

The best selling iteration of SF4 talled 3.3M

SFIV sold 3.3M on PS3 and 360.
SSFIV sold 1.9M on PS3 and 360.
SSFIV3D sold 1.2M on 3DS.
SSFIV AE sold 1.1M on PS3 and 360.

onQ123

I hate all the console wars crap, but the positive reaction for this being Playstation exclusive is odd. Even more so when compared to the vitriolic shitstorm that followed the Tomb Raider announcement.

Even if you own both consoles you would rather have a exclusive built to the PS4 limitations than to have it built to the Xbox One limitations. but if the game isn't pushing the hardware then yeah it's a bad situation for the people who don't own the console that it's exclusive to.

SFV? Niiiiice

I'm glad to see the series continue. Even though I'll get it for PS4 I hope Sony didn't pull a tomb raider on this game and it's coming out for XB1 day one as well.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Street Fighter 5 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel Street Fighter 5 for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Aw, I was gonna post this!

Con_Smith

Banned
Good on Sony. While everyone spent 2014 whining about their lack of titles and ecclusives looks like they were busy setting the bombs for next year.

Reading the angry posts round here is really making my morning tho.

thuway

As a PC owner, the amount of fucks I give that Xbox One doesn't get this, is close to zero.

However, it being a PS4 exclusive, it does help broaden the portfolio and silence the critics.

I'm wondering about the roster now. Ryu and Chun Li are shoe ins but who else will return?

Will Karin finally be in the mix? R. Mika? Sean? Oro?

RE_Player

Yea man, just buy a $600+ PC. Problem solved!

You'd think the more obvious solution would be to 'get a PS4', but either way, the exclusivity hurts a lot of people who would have wanted this.
The PC version will be the superior version. The PC is and will remain the best platform for multiple reasons. At this point every person who plays games and discusses them on this forum should make the investment in PC gaming because in the long run they'll literally save hundreds of not thousands of dollars.

Pooya

Some of you are trying too hard. lol. It's what it is, no need for mental gymnastics to the contrary. PR will do just that whenever they announce it formally.

Keasar

Oh...so no Dragon's Dogma 2 then? :(

Still, interesting with the PC release. Glad to see more coming for it, wish ArcSys could do the same with Guilty Gear Xrd.

- Japanese trailer
- No press release yet

wait this is the Japanese trailer?

LOL then its probably not exclusive. Just exclusive in Japan probably

duckroll

One might argue that the viablity of Xbone and PC are roughly the same in Japan.

The difference is that for a PC release you don't need manufacturing, a retail presence, or any real marketing. You just need it up on Steam for all regions.

JayEH

- Japanese trailer
- No press release yet

Why even mention PC then?

Really? Street Fighter is not Bayonetta. A sequel inevitable - it's a absolutely huge franchise for Capcom. You've gotta be in some denial to believe this is anything other than a shitty money hat where Sony paid to fuck over Xbone owners. It's possible more evidence will come to light that changes things but right now Sony is in straight up villain mode.

I was so fucking excited for a collaboration between Ono and Japan Studio on something crazy and new. Bullshit.

Are you going to ignore the part where Ono flat out said that they didn't have money for it?
As of right now, the situation is either

A. Exclusive to PS4 and PC in Japan.
or.
B. Similar to Bayonetta in that the game wouldn't have happened if someone didn't put up the money.

You need to calm down and wait for the official announcement.

Really? Street Fighter is not Bayonetta. A sequel inevitable - it's a absolutely huge franchise for Capcom.

This just isn't really true anymore.

It is like saying Megaman is a huge franchise for Capcom and how is that working out?

It was pretty clear another fighter wasn't going to be made without some sort of help.

TheHater

Yours is a misguided argument to gauge SF popularity.

The best selling iteration of SF4 talled 3.3M

SFIV sold 3.3M on PS3 and 360.
SSFIV sold 1.9M on PS3 and 360.
SSFIV3D sold 1.2M on 3DS.
SSFIV AE sold 1.1M on PS3 and 360.
Wow. This kinda put things into prospective.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
So that Hadouken cabs thing of last year wasn't that coincidental at all. Reckon they pulled the announcement last year for whatever reason.

Soulflarz

Banned
Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Street Fighter 5 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel Street Fighter 5 for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
This is gonna be a fun weekend

Top Bottom