• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Ame

You can get a throw out of it if you're close enough.

I haven't had too many chances to try anything other than that (I wanted to win). I haven't purchased him yet to go into training with him.

You can get a crush counter off of EX Headbutt.

mbpm1

How punishable is it? Is there frame data?

Crush counter with anything you have. If it hits only once though or max distance it becomes harder to actually punish but you should still be able to hit him with a medium button into a special at least. Test it out in training mode with your character

Mike M

Nick N
Had a really awesome comeback with Necalli where a Ryu had like 80% HP to my 10% and had me stunned and in a corner. He came in to finish me off with what looked like an EX tatsu, but I recovered during the start-up, hit V-Trigger, and EX dp'd him out of it and proceeded to rush him down the rest of the stage with throws and command grabs on every wakeup until I clinched it.

Granted we were both shit players, but I sure looked like I knew what I was doing for a few seconds.

Dubz

SFV won't start for me on Steam. Anyone had this issue and know of a fix?

I verified integrity, and then uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

Edzi

Just in case anyone still thought the Ken Trinity was any good, Mike Ross just beat brentiscool handily on EA, all while Gootecks was in his ear complaining about 8 frames. Mike's Laura is actually getting pretty legit.

Zackat

It's a shame they come back on between rounds, do you basically just have to hold the buttons down after the other person is K.O.d to keep the pieces off?

mbpm1

If there ever is a secondary v-trigger addition for the cast I'd like Juri to get a trigger that gives back all her fireballs and parry at the cost of her new kick moves. It'd be cool to have although not necessary.

Producer

Just in case anyone still thought the Ken Trinity was any good, Mike Ross just beat brentiscool handily on EA, all while Gootecks was in his ear complaining about 8 frames. Mike's Laura is actually getting pretty legit.

the trinity is mad overrated. Momochi, eita, ryan hart true trinity

Tripon

It was never really a trinity. It's the Trinity starring Julio and Chris T, and featuring Brettiscool.

stn

That costume code trick is great, I love that kind of an Easter egg. But how would you select it for the AI and story mode? They need to patch that in.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Chris G with the godlike quote 'The more I know the worse I'm playing'.
Yep...
Screen-Shot-2015-02-14-at-6.08.11-PM.png

Someone finally figured out how to remove items from Necalli and Chun Li's outfits.

hold 3P, LK and Up to activate

The costumes that this work for are:

Chun Li swimsuit - skirt
Laura swimsuit - jersey
Mika swimsuit - hoodie
Karin swimsuit - hat and glasses
Ibuki swimsuit - scarf
Chun Li CPT - boa
Cammy CPT - boa
Necalli CPT - shirt
Time to release swimsuits for the guys now Capcom!

Has anyone tried this with any other premium costumes?

I can share the sentiment, played against a Cammy that DP'd after every normal and spiral arrow, even after block, my brain couldn't comprehend.

Are you the Necalli/Fang player who I faced and left after the 3rd game in Casual? Because that's what I've been doing all day.

Whales

Banned
I can share the sentiment, played against a Cammy that DP'd after every normal and spiral arrow, even after block, my brain couldn't comprehend.

i played against a ryu earlier on that literally mashed the FUCK out of dp at every occasion

whiffed dp? another dp

doing blockstrings on him? NOPE, mash the fuck out of DP

CC him after I catch on his game and he's on the ground? wakeup dp

I do j.hk on him, as soon as I land and press a button DP in my face

fucking annoying

JayEH

Ryus that randomly DP like that are the most frustrating thing. Then they accidentally super as well (you know it isn't on purpose) and goodbye 40% of your health.

remz

I don't mind DP mashers because you can just leave a gap for them to dp thru, block and then get a free CC punish. the ones that came out of nowhere can be pretty frustrating with a bit of online lag in the mix, though.

Neoxon

Fun Fact: The LP+MP+HP+LK input combination for the alternate costume variants is the exact same command that activates X-Factor in the MvC3 games.

mbpm1

I don't want to hear any Cammy players complain after that set.

Okay but did you see how Cammy's spiral arrow was punishable. They should make it not be punishable, that's bs.

Also make throw whiffs only 1 frame of recovery.

For cammy only.

Not anyone else.

Fun Fact: The LP+MP+HP+LK input combination for the alternate costume variants is the exact same command that activates X-Factor in the MvC3 games.
f12f4f21343d8d60be93c8684332c34f70c926ce_full.jpg

I don't want to hear any Cammy players complain after that set.
You know, Necalli has both a command grab and a DP.
Ryu has both a fireball and a DP.
Ken has both a fireball and a DP.

Cammy should get either a fireball or a DP to smooth things out. EDIT: meant to say fireball or a command grab.

Top Bottom