• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadoken

Yeah, they'll probably put the default cursor on 2 of the new characters, like how Juri & Hakan are for Ultra SFIV.

It would kinda make sense if the two new characters are rivals or something. But ehhh its no biggie. Ryu,Ken is just like a nostalgia factor.

ElFly

Urien is a god Bison is a mere imitation. Why look for the perfect body when you already have it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Zangief is all "do you even lift, bro" to Urien.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I've just looked videos up of Zen and I hope that it's the same Dimps character, but in the SF Universe now. I thought his attacks looked pretty damn awesome. That back smash, foot stomp, and eblow rush he has looks pretty dope. People will hate him because of karate gi and spiky hair.

people will hate him because he looks stupid and is white

give me a brown South Asian dude plz

Sesha

I really hope we get a North African or Egyptian newcomer down the line, that and an Oceanic one, since that we're already getting characters from a variety of continents/subcontinents like North America, South America, the Middle-East and South or South East Asia.

I know some people don't like the idea of diversity for the sake of it, but I'm super on board with it. SF4 didn't diversify enough.

She was also teased like a month or two ago on the Street Fighter twitter account right?

edit- https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/633709191341973504

I see it now... she's revealed as the final boss at Capcom Cup as the head of the Illuminati... internet implodes.

Apparently she was designed by Ono as well.

Shadoken

I know some people don't like the idea of Diversity Fighter, but I'm super on board with it. SF4 didn't diversify enough.
]

Me too ... I think SF4 did a much better job than Alpha and 3 in that regard though. France,Mexico,Korea,Turkey.

Its just that the characters themselves were very forgettable.

qcf x2

1 new 2 returning, 16 total characters

Actually more accurately translates to "there will be 16 characters, plus 1 new, 2 returning."

Which is by itself a conflicting statement. Either there are 16 or 19, and Capcom initially told us it was 16, so let's go with that.

Neoxon

Actually more accurately translates to "there will be 16 characters, plus 1 new, 2 returning."

Which is by itself a conflicting statement. Either there are 16 or 19, and Capcom initially told us it was 16, so let's go with that.
That depends on if Laura counts as unrevealed.

Yo who here is actually looking forward to Dhalsim? If you ask me i still think he is not on the initial roster. NYCC is going to be Alex or the real American Champ Guile. I hope it's Guile so far the roster has been very dull and lacking variety. You either playing rushdown or grab character. 1 true charge character and 0 zoners so far....They desperately need guile in here.

Scotia

Banned
Yo who here is actually looking forward to Dhalsim? If you ask me i still think he is not on the initial roster. NYCC is going to be Alex or the real American Champ Guile. I hope it's Guile so far the roster has been very dull and lacking variety. You either playing rushdown or grab character. 1 true charge character and 0 zoners so far....They desperately need guile in here.

I'm going with Guile for NYCC and Zen for the Indian event in November.

Dhalsim would put me in an early grave.

Neoxon

Supposedly someone else translated the tweet as this.
There will be 16 initial playable characters.
Plus 1 new character that it will be the final boss (unplayable).
Plus 2 returning characters as unplayable bosses.
If this is the true translation, then maybe Akuma & Urien are the 2 unplayable veteran bosses, while Eisbahn is the new unplayable final boss.

Lulubop

Yea you were 99 percent sure urien and alex were in! I'm not gonna ask you who you think is in.

Shadoken

So either we are looking at.

Alex - NYCC
Urien - PGS
Zen - PSX? Final boss?

OR its a mistake. Though this would certainly make a more interesting finish to the character reveals.

Neoxon

So either we are looking at.

Alex - NYCC
Urien - PGS
Zen - PSX? Final boss?

OR its a mistake. Though this would certainly make a more interesting finish to the character reveals.
I don't think they're counting Laura as revealed (if you want to go for that interpretation), otherwise we'd have one character too many.

Zen as a boss I can see, Urien as a boss I can see, but Alex as a boss? I dunno about that
Actually, if the translation that I pulled up is correct, the new unplayable boss wouldn't be Zen.

kirblar

Brazil->Laura
NYCC->Guile
India Games Expo-> Zen

seems like our unveil schedule.

Shadoken

If this is the true translation, then maybe Akumal & Urien are the 2 unplayable veteran bosses, while Eisbahn is the new unplayable final boss.

Now THAT would be hype.

Ono in a loin cloth in mexico was an opportunity of a lifetime, and you fucked it up Ono. You fucked it up.

I think he would have work some kinda of weird muscle shirt . Like he did with Hugo.

Pompadour

... I don't think either one of those guys was even aware of Capcom Fighting All-Stars existence.

Yeah, unless Ono was the director on Capcom Fighting All-Stars then the whole Ono creating Ingrid doesn't mean anything.

She was the sole original character (technically) in Capcom Fighting Evolution, however.

Brazil->Laura
NYCC->Guile
India Games Expo-> Zen

seems like our unveil schedule.

Or Brazil -> Laura
NYCC -> Nobody
India Games Expo -> Dhalsim
Somewhere else -> Zen

I'm not exactly buying Zen as Indian quite yet.

Yea you were 99 percent sure urien and alex were in! I'm not gonna ask you who you think is in.

Bro you have no idea how glad i am to be proven wrong. This gives me hope that better characters like Guile will make it in over alex. But It's most likely going be alex I still think. This game needs more grapplers.

kirblar

Or Brazil -> Laura
NYCC -> Nobody
India Games Expo -> Dhalsim
Somewhere else -> Zen

I'm not exactly buying Zen as Indian quite yet.
North Africa, Brazil, India
Rashid, Laura, Zen

Believe in Ken Bogard.
Are we convincing ourselfs guile is in now because we hate sim so much?
No, it's that Bogard's info has been pointing to a new Indian newbie, which would make Guile the obvious NYCC reveal now that Alex doesn't make sense alongside Gief.

Scotia

Banned

If this is the true translation, then maybe Akumal & Urien are the 2 unplayable veteran bosses, while Eisbahn is the new unplayable final boss.

I see Eisbahn as a new character for DLC added on later, like Hakan, Juri ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom