• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.
451077-capcomallstars_jamma_001.jpg

dont bring this up

I'll never get over this game's cancelation even if it was janky as hell. The roster was amazing.

Come back to me D.D.!!!

Yeah, I really loved Senri Kita's designs and artwork for that game... speaking of which- kind of depressing that the artwork for Street Fighter V is the same generic dude from Street Fighter x Tekken rather than Bengus, Akiman, Kinu, Ikeno, or Edayan.

Burning4

Neo Member
People should give up on Alex being revealed. They aren't going to reveal him because he isn't going to be playable at launch. He is probably going to be a boss character. Same goes for Urien.

They even gave us that picture that showed there would be 8 SFII characters, 4 Alpha characters, and another 4 new ones.

Yeah, I really loved Senri Kita's designs and artwork for that game... speaking of which- kind of depressing that the artwork for Street Fighter V is the same generic dude from Street Fighter x Tekken rather than Bengus, Akiman, Kinu, Ikeno, or Edayan.
Senri Kita is one of my absolute favourite artists. So amazing. And now we'll never get direct feed versions of the CFA artwork... ;_;

The art for SFV is a bit underwhelming but thankfully it's still a huge leap above SFIV. Kinu or Edayan would of been incredible though. (I hope Edayan is working on something else right now though. ie. Please make a new Rival Schools.)

Senri Kita is one of my absolute favourite artists. So amazing. And now we'll never get direct feed versions of the CFA artwork... ;_;

The art for SFV is a bit underwhelming but thankfully it's still a huge leap above SFIV. Kinu or Edayan would of been incredible though. (I hope Edayan is working on something else right now though. ie. Please make a new Rival Schools.)

I honestly haven't noticed any art for SFV. All the official character art they've released all just look modified from the in game characters. Even on the select screen when you pick a character the actual model pops up and no art for it. Its honestly kind of sad.

Edayan is still the artist of the Ace Attourney games if I'm not mistaken... think he does some work on Monster Hunter as well. Hell I would have even taken Shinkiro over their current nameless artist.

My hope is one day we'll see Senri Kita's artwork for the final boss of Capcom Fighting All Stars... maybe if a prototype ever makes it out into the wild.

Even on the select screen when you pick a character the actual model pops up and no art for it. Its honestly kind of sad.

Yeah I get that it helps you know which alt costume and color you're selecting... but it just doesn't feel like Street Fighter. :(

Edayan is still the artist of the Ace Attourney games if I'm not mistaken... think he does some work on Monster Hunter as well. Hell I would have even taken Shinkiro over their current nameless artist.

My hope is one day we'll see Senri Kita's artwork for the final boss of Capcom Fighting All Stars... maybe if a prototype ever makes it out into the wild.
Shinkiro is another fav of fine, especially nowadays. (His TvsC and MvsC3 stuff was godly.)

And yeah, it's a shame no artwork of Death is floating around, just a hazy silhouette. I don't even know what he's supposed to have looked like. You'd think someone somewhere would have a copy of this game.

denshuu

That looks fine and all but why take away from one severely underrepresented group in sf to include another underrepresented group? Let latina women have their chance too.

What? He didn't. He made her skin darker. He didn't magically make her Not Brazilian. Light skinned girls are not an "underrepresented group" in videogames. Especially not Street Fighter.

vulva

edit^^^: show me all the tan skinned women in sf then if they're not underrepresented.

Are you saying in Brazil there aren't Latinas there that dark?

No, what kind of dumbass question is that? I'm saying that there's no reason to take away from tan skinned latina women as well. It would be better to want more racially diverse men and women in the game than to just try to diminish the inclusion of one particular racial representation.

It's not dumbass when you just said her being darker takes her way from being Latina. Come on homegirl don't try and play and her being darker or lighter ain't taking away shit.

vulva

It's not dumbass when you just said her being darker takes her way from being Latina. Come on homegirl don't try and play and her being darker or lighter ain't taking away shit.

You're right, she could be completely white and still be latina. Is that an improvement in the same way that making her darker is?

hmmm watching over some old Capcom Fighting All-Stars footage got me thinking- how funny would it be if Ingrid was the final boss of SFV? She is supposed to be some kind of cosmic being right?

SephLuis

Thanks for the answers. I want Capcom to do a All Stars title (Capcom vs Capcom), but I would rather a 2D fighter from them.

EDIT: Lol at the trailer with Biginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom