• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newboi

My personal vote is for Dudley, Urien, Q, and Hugo. However, we will most likely just see the most popular characters from the SF4 series cast with some new additions.

I still feel that the proportions of the characters are still a little too beefy, but at least they aren't as bad as SF4. I really like that Ryu almost directly resembles the original Akiman drawing

Edit: Overall the biggest question to me is what's replacing the focus attack system?

Pompadour

I think Alex was probably the biggest omission from SF4 so I think he was a safe bet.

I think the SF side of the SFxT cast was a solid balance between fan favorites and variety of fighting styles. It's no longer '09 so we don't need to heavily rely on Street Fighter 2 to appeal to people who haven't played a fighting game since the 90's.

I expect the game to drop most of SF2's bad characters and balance them out with more characters from 1/Alpha and 3. I think Viper, Juri, and one other character from 4 has a shot and we'll likely get four brandnew characters again, sans bosses.

ppor

Half old, half new.

Replace Zangief with Haggar

Omega remix some of the returning characters (like Bison with identical moveset from SF2-SF4, compared to the new stuff Chun-Li got over the series)

Bring back this Juri concept (far right)

tumblr_m6ygdupwqE1qfnmveo1_500.jpg

Bring Birdie, R. Mika and Karin from Alpha back.

Bring Alex, Twelve, Urien, Oro and Q back from 3rd Strike.

Bring Doctrine Dark from EX.

Keep the current Ultra SFIV roster.

Make 2 new characters for each revision of the game this gen (assuming 2 revisions).

Make 1 of those new characters Haggar at some point.

After that, it's perfect.

Ikon

Please give us some more 3 and Alpha characters. Top picks would be: Oro, Q, Urien, Alex, Sean, Birdie, Ingrid and Karin. I really like all of the 3 cast but doubt there's a chance for characters like Twelve and Necro to return.

Predictions:
- Original 12 will all be in, plus Cammy and Akuma.
- 2 New characters
- Returning from SF4: Viper, Rufus
- Returning from SF3: Urien, Alex
- Returning from Alpha: Karin, Sakura

DLC/Update #1: Rose, Seth, Abel, Fei Long, SF1 character, Sodom
DLC/Update #2: Makoto, Yun/Yang, Cody
DLC/Update #3: Q, Dudley, Gil, Palette swap angry glowing eyes shoto

oSoLucky

Want: C. Viper, Rose, Juri, Oro, Dudley, Q, Yun, R. Mika, Charlie

Going to get: All Shotos return, with 2 brand new. All the Dolls.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of fighting style do anyone want to see to debut in SFV?
Just get rid of the current Ultra system. They are hard to balance, useless for big parts of the cast and random ones have become almost a running joke by now.

I am looking forward to what happens with the focus system, though. It is quite interesting, but keeping it would make 5 maybe too similar to 4.

edit: I think I read that post wrong, but whatever.

NZerker12

Hopefully these characters

Shin
Akuma
Dan
as Mr. Saikyō
Urien
Gill
Sakura
an adult this time

Kikujiro

I don't think they are going to drop the most popular grappler aka Zangief.

Alex, Karin a Q seem to be good bets since they are three of the most requested characters, I know there'a R. Mika army out there, but I don't think she's that interesting as a character. What I really want to see is more original characters.

Pompadour

Bring Birdie, R. Mika and Karin from Alpha back.

Bring Alex, Twelve, Urien, Oro and Q back from 3rd Strike.

Bring Doctrine Dark from EX.

Keep the current Ultra SFIV roster.

Make 2 new characters for each revision of the game this gen (assuming 2 revisions).

Make 1 of those new characters Haggar at some point.

After that, it's perfect.

Might as well include everyone to grace a Street Fighter at that point.

Moofers

R Mika, Poison, and Skullomania, please. Everyone else has been in so many games I'm pretty indifferent for the most part. I'd really like to see a roster that's like 75% NEW characters.We just had several years of SFIV which had a ton of classic characters, I think SFV needs to have more than just better graphics to stand apart from it.

ppor

What kind of fighting style do anyone want to see to debut in SFV?

Random ideas:

African Dambe boxing (hybrid grappler-kickboxer)
Aikido (good reversals)
Brazilian jiu-jitsu (ground pounce attacks)
Drunken Fist (obligatory comedy character)
Judo (judo-based grappler)
Krav Maga (with really dirty looking attacks)
Yoga (non-stretchy real yoga movesets based on warrior pose, downward facing dog, etc. Sun salutation rekka lol)

I want a lot of the characters that didn't a chance in IV back... Charlie, Birdie, Eagle, Oro, Karin, Alex, Sodom, Urien.

I could live without a lot of the main cast returning (or perhaps left until a later iteration), although I would like to see Rose in from the start.

And lots of new faces are a must.
I'm kinda disappointed by how similar Ryu and Chun-Li look to previous versions.
I'd have liked to have seen them age/evolve.

SaberVulcan

Blanka is my number 1, but I highly doubt he wont come back.

Q, Alex, Cody, and Hakan I would love to see come back. Capcom seems to hate Alex and Q though...

Village

Half old, half new.

Replace Zangief with Haggar

Omega remix some of the returning characters (like Bison with identical moveset from SF2-SF4, compared to the new stuff Chun-Li got over the series)

Bring back this Juri concept (far right)

tumblr_m6ygdupwqE1qfnmveo1_500.jpg

bring middle juri make her a new character

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I'd expect all of the SF2 cast back, don't think you'll ever see them go down the SF3 road again.

Might as well include everyone to grace a Street Fighter at that point.

Why not?

They did that in SFIV, and they apparently are using similar models in SFV.
Lots of characters, lots of play styles, lots of tiers, and the game/engine probably has to last Capcom the entire gen anyway just like SFIV (2008 - present)...so no reason I can think of to scale back. You can get rid of stuff like Decapre, Oni and Evil Ryu if you need to keep the roster down...

Sesha

I love Zangief. He's my favourite SF2 character and one of my favourite characters in games overall. But I don't want him back. Replace him with Alex, Hugo or Haggar pls.

People have gotten used to the SF3 and Alpha cast now. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Rymuth

Mike Haggar
Abigail
Maki
Sodom
Slash
Damnd

I...I may have been on a Final Fight binge this weekend...

kunonabi

Ditch the SFIV newcomers. Abel and Hakan are the only ones worth a damn anyway. Focus on newcomers but bring back Alex and Karin.

Q would be awesome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom