• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

sTrEeTs Of RaGe 4 ~ rAgE iN tHe CaGe

SirTerry-T

The feedback from connecting the punches and kicks feels so good. Games a winner despite the "Shitty Artstyle (TM)" .

(The artstyle is terrific in motion and as part of the whole package, sound and animation, haters be damned to play China Warrior for the rest of their days)

ultrazilla

Congrats to @lizardcube @Dotemu @Guard_Crush on the launch of #StreetsofRage4 Having played the originals back during the Sega Genesis days, I was skeptical anyone could pull it off. My 48 year old hands became young again, taking me back 29 years. Back to the Streets of Rage.
rxuN1QU.gif

cireza

I have played the first couple stages on Xbox.

I really like the game, it feels pretty great. Visuals are nice, soundtrack was good in these two stages.

For now, I only have a few remarks :
- I hate juggles, and this game does not change my feeling, they are totally unnecessary
- no running, slow movement, this is SoR2 alright. Problem is, I love SoR3 and once you get to love this game, it is very difficult to go back to the slowness of SoR2
- characters tend to be stuck a bit too long after their attacks

First impression are very solid overall. If they could offer to toggle off the juggles (and balance the enemies HP without it), it would greatly help as far as I am concerned. I really hope they consider this for a future update.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

NeoGAF, this game is fucking incredible. For Lizardcube, DotEmu and Guard Crush Games to have the balls to even attempt a sequel to this
beloved gaming franchise had to be a daunting, scary journey.

The controls are tight, the graphics are great, the soundtrack is Godly and the game totally nails that classic SOR gameplay we all know and love.

I can confidently say this is will be one of my "Game of the Year" contenders. What a great experience.

Gamernyc78

Banned
NeoGAF, this game is fucking incredible. For Lizardcube, DotEmu and Guard Crush Games to have the balls to even attempt a sequel to this

The controls are tight, the graphics are great, the soundtrack is Godly and the game totally nails that classic SOR gameplay we all know and love.

I can confidently say this is will be one of my "Game of the Year" contenders. What a great experience.

I'm sold!!!! Love me a good side scroller, beatemup. Loved the Streets of Rage series.

Saber

Wow, good to hear bud.

Can't wait to touch this beauty!

Xenon

Ok my thoughts after a few solo plays.

The graphics are so awesome with all the subtle details and effects. They never get in the way.

Axel is slow and crowd control is very strategic. It's too easy to get nailed while stuck in an attack animation. Backfist has been nerfed with very limited range. Fucking knife guys.

Bosses look good but have too many set animation where they don't react to your hits.

Juggles are not obnoxious and I kind of like them. Right now it's more of a random thing but I can definitely see trying to use them to your advantage. It's not like treasure games where you're floating a person a ridiculous amount of time.

The game's difficulty seems to come from a balance of character control and crowd management rather than throwing tons of enemies at you. It seems harder than, at least on the first level, compared to the other teams of the series. As mentioned before this is definitely Streets of Rage 2 in its overall design.

Overall I am impressed and enjoying it

Edit: some attack animations start slow causing frequent enemy hits.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Playing it for free is a crime.
Buy it or die, moda fucka ! :)
Just finished Level 2 and this game is definitely worthy of a buy from what I've played so far! However, have no doubt that they got paid a nice chunk of money to drop it on Game Pass day 1.
---
As for the game, I read that they have sprint and roll for SoR 3 characters, but maybe they will be unlocked later? I hope that's the case. Graphics are actually pretty decent, and the music has a funky techno/house vibe. Lot's of cool little additions like wall bounces. It's really fun so far and gets your adrenaline pumping. I love Beat 'em Ups, almost wish I had an arcade stick for this.

Last edited:

Xenon

Okay the amount of Animation in this game is amazing. Blaze's back throw ends in a roll which can come out of with a kick it just looks great. Same goes for jumping knee kick but she can come out of an attack from everything looks so smooth. Incredible

Last edited:
I got this game through Gamepass on PC, but I can only launch it once. After I downloaded it, started up fine, logged out, and tried to start again, and would not launch. It just hangs on the Streets of Rage 4 logo and screen, then exits. Anybody else has this issue on PC ?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I got this game through Gamepass on PC, but I can only launch it once. After I downloaded it, started up fine, logged out, and tried to start again, and would not launch. It just hangs on the Streets of Rage 4 logo and screen, then exits. Anybody else has this issue on PC ?
The first time I tried to launch it went to the initial loading up screen and crashed out after about 30secs. Next time I launched it, I was switching between programs and it forced focus onto a hidden background window for the "agree to allow sharing of account info" screen Game Pass PC will do for certain games. I clicked 'Allow' and now it works fine each time.

Top Bottom