• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
A few of my Twitch follows have been playing this and their viewer count are some the worse I have seen them get. I canceled my pre-order even though I got a great discount on it as I see it being $20 soon or on GamePass.
I mean, it makes sense with all the massive hate the game is getting. Twitch is an odd place and it doesn't always equate the "success" of a title. Not sure if it really matters, but the game hasn't full launched yet either, only the more expensive deluxe edition is available. That being said LIRIK, and other streamers played together yesterday for a few hours and each stream had 10K+ people. It's just all up in the air.

I wouldn't be surprised if it drops a bit, dunno about the Game Pass part. But it just all depends on how things go.

EDIT: LIRIK's impressions after playing for hours if anyone's curious -

Last edited:

dottme

A few of my Twitch follows have been playing this and their viewer count are some the worse I have seen them get. I canceled my pre-order even though I got a great discount on it as I see it being $20 soon or on GamePass.
They did go with twitch drops to increase the number of viewers. But it doesn’t look enough.
normally, GaaS are doing good on twitch.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I found a moment when it's close to an enemy and it's pretty clear what i mean, look how fucking unnaturaly fast the enemy goes down, almost comically so, and it looks like that a lot when it shots enemies, just super fucking arcadey shooting feeling, i don't like it.

look from 9:10 to 9:20

The game is absolutely arcadey and makes zero bones about it; still though - this guy is STILL in the tutorial section of the game (after an hour somehow) and the video started the autoplay with him frustrated that he didn't "know what to do. . ." in the Extraction mission when Waller explicitly tells him what to do.

This is kind of what I mean with how pointless this game is to discuss with a wider audience: folks are going into the game KNOWING they don't like the game and simply getting it confirmed (when they put zero effort into engaging with the game). Like dude legit quit-out the game because he couldn't spend a few minutes just bouncing around the arena killing fools in increasingly stupid and high risk ways and instead just uses his melee over. . .and over. . .and over again, doing nothing with his traversal abilities (Boomerang has some of the best in the game once you understand what he's doing).

. . .I will say if you find the Deadshot gameplay unengaging (despite, again, this being the tutorial and you not having access to the characters full kit of abilities) then yeah, not for you as DS is about the closest to "looter-shooter" hero you're going to get in the game. Again-again though: playing this as a straight up shooter is 100 percent the wrong way to play the game.

I’m 13 hours in. Only killed one boss. How did IGN beat this in 9 hours? I’m confused. Did they put it on bitch easy mode and skip cut scenes?

Based off trophies I still have 3 bosses to kill minimum.

So I would say another 10+ to go? I also checked side missions for each main character giving them and there’s another 10+ there.

Yeah; I don' THINK I've been farting around with side-missions much and have also been doing the main story, and I'm looking at 8HRS on Steam; haven't faced a Justice League (GL is open).

. . .I can definitely see someone grinding the game in that time on the easiest difficulty where you are unlikely required to engage with any of the combat mechanics (countering, shield stealing, combo generating to rapidly gain traversal attacks, not dying on Hard).

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m 13 hours in. Only killed one boss. How did IGN beat this in 9 hours? I’m confused. Did they put it on bitch easy mode and skip cut scenes?

So I would say another 10+ to go? I also checked side missions for each main character giving them and there’s another 10+ there.

iorek21

Any way to disable auto-equip for legendary items? Got a granade that depletes shields and I just can't destroy it without it being equiped for someone else.

GymWolf

The game is absolutely arcadey and makes zero bones about it; still though - this guy is STILL in the tutorial section of the game (after an hour somehow) and the video started the autoplay with him frustrated that he didn't "know what to do. . ." in the Extraction mission when Waller explicitly tells him what to do.

This is kind of what I mean with how pointless this game is to discuss with a wider audience: folks are going into the game KNOWING they don't like the game and simply getting it confirmed (when they put zero effort into engaging with the game). Like dude legit quit-out the game because he couldn't spend a few minutes just bouncing around the arena killing fools in increasingly stupid and high risk ways and instead just uses his melee over. . .and over. . .and over again, doing nothing with his traversal abilities (Boomerang has some of the best in the game once you understand what he's doing).

. . .I will say if you find the Deadshot gameplay unengaging (despite, again, this being the tutorial and you not having access to the characters full kit of abilities) then yeah, not for you as DS is about the closest to "looter-shooter" hero you're going to get in the game. Again-again though: playing this as a straight up shooter is 100 percent the wrong way to play the game.
Dude i'm literally just talking about the hit reaction, anything else, i know this radbrat dude is an idiot, it was just the first stream i found with some decent footage.

Deadshot looks actually fun with the jetpack.

Can you tell me if traversal has a skill tree or if are already maxed out in terms of traversal at the beginning of the game?

And how are the skill trees in general? just +5 attack etc. or new abilities etc.?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member

I glanced at the video and it honestly just feels like a bait video, at least outside of the obvious visual differences. But like others have mentioned, they were open about wanting Metropolis and Arkham to look very different, along with the look of the game as a whole. Though it takes place in the same universe. I really don't understand comparing Arkham's melee combat to Suicide Squad's, Arkham is a melee focused game through and through, Suicide Squad is the total opposite for the most part, lol.

Yeah no clue. I'm 5 hours in and
I'm a couple of missions after completing the first Poison Ivy stuff mission,
and I'm not taking my time by any means. Or rushing. Kind of just going at a natural standard pace.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Yeah no clue. I'm 5 hours in and
I'm a couple of missions after completing the first Poison Ivy stuff mission,
and I'm not taking my time by any means. Or rushing. Kind of just going at a natural standard pace.
I’m clearing the upgrade missions. Combat and traversal is so fun I want to get those out of the way before continuing the story. Haven’t even killed the first boss yet.

Hot5pur

Looks like the game will be decent and a lot of fun in co-op. I enjoyed Gotham knights so my view is probably unique.
Questions:
- are there mini bosses? Bosses? How many?
- is the upgrade system good?
- is co-op actually co-op or you just do your thing separately but on the same man (ie. No context specific team up interactions)

Will wait for price drop, $70 is steep.

Arsic

Looks like the game will be decent and a lot of fun in co-op. I enjoyed Gotham knights so my view is probably unique.
Questions:
- are there mini bosses? Bosses? How many?
- is the upgrade system good?
- is co-op actually co-op or you just do your thing separately but on the same man (ie. No context specific team up interactions)

Will wait for price drop, $70 is steep.

At least 4 bosses based off the trophy list. No mini bosses but there is harder main enemies like tanks or behemoths.

Upgrade system is well done. Certain tiers make you pick out of 3 options, and each option is geared to a play style. Weapons with unique perks can have a negative and a positive to it causing choice and play style changes. Different elements to infuse gear with that do specific effects like freezing. It’s deep and well done.

I only did one mission co op with a buddy. He came in as his Harley, helped me out, then I had to go. Seemed pretty easy to jump in and play.

GymWolf

Installing as we speak, 6 min to go, cd keys had a 33% discount offer and i love the genre so why the hell not.

Where do i find\equip the classic outifts? i'm not gonna bother with the dlc weapons to not fuck up the balance of the game but i'm curious about the costumes.

Last edited:

Arsic

Installing as we speak, where do i find\equip the classic outifts? i'm not gonna bother with the dlc weapons to not fuck up the balance of the game but i'm curious about the costumes.
Should be available once you get access to the main menu to select “looks.”

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Installing as we speak, 6 min to go, cd keys had a 33% discount offer and i love the genre so why the hell not.

Where do i find\equip the classic outifts? i'm not gonna bother with the dlc weapons to not fuck up the balance of the game but i'm curious about the costumes.
Real curious to know how you feel afterward, so report back!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Dude i'm literally just talking about the hit reaction, anything else, i know this radbrat dude is an idiot, it was just the first stream i found with some decent footage.

I don't know what "hit reaction" is. I'm assuming, based on the name, it is enemy recoil to being shot? If so - there's none of that here that I noticed (the enemy designs are too alien, and there's honestly too much shit going on at once to slow down and notice; at least for me).

Deadshot looks actually fun with the jetpack.

Can you tell me if traversal has a skill tree or if are already maxed out in terms of traversal at the beginning of the game?

And how are the skill trees in general? just +5 attack etc. or new abilities etc.?

Deadshot is clearly the character they designed for players who just want to get in and feel super-villiany. He has the easiest kit by far of all the characters (jetpack is easy to use and understand, and gets sniper assault and I think pistol).

. . .and yes, Traversal has it's own skill tree along with Guns and I guess you could call it Class Identity. And they are a mix of new abilities that you have to unlock, but the majority is focused around interaction with the combo meter that, yes, are +X to damage or reducing damage under specific conditions. I have no idea how the "builds" will feel at endgame, but they seem confident that the mix of abilities on weapons and individual character skill trees will be enough to keep people "refining" their loadout (which you can do at anytime, including in the field). It isn't anything you haven't seen before, but at least it isn't done poorly (in my opinion).

GymWolf

I don't know what "hit reaction" is. I'm assuming, based on the name, it is enemy recoil to being shot? If so - there's none of that here that I noticed (the enemy designs are too alien, and there's honestly too much shit going on at once to slow down and notice; at least for me).

Deadshot is clearly the character they designed for players who just want to get in and feel super-villiany. He has the easiest kit by far of all the characters (jetpack is easy to use and understand, and gets sniper assault and I think pistol).

. . .and yes, Traversal has it's own skill tree along with Guns and I guess you could call it Class Identity. And they are a mix of new abilities that you have to unlock, but the majority is focused around interaction with the combo meter that, yes, are +X to damage or reducing damage under specific conditions. I have no idea how the "builds" will feel at endgame, but they seem confident that the mix of abilities on weapons and individual character skill trees will be enough to keep people "refining" their loadout (which you can do at anytime, including in the field). It isn't anything you haven't seen before, but at least it isn't done poorly (in my opinion).
Just watch the video i posted at the exact moment that i specified, from 9:10 to 9:20, it's all in my previous post.

I specifically chose that moment because it's crystal clear and the dude is super close to the enemy so it's hard to miss.

Look how comically accelerated the enemy go down after being hit, it's literally 10 sec to check.

But it is not important anymore, i bought the game and i'm about to play it, sometimes yt make gunplay looks much worse (and weirdly accelerated) than it really is so i'm counting on that.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Boomerang is the one with the most original traversal system and probably the hardes/most satisfying t to play good/stylish of the bunch, for now i like him the most, i still have to try harley but she looks like we have spiderman at home with a sprinkle of arkham hook pulley thingy.

I don't understand half of the things he says tho (boomer), thicc ass accent :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Arsic

Boomerang is the one with the most original traversal system and probably the hardes/most satisfying t to play good/stylish of the bunch, for now i like him the most, i still have to try harley but she looks like we have spiderman at home with a sprinkle of arkham hook pulley thingy.

I don't understand half of the things he says tho (boomer), thicc ass accent :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Boomer is the best part of this game.

GymWolf

I feel like the traversal button scheme is a bit unusual and take time to be digested, but the feeling of the controls is pretty good.

l1 and r1 for traversal stuff caught me a bit by surprise, also you basically try 4 different traversal methods in like 3 min? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Also, no sprint button and evade on l3? my muscle memory is fucking me up more than the enemies:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

FeralEcho

I like plenty of stuff that people here think is garbage (Callisto, Order1886, Mafia 3)
the bachelor abc GIF

FeralEcho

I feel like the traversal button scheme is a bit unusual and take time to be digested, but the feeling of the controls is pretty good.

l1 and r1 for traversal stuff caught me a bit by surprise, also you basically try 4 different traversal methods in like 3 min? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Also, no sprint button and evade on l3? my muscle memory is fucking me up more than the enemies:lollipop_grinning_sweat:
You got the game man? Bit of a request here but could you pm me your thoughts on the game once you finish it and If it's worth buying,we seem to have similar opinions on things from what i've seen so I'll base my purchase on your thoughts on it.

GymWolf

You got the game man? Bit of a request here but could you pm me your thoughts on the game once you finish it and If it's worth buying,we seem to have similar opinions on things from what i've seen so I'll base my purchase on your thoughts on it.
I think i'm gonna post impressions in the topic aswell but i don't like to have that responsability, read other impressions aswell.

I think that if you like infamous and sunset overdrive and looter shooters there is a probability of 98% that you are gonna like the game.

The biggest offender i can see in the near future is the enemy design being very uninspired and dull (but if the variety is good i can close an eye) and everything regarding mission design beside the main campaign being too much gaas-y to handle for more than 10-15 hours.

Last edited:
Are my impressions correct in that there seems to be a serious lack of enemy variety in this game? I was starting to come around a little, thinking the shooting looks fun and the graphics could be good ..."maybe this being Rocksteady it'll be good after all" but I'm back to loathing it and everything it stands for today lol. Seeing all that virtual currency on PSN has brought me back to reality.

No enemy variety. Requires Online connection (this needs to fucking die). Short campaign. Is there any variety to the mission structure or is it just wave after wave? What's there that will give this longevity?

Why don't these companies at least guarantee customers that if their always online game fails, that they will allow us to play the single player content OFFLINE? Is that too much to ask these days?!

GymWolf

Are my impressions correct in that there seems to be a serious lack of enemy variety in this game? I was starting to come around a little, thinking the shooting looks fun and the graphics could be good ..."maybe this being Rocksteady it'll be good after all" but I'm back to loathing it and everything it stands for today lol. Seeing all that virtual currency on PSN has brought me back to reality.

No enemy variety. Requires Online connection (this needs to fucking die). Short campaign. Is there any variety to the mission structure or is it just wave after wave? What's there that will give this longevity?

Why don't these companies at least guarantee customers that if their always online game fails, that they will allow us to play the single player content OFFLINE? Is that too much to ask these days?!
I haven't played enough to answer but it would be suicidal (pun intended) to have a gaas that you are supposed to play for hundreds (thousands?) of hours with dogshit enemy variety so i hope for the best.

Last edited:

Freeman76

There are a few vids on youtube showing how dialled in the quests/enemy variety is. Its literally braindead missions with the same 5 enemies and a variation of 3 or so objectives. It's quite similar to The Avengers game from what I could muster up the effort to play, my son has got quite far in the story though and it doesnt change much, if at all. Unless the endgame is some amazing shit this game is a mindless cash in and really not worth your time or money. The gameworld is pretty well done but unless you buy games to enjoy the artwork, or are seriously bored this is one to avoid until it inevitably drops to £10 for a few hours of mindless villain bashing.

Arsic

There’s enemy variety and modifiers they have in some missions for specific ways to damage them or else they take no damage.

Tanks
Helicopters
Grunts
Little terimonaut dudes
Snipers
Behemoths
Bigger dudes than them
Armored guys
Charging leaping guys who need to be counter hit

Just a few I can think of.

I’ve had missions where you can only damage with grenades. Makes it hard cuz you gotta fight monsters without being able to heal yourself for shield shatters since you need to nade them. Plus you have only a few nades then you gotta force them to drop via combo meter use and knocking them up etc.

I agree though that without knowing how end game actually plays that this could just be a finish the single player and never touch it again except seasonal story content.

Strategize

The amount of horrifically bad faith takes I'm seeing surrounding this game is making me want to support it. It's just one big dogpile.

The game looks fun and fine, it's not another Arkham nor is it trying to be. Now my only question is does buying the game off CD keys help support the devs?

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
The amount of horrifically bad faith takes I'm seeing surrounding this game is making me want to support it. It's just one big dogpile.

The game looks fun and fine, it's not another Arkham nor is it trying to be. Now my only question is does buying the game off CD keys help support the devs?

Didn't they try selling this game saying "from the same creators of Arkhan series"? Didn't they also stated this game still an "Arkhan game at its core"? Lol
Hey you can support this game for whatever silly reason, I don't think theres a rule saying you can't.

Strategize

Didn't they try selling this game saying "from the same creators of Arkhan series"? Didn't they also stated this game still an "Arkhan game at its core"? Lol
Hey you can support this game for whatever silly reason, I don't think theres a rule saying you can't.
I'm talking about in a gameplay sense, they're nothing alike. How well or not the game connects to the Arkham universe is irrelevant to me.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm talking about in a gameplay sense, they're nothing alike. How well or not the game connects to the Arkham universe is irrelevant to me.

Nah...I think they were talking about the game as a whole, which includes gameplay. But it's not like they weren't lying with that one to catch a few nickels here and there. But hey, each with their own. Go for it, nothing against.

Js562

What series is that lol

Baki

People hated the game before they had a chance to play it.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
People hated the game before they had a chance to play it.

Yes. Because it’s a GaaS. It’s perfectly okay to hate on a game that represents everything that’s terrible about the games industry. It’s also perfectly okay to hate on a game that took one of the best developers in the games industry, and turned it into a microtransaction machine.

The fact so many people support this shit… and still complain about modern gaming is pathetic.

Last edited:

Ristifer

For those who have played it, how are the actual characterizations? I’m not really a fan of these characters, but Rocksteady has always had a knack for terrific characterizations, both for heroes and villains.

Arsic

For those who have played it, how are the actual characterizations? I’m not really a fan of these characters, but Rocksteady has always had a knack for terrific characterizations, both for heroes and villains.
Boomerang is a riot.

Harley is harley.

King Shark has his moments.

Deadshot does nothing for me so far at all.

All heroes are well done.

Top Bottom