• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
There’s no 30fps option. It’s just 60. No idea on resolution but it’s 60 on both the Series X and S.
I swear I read this was 4k 60fps on ps5 from official rocksteady stuff a while back, but if I had to guess it’s 1440p upscaled to 4k.

It’s a damn good looking game.

Sleepwalker

I am picking it up to have something to play with the wife.

I dont suppose theres any deals? Will be on either the 2 consoles or 1 console + pc... whatever I can do cheaper lol.

Is this 60fps on consoles?

Freeman76

You paid for early access?
Why would I support this kind of cash in? My son bought it with his Xmas money as he loves DC, he is 9 and we were both saying what a shame it is that Rocksteady went from the Arkham games to this. No matter how bad a game is OTs are always filled with ppl who think "omg its goty" after 10 mins of playing. Its a case of a talented company owned and controlled by ppl that wanted to use an established ip to drain your wallet, aiming at the BP generation of mobile gamers. Ppl can buy and enjoy what they want and good for them, but I wont support this. No wonder Sefton left

sendit

Why would I support this kind of cash in? My son bought it with his Xmas money as he loves DC, he is 9 and we were both saying what a shame it is that Rocksteady went from the Arkham games to this. No matter how bad a game is OTs are always filled with ppl who think "omg its goty" after 10 mins of playing. Its a case of a talented company owned and controlled by ppl that wanted to use an established ip to drain your wallet, aiming at the BP generation of mobile gamers. Ppl can buy and enjoy what they want and good for them, but I wont support this. No wonder Sefton left
You had a productive conversation with your 9 year old son about how Rocksteady can go from Arkham to this? Curious on how you discussed gameplay design, as Arkham almost predates your kids age.

FeralEcho

You had a productive conversation with your 9 year old son about how Rocksteady can go from Arkham to this? Curious on how you discussed gameplay design, as Arkham almost predates your kids age.
Cmon man,no need to be daft, there's a clear difference in tone and style between the two that's apparent to everyone but the most diehard defenders...So yes a 9 year old would be able to see the tonal shift.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Cmon man,no need to be daft, there's a clear difference in tone and style between the two that's apparent to everyone but the most diehard defenders...So yes a 9 year old would be able to see the tonal shift.
giphy.gif

sendit

I mean yeah. Two different games with two different design choices and goals. It's not an Arkham game. Why would you compare the two regardless if its the same developer? I would get the outrage if they called this game Arkham Knight 2.

Last edited:

Freeman76

100%, die hard defenders just dont look at both sides of anything usually, and therefore I cant take them seriously. Its either agree with them or they find a way to try and attack your view, no matter how ludicrous their point is. Gamings version of flat earthers imo

xrnzaaas

This is how it should be on Consoles. 60 FPS, don’t give the user a choice to play at a compromised 30 FPS option.
Having an option is always nice, even if it's to switch to quality mode for a sec to get a better looking screenshot. The only thing that should be monitored is that people playing online within the same group have the same fps count.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I swear I read this was 4k 60fps on ps5 from official rocksteady stuff a while back, but if I had to guess it’s 1440p upscaled to 4k.

It’s a damn good looking game.

More complex open city than Gotham Knights, vastly better character models, a lot more going on screen, and it's 60 where GK was 30 on consoles.

I played it a few hours last night and really liked it, overall. Biggest plus so far is the art style, I think (art deco Metropolis is awesome). I like the shooting (the sounds of the shots hitting in particular) and the combat loop has a lot of potential, although (as I feared from watching gameplay footage) you can lose shields very quickly and the recharge mechanic isn't exactly reliable when you're under duress. The writing is good so far, too, at least by video game standards. The only real negative so far is the way they handled the story for post-Arkham Knight Batman (I found it preachy and condescending). Also, I do fear that at some point there's going to be a difficulty spike (this was my complaint about Avengers, sometimes it felt like you were made of Kleenex), but we'll see.

Looking forward to continuing it. If the post-story stuff is something like "run Destiny strikes," I can see this becoming a podcast game for a long while.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yep. Remember when people were defending $70 games, saying that it would reduce the MTX and battle passes since they would make the money off the higher priced games? All of this GAAS crap will continue to infiltrate all full priced $70 games. It's BS.

People can defend this game until the cows come home, but there is no justification for charging extra money for content in a $70 dollar game. None. It can get fucked, along with anyone defending it. Absolute fucking poison for the games industry.

Kindela

Banned
This game looks dreadfully soulless and fun at the same time. Do we know when is the offline mode coming out?

EDIT: Ok, I see that PS plus is only required for actual multiplayer, that makes sense. On to the wishlist you go.

Last edited:

Ogbert

It’s actually legit crazy to watch this with the realisation that these two games are almost a decade apart. Imagine what we could have right now if we didn’t accept such money grabbing mediocrity?

And people actually gave them EXTRA money to play this crap early is shameful
30fps would have happened.

Bojji

Gold Member
That is a gigantic downgrade. Not only graphics, but also gameplay and art style.
An impressive show of how much talent Rocksteady used to have. And how much talent they lost in a decade.

Wow...if you told me these were reversed in release date I'd absolutely believe you.

It honestly baffles me how a nine year development process leads to this.

It’s actually legit crazy to watch this with the realisation that these two games are almost a decade apart. Imagine what we could have right now if we didn’t accept such money grabbing mediocrity?

And people actually gave them EXTRA money to play this crap early is shameful

They really outdid themselves with AK and made ue3 their bitch. This game in 4k still looks better than most current gen release. But I can't comprehend why there is no advancement on hardware that has 6x times more GPU power, 2x ram and ~4x cpu power. You lose a lot to higher resolution and 60fps but game should AT LEAST look on par.

Last edited:

winjer

They really outdid themselves with AK and made ue3 their bitch. This game in 4k still looks better than most current gen release. But I can't comprehend why there is no advancement on hardware that has 8x times more GPU power, 2x ram and ~4x cpu power. You lose a lot to higher resolution and 60fps but game should AT LEAST look on par.

One simple answer: Talent. Or lack thereof.

Freeman76

People can defend this game until the cows come home, but there is no justification for charging extra money for content in a $70 dollar game. None. It can get fucked, along with anyone defending it. Absolute fucking poison for the games industry.
100%

People buying this are contributing to the popularity of this model and the downfall of gaming, and in the end the only people who lose are the consumers.

I just hope developers like From Software carry on doing it right, to combat this bullshit. The gaming world is fucked, I mean the game last year that copped the most flack was Hogwarts, an incredible game that shipped complete, no season pass, no MTX crap, and didnt even get a GOTY spot. On top of that, its owned by WB so ppl cant even defend this shit pulled by Rocksteady and say it was all WBs decision.

Still, all most people want is the newest thing out, so they can gush on a message board about how AMAZING it is, then a week later forget all about it and move onto the next fix for the addiction. These companies know how it works, and it wont change so as I said, we got to hope the devs who hold some respect for their customers keep making games and not trying to squeeze every penny they can on top of an already full priced game

Wizz-Art

I managed to snag a Xbox key for €28.85 which is a price point I'm comfortable with. I happened to really like Crackdown 3, Sunset Overdrive and Agents of Mayhem to which people here are comparing this game. It's the vanilla edition so just have to wait till the 2nd before I can try.

Ogbert

People buying this are contributing to the popularity of this model and the downfall of gaming, and in the end the only people who lose are the consumers.
This game will flop.

What’s contributing to the downfall of gaming is people *not* buying good games rather than people buying bad ones.

Prince of Persia has flopped. Whose fault is that?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

This would be less dishonest if it were actually showing content from more than 15 minutes or so in the game. Hell the first bit with Harley is literally from the tutorial.

I get it, people don't like live-service, they love Batman, "Why can't we have Arkham 4: Electric Buggaloo" - all these complaints would land a lot harder if folks didn't go out of their way to hyperbolize their critiques. Like this video has the same energy of the chick spamming one attack in Hogwarts and calling it a day (I forget the context; it was a Twitter post or something).

. . .but it's the internet so, it is what it is.

//DEVIL//

That is a gigantic downgrade. Not only graphics, but also gameplay and art style.
An impressive show of how much talent Rocksteady used to have. And how much talent they lost in a decade.
This is what happened when you force unqualified people to work for a team for the sake wokness and diversity and purple haired twitter keyboard warriors that dont do their job but fight in twitter about rights.

Senior talented people will give them the finger and leave the shit management to struggle.

When I am talented in something, you bet your ass I won't stick around with a team that will drag me down specially when you try to force me to work with them for sake of wokness crap. Lol you can fuck off.

This is what is happening. This is why so many small teams now creating amazing games . Talented people they will form their own dev company and start again. Not a single fuck is given.

While companies like Sony and MS are like idiots they buy the a company because it has has IPs but forget the most important thing ... The talent will leave when you act like shit.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
This game will flop.

What’s contributing to the downfall of gaming is people *not* buying good games rather than people buying bad ones.

Prince of Persia has flopped. Whose fault is that?

Ubisoft's for the absurd asking price

Only Nintendo can get away with charging $50-60 bucks for a 2D Metroid

Thanks,will try it out,I did enjoy the demo alot,and I expect the story to be dogshit but I ain't buying it for the story anyway but from the videos I saw when it released it looked like a "bad writting thats funny" not "bad writting that's annoying" so we'll see.That was kinda what I was hoping with Suicide Squad after reading the story leaks,a so bad is good kinda thing lo

100%

I just hope developers like From Software carry on doing it right, to combat this bullshit. The gaming world is fucked, I mean the game last year that copped the most flack was Hogwarts, an incredible game that shipped complete, no season pass, no MTX crap, and didnt even get a GOTY spot. On top of that, its owned by WB so ppl cant even defend this shit pulled by Rocksteady and say it was all WBs decision.

Still, all most people want is the newest thing out, so they can gush on a message board about how AMAZING it is, then a week later forget all about it and move onto the next fix for the addiction. These companies know how it works, and it wont change so as I said, we got to hope the devs who hold some respect for their customers keep making games and not trying to squeeze every penny they can on top of an already full priced game
To be fair, this won't be the downfall of gaming; it'll be the downfall of YOUR gaming. If I don't like a game, I skip it; I don't go on a rant about why gaming sucks now, etc. Relax, play the games you like, skip the ones you don't. You aren't living in your world only; there's going to be games other people like that you don't, whether you agree with it or not.

SJRB

Gold Member
This would be less dishonest if it were actually showing content from more than 15 minutes or so in the game. Hell the first bit with Harley is literally from the tutorial.

I get it, people don't like live-service, they love Batman, "Why can't we have Arkham 4: Electric Buggaloo" - all these complaints would land a lot harder if folks didn't go out of their way to hyperbolize their critiques. Like this video has the same energy of the chick spamming one attack in Hogwarts and calling it a day (I forget the context; it was a Twitter post or something).

. . .but it's the internet so, it is what it is.

Because the graphics, lighting, textures or her character model get better after the tutorial?

Top Bottom