• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neptunia the animation - 09

Hyperdimension%20Neptunia%20The%20Animation%20-%2009.jpg

Well i don't mind being bullied , that way at least.

So let me get this straight they forshadowed this turn of events since episode 1 and the fan service episode was in fact a giant ruse by the main antagonist and was part of the plot all along ?

Will we finally have adult products on playstation , Wii & xbox ?
Stay tuned for next episode !

Gintama Episode 18 – Oh, Yeah! Our Crib Is Number One!

Pretty awful with the nekkid loincloth panty theif of sorts. Just couldnt get into the episode at all though
Odd Jobs and Shinsengumi collaborating was worthwhile and funny

Syrinx

Heaven's Lost Property 3

What's Ikaros' deal with that watermelon? Does it remind her of Tomoki or something? But lol at the end scene with the toilet seat. And Sugata is awesome, and so is the Student Council Secretary, whose name escapes me.

When's that blue-haired girl from the OP gonna show up?

Heaven's Lost Property 3

What's Ikaros' deal with that watermelon? Does it remind her of Tomoki or something? But lol at the end scene with the toilet seat. And Sugata is awesome, and so is the Student Council Secretary, whose name escapes me.

Some time around the halfway point. Nymph's got the best butt and hips in the show so she's the best girl.

Danganronpa The Animation Episode 10: Dash Towards the Youthful Junk Food of Despair: (Not) Normal Arc
tumblr_msqi81dNUc1rydwbvo1_500.gif

Gross.
Thank goodness the death wasnt actually any of the ones remaining. Was almost worried there that Naegs and even Kirigiri san would have got the boot from this.
Really the most compelling episode thus far if only for being on the brink of a reveal I think.
so close even with the two keys and finally being in the video recording room. Thought itd be something else than a survival tv show but stuff still seems to be hidden.
Looking forward to next week.

The Eccentric Family - 1

I'm going to start this off by saying I am extremely :dtl for Yasaburo.

Now that that's out of the way, I'll say that I'm certainly intrigued. I like the art direction and character designs a lot. Obviously, I don't know much about the story, but it seems like it has potential.

I don't really have much else to say, partly because I always seem to have trouble forming much of an opinion of a series just from its first episode, and partly because I'm feeling unusually tired for 10:00.

Minami-ke 3

I just don't understand why you would use these distorted backgrounds with their sort-of-but-not-really fish eye technique, as establishing shots, let alone draw them in the first place. Why go to the effort of these crude mutations which work against the purpose the art is supposed to serve?

Anyway, some of the humor in this episode was reminiscent of Nichijou, particularly the extended reaction gags. I'm glad to see that, even if Kana's behavior is illogical by normal human standards, there's a twisted logic going on in her mind that motivates it. It's more amusing than acting out of pure randomness would be.

cajunator

Banned
Heaven's Lost Property 3

Nymph is worth the wait.

wonzo

Banned
Isn't SnO the dumb harem manga that went all edgy in the past few chapters?

recorder and paedophiles mi 9

recordermi9.jpg

he doesn't really look like a child at all but smh none the less

To aru majustu no Index Movie 1

This was good stuff ...plot was simple enough that even someone who dislike index theme might enjoy it ... and the movie was FILLED with cameos of all sorts ..

But the real forte of this movie was the goddam animation it was extremely well done..

So this is what they can do if they have money .... On teh animation part this was quite impressive , even if you dislike CG.

ON the cameo side they crammed almost everything they could but the result wasn't bad ..i would have liked slightly more action but the amount i got was great

If anything this movie made me more hyped for INDEX S3.... going back to railgun S2 animation will be hard ..this is like night and day.

Isn't SnO the dumb harem manga that went all edgy in the past few chapters?

Yeah, I mean it has this weird harem antics, then sudden drama and action, then back to harem antics like nothing happened. So being all edgy isn't completely new to it.

Caesnd

Minami-ke 3I just don't understand why you would use these distorted backgrounds with their sort-of-but-not-really fish eye technique, as establishing shots, let alone draw them in the first place. Why go to the effort of these crude mutations which work against the purpose the art is supposed to serve?

It's much easier establishing things in an exaggerated perspective as opposed to a realistic one, since the distortion usually helps in hiding drawing mistakes and errors (vanishing points, horizon line, and objects measured from those not aligning etc).

Also, interesting composition is most easily established by adding contrasting elements. Distorted perspective is one way in making otherwise more mundane settings appear more interesting than they would otherwise be perceived (whether those shots you posted are successful at this is another matter, of course).

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 35

Venus and Zoicite struck a deal to protect their masters

Mamories Chiba saved Mio
who is just Queen Beryl's shadow, no wonder
and Minako took Usagi out for a date because she was bored
to wipe her mind of Endymion but upon hearing her sing c'est la vie, and forgetting the words, she stops

Fight sequence was much better that the one a few episodes ago, where they might as been under the influence with it. Venus gave Sailor Moon Minako tickets, in which she still didn't realize Minako was Venus until Mamoru explained it to her (hell, he knew since the Sailor V days, what a boss). So they happily go to the live concert after all
then Minako collapsed on stage due to her condition.

Next time, the point that Hitokage wants me to be at.

789shadow

Banned
Gatchaman Crowds

That Gatchaman tune is catchy as fuck.

That green haired girl needs to put on some clothes.

Please note I've never even heard of Gatchaman before this.

It's much easier establishing things in an exaggerated perspective as opposed to a realistic one, since the distortion usually helps in hiding drawing mistakes and errors (vanishing points, horizon line, and objects measured from those not aligning etc).

I see what you're saying about hiding mistakes; I frequently see distorted perspectives in low-quality productions. Their very artistic purposelessness makes the poor art stand out ever the more strongly to me though. It's easy to distinguish between an incompetent artist and one using genuine stylization. Note the inconsistent curvature of the gate and the school in the first background, for instance.

Also, interesting composition is most easily established by adding contrasting elements. Distorted perspective is one way in making otherwise more mundane settings appear more interesting than they would otherwise be perceived (whether those shots you posted are successful at this is another matter, of course).

Certainly, but departures from the norm should be used with a clear purpose. Especially when you're dealing with establishing shots, whose purpose is to say "Now we're at the school" or "This next scene will be in the Minami's apartment", you shouldn't get particularly crazy. The more unusual the art is, the more difficult it becomes for the viewer to make that recognition of the setting. Especially if it's inconsistent with the way that setting has been portrayed in the past.

Jarmel

Banned
Kill La Kill Main Casting:

Ryūko Matoi: Ami Koshimizu (Kallen from Code Geass or Anemone from Eureka 7)
chara01.jpg

Satsuki Kiryūin: Ryoka Yuzuki (Ino from Naruto)
chara02.jpg

Senketsu/Uniform: Toshihiko Seki (Duo from Gundam Wing)
ibg81RUhkBHdRU.jpg

Mako: Aya Suzaki (Tamako from Tamako's Market)
chara07.jpg

Aikurou: Shinichiro Miki (Mustang from Brotherhood)
chara08.jpg

Uzu: Hiyama Nobuyuki (Viral from TTGL)
chara03.jpg

Gamagori: Tetsu Inada (Manabu from Nichijou)
chara05.jpg

Houka: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Yajirō Shimogamo from Eccentric Family or Kimblee from Brotherhood)
chara04.jpg

Nonon: Mayumi Shintani (Haruko from FLCL)
chara06.jpg

Also looks like Hiroyuki Sawano (Shingeki no Kyojin and Guilty Crown) is doing the music but I need further confirmation. Sigh.

cajunator

Banned
Kill La Kill Main Casting:

Ami Koshimizu: Ryūko Matoi
Ryoka Yuzuki: Satsuki Kiryūin

Senketsu: Toshihiko Seki
Mako: Aya Suzaki
chara07.jpg

Aikurou: Shinichiro Miki
chara08.jpg

Uzu: Hiyama Nobuyuki
chara03.jpg

Gamagori: Inada Toru
chara05.jpg

Houka: Hiroyuki Yoshino
chara04.jpg

Nonon: Mayumi Shintani
chara06.jpg

Also looks like Sawano is doing the music but I need further confirmation. Sigh.

I dont recognize any of these names.

Quasar

If anything this movie made me more hyped for INDEX S3.... going back to railgun S2 animation will be hard ..this is like night and day.

So does this follow on from Index S2, or is it some retread for folks who haven't watched the show/read the manga?

Gatchaman Crowds

That Gatchaman tune is catchy as fuck.

That green haired girl needs to put on some clothes.

Please note I've never even heard of Gatchaman before this.

As far as I can tell, it has absolutely nothing to do with the original franchise other than the name, the fact that it has superheroes, and the fact that it's made by Tatsunoko.

I haven't gotten around to starting it yet, so I might be wrong.

wonzo

Banned
Love Lab 10

lovelab10.jpg

The format of this episode felt like something out of a 4koma for a good chunk of it but it was still incredibly entertaining to watch, especially the flashback with Suzu. Now let's just hope they don't fuck up the ending.

So does this follow on from Index S2, or is it some retread for folks who haven't watched the show/read the manga?
The movie assume youve seen indexS2 and railgun S1 and makes no attempt at all to explain the setting.

Its a new story and its cannon since it was written by the index author.
It has good fights animation and retarded index logic

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 36

Do you know why Minako has 3 syllables in her name?
Because she has about 3 months to live ._.

Usagi and Mamori go on a date, and she gets a present, although she has trouble calling him by his name until the end of the episode
because Beryl is throwing a hissy fit

Nephrite was always a little bitch
and he died like one too.

Mamoru goes to Beryl in order to spare the rest of the Shitennou but promises Usagi he'll be back.

Speaking of which, that transformation. Usagi was styling and profiling, giving little fucks what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom