• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So the problem is you came in looking for Jem and the Holograms? K-On! doesn't even advertise itself to be a show about music. Its about a bunch of girls ostensibly in a music club sitting around drinking tea and eating cake. That's the point.

Yea, okay, I am done with this conversation.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Peolpe not knowing what ftaghn is smh

Majestic Prince 22

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

I was on the edge of my seat shaking with excitement. The first episode of this final battle has been worth all the build up to it. Anyone who quit this show after the first few awkward comedy episodes with the fail five need to give it a second chance. I don't think I've ever seen cg mechs look this good in action.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
felix is the new kayos

oh boy

Cajun is already in like 1 out of every 10 posts, we don't need him in the thread title too! My only complaint.

Title is a placeholder until someone can come up with a better one.

I was only stating the obvious! (It's actually more like 8% :p)

I had like five made I really liked from an old thread but they were all shade on a thread that come and gone honestly so I was lost

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
OT title a Nyaruko-san reference?

smh

1349739513948qduby.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu/Stella Women’s Academy Episode 10: Well now, Stella continues to surprise and delight, which is shocking considering how piss weak this show started, but has sine metamorphosed unto one of the seasonal highlights. Mainly because this show decided to have actual characters and drama and overall ditch the shitty K-On! fluff.
I also get to say I fucking told you so, I told you all that Stella wasn't playing by the cliche book as it turns out the New Airsoft Order isn't actually evil. They have much different ethos then Stella, but that isn't presented as a bad thing and indeed while Rin is a cold bitch full stop, she still understands things such as honor and fair play and the importance of the team. Indeed we are shown definitively that it is Yura alone who walks the path of darkness and indeed how acrid her zealotry has truly gotten. We see Yura put herself and her desires of individual victory ahead of any team dynamics and I am also going to called out Rin here since her subtle, cold fish approach did nothing but exacerbate the situation though her The Reason You Suck speech was much appreciated. Indeed, I think my favorite chracter moment in this episode is when Rento shows up to try and get Yura back on the team and they show the absolute hell Yura has put herself through in order to perfect her skills. The end result of all of this is Yura is forcefully ejected from Meisei and now she is truly surrounded by the darkness, alone, afraid, and very resentful towards those she idolized. I do hope she doesn't have access to any real guns or this might get messy. Indeed this still might get messy since I think the reality warping powers are being made manifest once again. Things end as we see Sonora is apparently preparing for another stint of international travel while viewing the grim features of Dark Yura back on campus.

Jintor

A Letter to Momo

Wow. Wow. I am amazed. An absolutely gorgeous piece of cinematic animation, one that perfectly balances comedy and emotional drama, the supernatural and the very down to earth. Even the occasional piece of noticeably CG animation wasn't that bad.

Please, watch this film.

Oddly enough I thought the artstyle was reminiscent of Dennou Coil at times but I guess it has no relation.

Gurren Lagann 24

Oh man, sooooooooo much shit going down right now. Holy shit.

Such an episode that I didn't think this series could do.

All them deaths man. Didn't think the show had it in it to kill off more than one protagonist in one episode.

Syrinx

Such an episode that I didn't think this series could do.

All them deaths man. Didn't think the show had it in it to kill off more than one protagonist in one episode.

This is the same show that
killed off it's most popular and most iconic character in like the eighth episode.
This show has some fucking stones.

Brother's Conflict 10
tumblr_msog2apT5O1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_msog2apT5O1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Cant believe its already winding down. I think this will stay in the spot of not buying when it releases but I may watch the dub assuming Funi dubs and releases it. I just want to hear Futo and Yusuke's voice as their my favorite and make the most exciting moments in the anime. Yusuke is the only one that can say something kind of negative but look really amazing saying it, I want to go to the same college too.
Futo getting hot and bothered there was pretty funny and then turning on the ac even.

So all I've got left to do is catch up on Silver Spoon and I'll be back up to speed on all the anime series I'm watching this season (ignoring Blood Lad lol). Sadly looking at the fall line up a lot of the shows I'm interested in seem to be second seasons or continuations of shows so I'm going to have to do a lot of marathoning to be ready for fall. Currently Valvrave and Magi are the only series I'm caught up on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom