• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Acchi Kocchi 8

I'm constantly amazing at the production values behind this show. I would've never expected a little cute slice of life show to look this good constantly.
I would play the fuck out of that paper-cutout fighting game

Way too damn cute. Time for my insulin shot.

Space☆Dandy 16

"Well, this is something different."

HOLY SHIT THIS ANIMATION what an acid trip

Episode 17 looks like it's gonna be a hoot.

Captain Earth 14

The only ones who need a break are Teppei and Daichi, lol. Maybe Akari. Hana don't do shit. Akari still best girl.

Ah shit new OP, not as good as the first.

Ah now Hana's actually worth something.
What's the Blume? Did I miss something?

GO AFTER HER YOU FOOL

New ED is sweet.

Attack on Titan 8

WE'VE SEEN THIS SHIT ALREADY NEW MATERIAL PLEASE

Oh so now you're jumping to acting after they've been slaughtered? lol. Enough of this fucking inter-monologue crap.

WHAT you went from questioning your leadership to being a gunho leader and back to being a sad spineless sack of shit all in the space of like 3 minutes. FUCK THIS IS BAD

FUCKING MONOLOGUES AND NO ANIMATION

So riddle me this: You've got compressed air, precision tooled metal, razor sharp blade-swords, and pneumatic spider-man grappling hooks, but you've not invented anything beyond muzzle loaders and wooden carts? Really?

Sorry I thought I was watching a cartoon, not a fucking powerpoint. What happened to the budget?

KAWAII UGUU TITAN

lol it totally was that was so fucking obvious.

One Week Friends 2

Shogo's a total bro.

Oh god this really is gonna be a feels trip, isn't it?

Terror in Resonance 1

THIS IS SOME SLICK SHIT GODDAMN

this kid is fucking weird. especially that mouth, fuck.

I'm down as fuck for some noise metal soundtracks, fuck yeah.

Okay, I'm hyped as fuck.

Epic fucking ED. Jesus.

--

List Double Dose up next.

cajunator

Banned
Well I've been meaning to watch Kino's Journey, might as well watch it with the watch bet.

Yes. Kino's Journey should be required viewing.

so uh hey. i'm new here. i post in the Toonami thread a lot, and i started following some shows this season because why not so i figured it'd be good to post here too instead of hopping between show threads. i'm watching:

Space Dandy season 2
Akame ga Kill (i will probably drop this if it doesn't live up to the hilarious first episode after character introductions are done; maybe before that)
Aldnoah Zero
Terror in Resonance
Tokyo Ghoul
Sailor Moon Crystal (thinking of dropping this out of boredom and hating Usagi)
Sword Art Online II (probably gonna drop this, i just wanted to confirm it was still a trainwreck and see how awful Kirito being a girl would be)

anything else i should pick up because it's good/so terrible it's funny?

The three that people seem to agree on is Nozaki-kun, Barakamon, and Sabagebu. Hard to go wrong with them.

Joe Molotov

Himegoto 01-03

52kIF.png

jbug617

Banned
In a fight, yes. But in terms of how fast he can gain a harem...

I seen Kirito in action for a whole season. Onii-sama might have some secret tech to be revealed or
he just cares for his sis only

so uh hey. i'm new here. i post in the Toonami thread a lot, and i started following some shows this season because why not so i figured it'd be good to post here too instead of hopping between show threads. i'm watching:

Space Dandy season 2
Akame ga Kill (i will probably drop this if it doesn't live up to the hilarious first episode after character introductions are done; maybe before that)
Aldnoah Zero
Terror in Resonance
Tokyo Ghoul
Sailor Moon Crystal (thinking of dropping this out of boredom and hating Usagi)
Sword Art Online II (probably gonna drop this, i just wanted to confirm it was still a trainwreck and see how awful Kirito being a girl would be)

anything else i should pick up because it's good/so terrible it's funny?

These shows are pretty good:

Barakamon
Nozaki-kun
Rokujouma No Shinryakusha!? (this might fit the bad being good)

cajunator

Banned
Im gonna check out Barakamon today. Been a very busy week with relatives in town.
Gonna be a crazy rest of the year as well.

jbug617

Banned
There is a possibility that Funimation didn't put the 6 OVA for Senran Kagura on the blurays. Sites had those OVA listed so I will be upset if they are not on there.

They may ship them this week cause RightStuf don't give a fuck, right?

could be. They usually ship once they get them in.

mankoto

Jinsei 3
I still can't laugh at this or even crack a smile... Well, if anything the series is getting better. It used to be flat-out boring

cajunator

Banned
There is a possibility that Funimation didn't put the 6 OVA for Senran Kagura on the blurays. Sites had those OVA listed so I will be upset if they are not on there.

could be. They usually ship once they get them in.

Im still iffy on buying that. It has a limited amount of Mirai in it.

oh, i watch Jojo. forgot to mention that one.

i've watched up to episode 3 on Akame. i felt like the contrast of a typical shonen and some depraved nonsense would at least be good for a laugh based on the first episode but it's kinda just gone back to being typical shonen.

i'll give Barakamon and Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun a look. thanks, Mature and Admiral Woofington.

I'd give Akame till episode 5 at least before calling it quits.

Nozaki-kun is an excellent show so far. I'd recommend it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I was thinking of watching Doremi, I'm wanting some character-focused long-form storytelling and Heidi seems like it's gonna take decades to become fully available at this point. Maybe there's more people interested and we could turn this into Doremi-gaf for a while
Doremi will most definitely deliver on what you want. However, it's structured in episodic form but preserves continuity so you're basically getting larger character arcs in installments.

Link Man

Banned
Akame ga Kill 4

I do enjoy when a battle is just as much an exploration of the characters as it is a display of their abilities, so I quite enjoyed this episode. Villain was a little annoying, though.

sonicmj1

I was thinking of watching Doremi, I'm wanting some character-focused long-form storytelling and Heidi seems like it's gonna take decades to become fully available at this point. Maybe there's more people interested and we could turn this into Doremi-gaf for a while

I'd be down for that. It wasn't initially going to be a priority (long!), but hey, the last time I listened to Hitokage I watched Utena, and that wasn't so bad. We can work out details some other time.

All aboard the Doremi train! Choo choo!

TUSR

Banned
My Ranma Blurays are still in Vancouver and they are estimated to deliver on the 5th of August. Whyyyyyy.

Shergal

Doremi will most definitely deliver on what you want. However, it's structured in episodic form but preserves continuity so you're basically getting larger character arcs in installments.

Yeah, pretty much what I'm looking for. Although I'm wondering, is there even a formula? I'm aware that the show takes a slice-of-life approach to magical girls rather than a sentai monster of the week format, but is it free to the point every episode is its own thing or is there a template they get to toy with?

PK Gaming

Aku no Hana - END

It was a fantastic watch, but ultimately i'm left with disgust, despair and disappointment. Will elaborate tomorrow.

Nakamura is a shit-eater.

cajunator

Banned
Anime just seems super cheap now. I really think (aside from OOP series) this is the best time to get into it. Very affordable and easy to legally watch a whole ton of it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, pretty much what I'm looking for. Although I'm wondering, is there even a formula? I'm aware that the show takes a slice-of-life approach to magical girls rather than a sentai monster of the week format, but is it free to the point every episode is its own thing or is there a template they get to toy with?
Hmm... yes and no. Yes in that for stretches of the show they'll be occupied with some task or situation that draws attention to itself on a regular basis, but it's not that rigid or consistent. There are also checkpoint episodes in each season relating to one thing or another. Otherwise they're free to do whatever, although it frequently relates to somebody having some sort of issue and they try to figure out how to help. Hence, exposure to secondary character arcs that also progress with the main characters. Sailor Moon was rather notorious for throwing characters under the bus, but Doremi holds onto them.

There is still stock footage, too. There's a very short clip for changing into witch garb, one for spell use sometimes, and another for group spell casting. These change as the show goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom