• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why does the OP imply no one is watching Locodol? And then imply no one has said a good thing about Momo Kyun Sword?

Gazoinks

Any good anime with 12 or less episodes? Already seen Madoka Magica.

Tatami Galaxy, Usagi Drop, Mononoke. For an uber short series, I really enjoyed The Diary of Tortov Roddle. Need to rewatch that sometime.

If you're willing to go up to 13, you can also throw in a bunch more: Baccano, Kino's Journey, Flowers of Evil, etc.

Chariot

No, no, no, no, NO!
Why
It can't be
WHY IS TUSR ABOVE ME? C comes before T
What is this shitty system
Why did you make a new one when I was asleep Narag
AAAAAHHH
why

CAJUN-SAMAAAAA

edit:
jbaxCvX1cTDyZQ.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Shergal

For an uber short series, I really enjoyed The Diary of Tortov Roddle. Need to rewatch that sometime.

Heh, it's interesting seeing indie animation brought up on a request for industry anime. I wonder why some independent works, like Tortov Roddle or Shoujo Tsubaki -for something more obscure-, are so often mentioned in the same category as commercial productions.

Have you checked out other works from Kunio Kato? He's that one guy who won an Oscar with that one short!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just had a look at the OP and Love Stage seems to do an inverse of most yaoi shows by making the head comically big.

BluWacky

Heh, it's interesting seeing indie animation brought up on a request for industry anime. I wonder why some independent works, like Tortov Roddle or Shoujo Tsubaki -for something more obscure-, are so often mentioned in the same category as commercial productions

Shoujo Tsubaki is on The List, isn't it, for being misery inducing?

As for Tortov Roddle, I seem to vaguely remember it being fansubbed by someone fairly high profile - certainly it's visual distinctiveness has made it stand out. Didn't it come out at around the same time as Comedy, which gets lots of recommendations despite its obscurity? There was certainly a period where things like that, or the rather naff CG short Yonna in the Solitary Fortress, got a bit more attention.

I hope that when tamerlane finishes his 2001 post he brings up Princess Arete, a film I think more people should see even if it's a little boring at times that falls into a similar category (this was about when Studio 4C were a bit more indie. We need more people watching Noiseman Sound Insect in here!)

Gazoinks

Heh, it's interesting seeing indie animation brought up on a request for industry anime. I wonder why some independent works, like Tortov Roddle or Shoujo Tsubaki -for something more obscure-, are so often mentioned in the same category as commercial productions.

Have you checked out other works from Kunio Kato? He's that one guy who won an Oscar with that one short!

Honestly, I wish it was brought up more. :p I feel like there's probably a lot of interesting stuff out there that I'm just not aware of (or was never translated). Have seen Le Maison Petits Cubes, also very good.

Friend of mine watched Shoujo Tsubaki, but I can't remember if he liked it or not. Seems polarizing.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Speaking of The List, the whole point was to find titles that you could laugh at, not run around the room screaming.

Quasar

Sabagebu 4 - Talk about awkward. Bulimia as the cure for being overweight. Wow. On the upside, now I want to know about Platy.

phaze

Any good anime with 12 or less episodes? Already seen Madoka Magica.

Kyousougiga !

Gankutsuo 2-4

The Count sure knows how to make a grand entrance and hell of a first impression.

I feel stupid for not realizing sooner that Luna was their version of Rome.

CG is bad but given the general weird ass imagery of the show, it doesn't bother me much at least so far.

Elfen Lied 10 {For Real}

Not a terrible episode I guess. It explains how these diclonius things are born. Batman takes in another pink haired, cat eared girl into his home to increase his fucked up harem. Of course his girlfriend is completely fine with it. Then we get a hilarious dream sequence as seen above.

I believe this is the episode that gave us this gem.

fertygo

Captain Earth - 17

This is pretty much became the reason why I watching this show.

So what else that I can mention from this eps, oh more shameless fanservice, now came from an couple character that hasn't got showed their skin yet, can't have that! and screenshot/gif material of beautiful thing that gonna got you banned if posted, also don't forget your weekly boring space fight!

Just another episode of Captain Earth.

Chariot

Happiness Charge Precure 21

jXBNXH7FqDJXG.png

Fuck you, Hime.

I really don't like how light they make of her unleashing the evil onto the world. Yes, it wasn't on purpose, but she opened a box that she probably knew shouldn't be opened and doomed a lot of humans. You can't just take responsibility from her, especially, since she hid it cowardly to not be judged by other people. The Chariot doesn't like that. It taints the beauty of YuuYuu.

After what Theonik told me, I am now scared of episode 25. Stay pure, YuuYuu, stay pure.

Also:
jp5cW56WCG6IL.png

That's not the ship I want to sail, don't do that to me, show! Please don't!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Happiness Charge Precure 21

I really don't like how light they make of her unleashing the evil onto the world. Yes, it wasn't on purpose, but she opened a box that she probably knew shouldn't be opened and doomed a lot of humans. You can't just take responsibility from her, especially, since she hid it cowardly to not be judged by other people.
Did you miss what Hime has been doing for the past 21 episodes?

_hekk05

Banned
Yama no Susume 2-3

Why was I never allowed to climb mountains when I was their age?

Oh please. I remember trekking a mountain range in Canberra when I was 15/16.

After the first 2 peaks, I couldn't feel the pain anymore.

Sleeping under the stars was amazing. Waking up to a layer of frost over everything was not.

Chariot

Yama no Susume 2-3

Why was I never allowed to climb mountains when I was their age?
You didn't? I have a walking stick with badges from several german mountains. Not really difficult things, just simple, enjoyable hiking. Every child should have the joy of hike through mountains.

Ai-Mai-Mi - Mousou Catastrophie 3
Jesus Christ!

Did you miss what Hime has been doing for the past 21 episodes?
I had a break between 14 and 15, so I don't recall everything, but everything I remember was her being annoying and selfish.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I had a break between 14 and 15, so I don't recall everything, but everything I remember was her being annoying and selfish.
She's been attempting to help fix her own mistake by her own hands. She's a Precure, and with Megumi's help she has started to become good at it.

She's already taken responsibility.

However, she also has pronounced social anxiety issues, so not being able to tell others goes without saying.

Oh please. I remember trekking a mountain range in Canberra when I was 15/16.

After the first 2 peaks, I couldn't feel the pain anymore.

Sleeping under the stars was amazing. Waking up to a layer of frost over everything was not.

You didn't? I have a walking stick with badges from several german mountains. Not really difficult things, just simple, enjoyable hiking. Every child should have the joy of hike through mountains.
Now that I think about it. I live in Ohio so its not like there's anything close to mountains nearby me. These rolling hills is all we gots.

Akame ga Kill! - 04

Bros4lyfe

Chariot

She's been attempting to help fix her own mistake by her own hands. She's a Precure, and with Megumi's help she has started to become good at it.
Right, I remember, that was the setup. But she really goofs around too much and I still don't like how Megumi and YuuYuu told her, that she shouldn't worry and that it wasn't her fault. She should, she really should. She was careless and people got hurt on a global scale. I would be far happier if the dialog would've involved understanding that she messed up big time.

I dunno, the whole setup is difficult. It's the equivalent to Obama's son accidentally open the gates of all high security prisons in the states (one wouldn't be enough, they took the kingdom over in almost an instant and continued to attacking the world). This isn't something you can just gloss over with "well, you didn't wanted to unleash the murders, rapists and wrongly accused, so it's not your fault".

I know it's a kids show, and I shouldn't bother so much, but it grinds my gears.
Now that I think about it. I live in Ohio so its not like there's anything close to mountains nearby me. These rolling hills is all we gots.
It would be a beginning :D

jgminto

I climbed a mountain when I was in school. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to drink cordial during the climb. It was the most dehydrated I'd ever been in my life.

Right, I remember, that was the setup. But she really goofs around too much and I still don't like how Megumi and YuuYuu told her, that she shouldn't worry and that it wasn't her fault. She should, she really should. She was careless and people got hurt on a global scale. I would be far happier if the dialog would've involved understanding that she messed up big time.

I dunno, the whole setup is difficult. It's the equivalent to Obama's son accidentally open the gates of all high security prisons in the states (one wouldn't be enough, they took the kingdom over in almost an instant and continued to attacking the world). This isn't something you can just gloss over with "well, you didn't wanted to unleash the murders, rapists and wrongly accused, so it's not your fault".

I know it's a kids show, and I shouldn't bother so much, but it grinds my gears.
This is what you get for watching anything beyond Heartcatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom