• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatmac

I don't mean to burst anybody's bubble, but this is being done by the Grisaia staff.

And in that IIRC, those guys adapted a girl's entire route in one chapter.

An entire route, in one chapter.
Yeah just realized that. It's a shame since Rewrite has some amazing moments but the studio worries me. At least it's finally getting made regardless.

Jarmel

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma-24
sEgkVwA.jpg

The smuggiest smug look that ever smugged. Such a great shot.
That instrumental version of the first ED was amazing. Yea so I stated in the past that Soma was this year's Gundam Build Fighters. That was my mistake, this was better than GBF.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tell me you're talking about Try and not the original.

Because the finale of GBF1 blows Soma out of the water.

Soma would have been so much better if every cooking contest in the 2nd half of the show was ruined by someone cheating and if they had thrown in a really anti-climatic ending like GBF.

Jarmel

Banned
Soma would have been so much better if every cooking contest in the 2nd half of the show was ruined by someone cheating and if they had thrown in a really anti-climatic ending like GBF.

Pretty much.

If you're going to have the main characters lose or struggle, have it be fair and their own mistakes that cost them.

I don't mean to burst anybody's bubble, but this is being done by the Grisaia staff.

And in that IIRC, those guys adapted a girl's entire route in one chapter.

An entire route, in one chapter.

The writer is different though - the Grisaia adaptation's scripts were handled by Hideyuki Kurata, whereas Rewrite's will be handled by Tensho, Romeo Tanaka, and Kai. So the way the Grisaia anime was written shouldn't be taken as an indication of the way the Rewrite anime will br.

Jarmel

Banned
I does think last 4 eps of Soma is lame, pretty much same thing repeated 4 time.

What I liked about it was that while it was conceptually the same idea, it was how everybody interpreted the dish and added their own style. It's similar to real life cooking shows in that it's how the chef adds their own flair. Hell there was someone using the 'ice cream maker that nobody ever uses but somehow use every week'.

fertygo

What I liked about it was that while it was conceptually the same idea, it was how everybody interpreted the dish and added their own style. It's similar to real life cooking shows in that it's how the chef adds their own flair.

I think they should mix thing up with switching up to group A instead doing it in turn at least for anime adaptation, the less relevant group bring no hype at all.

And 4 eps still way too long for the content shown.

Jarmel

Banned
I think they should mix thing up with switching up to group A instead doing it in turn at least for anime adaptation, the less relevant group bring no hype at all.

And 4 eps still way too long for the content shown.

I found it kinda hilarious mostly due to contrast as Group A was the super hard mode group.

They could have maybe truncated it into three but half of this episode was reflection already so I think it would have come off as rushed if anything. It also served to highlight some characters that have gotten put on the wayside which was nice.

Haly

I just realized they skipped over Megumi's development.

Blech.

Symphogear GX END

Fusion ending was sooooo fucking predictable that the moment we were introduced to the clone you should have figured it was going to end like this.
Anyone just the ending I expect from this franchise and I'm okay with that.

If Symphogear has taught me anything is that punching people solves problems and makes you lifelong friends.

Haly

22 is pretty anemic.

They skipped Hishoko and Nao completely!

Haly

Okay I see, it's kind of split up all over the place.
yolo.gif

Anime of the year is Rokka for me, if only for introducing me to such a great series. I'm having a blast reading the novels.

As soon as I finished episode 12, I pretty much binged on the light novels until I caught up to Vol 4, Ch 5 in two days. Feverishly waiting for the next chapter. Great series indeed.

Haly

Homura looks off in the -monogatari uniform but Senjou is looking good.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Symphogear GX Episode 13:

I find it astounding that they have not been able to top the ending of the first season yet.

javac

World Premiere of Gundam The Origin II Set For London In October

Taking place at The Crystal, just a stones throw away from Excel London, MCM Loves Anime will be an event taking place separate to MCM London Comic Con, so you won’t need a Comic Con ticket to be a part of it, where there will be four screenings of anime across the day.

Today we are delighted to announce that one of those screenings will be a double bill that sees the UK Theatrical Premiere of Gundam The Origin I: Blue-Eyed Casval followed by the World Premiere of Gundam The Origin II: Artesia’s Sorrow! Yes you read that correctly, it’s the World Premiere of Gundam The Origin II in London, meaning you’ll get the chance to see before its release in Japan!

What’s more, representatives from Sunrise will be coming to London to celebrate this with the fans and following the World Premiere of Gundam The Origin II: Artesia’s Sorrow there will be a post-screening talk that will include some exciting news for UK Gundam fans!

“In total that there will be four screenings across the day at MCM Loves Anime, one of them is the Gundam double bill that includes the World Premiere, and while I can’t share details on what the other screenings may be just yet, I will say one of them may involve ‘Love’ and might make people quite lively.”

Expect more details this coming week! Stay tuned.

blog.alltheanime

Yo what's up with Viewster subs on Charlotte? I'm already getting screwed over before I can even watch the episode.

Like, all the subs for this final episodes are delayed by some seconds.

I blame Maeda

Shokugeki no Soma-24

That instrumental version of the first ED was amazing. Yea so I stated in the past that Soma was this year's Gundam Build Fighters. That was my mistake, this was better than GBF.

That's a pretty bold claim. Though this show is definitely on my list of things to watch. Might make it my on the plane show in 2 weeks.

Ascheroth

Symphogear GX - 13 (End)

Power-ups, explosions and singing left and right. This was a Symphogear ending, alright. Which means it was pretty good. Some things were really predictable, like
Elfnein and Carol fusing
, but who cares.

What I found pretty hilarious were Shirabe and Kirikas combination technique
(a spinning sawblade with pincers, ahaha)
and the fact that the songs that played during Hibikis grand solo action parts weren't even sung by herself, but by Mizuki Nana.

All in all it was another enjoyable season, even though there were some weak episodes in the middle. Wouldn't mind another one.

Now on to Charlottes finale, lol.

Once in a while, I try to make out the plot of a show I'm not watching just by reading the post on it here.

....I have no idea what the hell Symphogear is, as much as people post about it.

I do know that the producers once tried to dub the show themselves, with fantastic results.

Sakura

Just finished Working...
Pretty disappointing they decided to skip having the ending in the anime series and instead are doing the 1 hour special. I mean I'm sure it will be good, but I was expecting to finish the story today.

Oh shit, Rewrite anime announced
http://rewrite-anime.tv/

原作:Key / ビジュアルアーツ
監督・シリーズ構成:天衝
構成・脚本協力:田中ロミオ・魁(ビジュアルアーツ)
キャラクター原案:樋上いたる(Key/ビジュアルアーツ)
キャラクターデザイン:野中正幸
アニメーション制作:エイトビット

8bit and Tensho, so Grisaia staff.

Rewrite is easily the worst Key VN I've ever read, so not really looking forward to this.

Once in a while, I try to make out the plot of a show I'm not watching just by reading the post on it here.

....I have no idea what the hell Symphogear is, as much as people post about it.

I do know that the producers once tried to dub the show themselves, with fantastic results.
Friendship through punching.

javac

Apparently the DYRL reprint is said to have better image quality than the previous release.
"Achieve higher image quality by further brush up the HD master!"
HDマスターをさらにブラッシュアップすることでさらなる高画質化を実現!

Keep in mind that the previous BD was accompanied with the PS3 game Macross: My Boyfriend is a Pilot 2012 on the same disc so not only was the film censored a tiny bit but probably didn't get to utilize the whole disc. I don't mind double dipping on DYRL BD if this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom