• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durarara X2 - 24
1rqLK0l.jpg

It's been fun watching him fall deeper this cour. Looking forward to the next one.

Gvitor

Charlotte 13 (END)

This is a weird series. It started good, then it was okay, then it was boring for more than half of its episodes. After that it was great, then bad and then I stopped caring. Such a rollercoaster of quality.

5/10, I guess.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 12:

A much better ending episode then what we got last time around, yet I think this was the weaker season because the themes and ideas were not as fresh as exploring the impact of social media has had on the world. Also, there was a lot of chaffe from season one that the writers just didn't know what to do with. A prime example would be Sugane, he was the co-star last season and here he barely showed up and had nothing going on and the new characters I didn't care for at all.

Linkark07

Banned
Charlotte End

And thus the wild underwhelming ride has ended. All I can say is that Charlotte was quite disappointing.

Now, Rewrite is getting an anime adaptation. While I loved the visual novel, I'm kinda scared this might be another bad adaptation of a visual novel.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
If I had to name my Top 5 for 2015 now the list would be as follows.

Shirobako
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Ushio and Tora (MORE PEOPLE NEED TO WATCH THIS!)
Death Parade
Sound! Euphonium

Phatmac

This is not the face of a sane person. While an inconsistent season for DRRR it's been a solid build up to an all out war for next season hopefully. Wish there was a big fight to end the season but seeing Izaya get his ass kicked is good enough for me! Hyped up for another gang war that doesn't make much sense but at least Mikado is doing something interesting!

javac

Crunchyroll's Fall 2015 Line-Up:
Continuing Simulcast Titles
  • Naruto Shippuden: Season 17
  • Gintama Season 3
  • Fairy Tail Series 2
  • World Trigger
  • Ace of the Diamond Second Season
  • Ultraman X
  • Ushio and Tora
  • Future Card Buddyfight Hundred
  • Cardfight!! Vanguard G
  • Folktales from Japan
  • Milpom

New Simulcast Titles (TBD)
  • Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day (Drama)
  • The Asterisk War
  • Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation-
  • To Be Announced TBD
  • To Be Announced TBD
  • To Be Announced TBD
  • To Be Announced TBD
  • To Be Announced TBD
  • To Be Announced TBD
  • To Be Announced TBD
  • To Be Announced TBD

New Catalog Titles
  • Symphogear GX
http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup/anime

Prison School end

They kind of went past a good stopping point there. If this doesn't get a second season, what a cruel tease, especially since that arc is even better than what this season covered.

Fox318

Charlotte END

Man... I liked this episode but between the last two episodes and the Damn shit with
not healing his fucking eye

The build-up to this last show was great and I liked how slowly the story got grander but holy Fuck did that ending sour me.

Now, Rewrite is getting an anime adaptation. While I loved the visual novel, I'm kinda scared this might be another bad adaptation of a visual novel.

Hopefully they'll just cut out all the stuff Romeo didn't write, especially Tonokawa's crap. Akane, Moon, and Terra are the good parts of Rewrite anyway, though they'll probably butcher those too.

Gatchaman Crowds Insighto 12 [END]

Based Lotus Juice redeeming mediocre anime by making tight battle music once again, what a god.

I'm not the biggest fan of Gatchaman Crowds so I wasn't really impressed with this season, it has it's heart in the right place; it looks good, and has a badass OST but still, everything feels kinda dull, don't really know what's up with that. I can see why others would like this show but it's just not my cup of tea.

What I can say is that the battles are really bad and so are the costume designs, Hajime talking to her own chest is also odd to put it lightly.

SO did anybody like the ending to Charlotte?

I did, I'm actually pretty fond of the show overall, it's not my AOTS but it was worth my time.

Mik317

Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 12

Kinda just ends lol.

That was a different way to "defeat" the enemy but as stated above many of the characters had fuck all to do most of the season. It felt like it was build towards something and just kinda gave up and ended.

would have been better if Geseldra truly was the main villain instead of the rather cop out ending he had.

Still enjoyed it enough. Definitely could have been better tho

Prison School end

They kind of went past a good stopping point there. If this doesn't get a second season, what a cruel tease, especially since that arc is even better than what this season covered.

is it?
I'm always worried the quality will drop once season 1 arc was done, because everything flowed smoothly this season

I need Uncensored version

Sakura

Decided to start watching Strike The Blood.
I watched it a bit when it was airing, but either dropped it or forgot about it, can't remember.
Anyway, why do people continue to live on this island? Seems like there is terrorism every week.
Also some of these girls fall for the protagonist waaaay too fast.
The one chick was trying to kill him one episode then already in love with him the next.
I'll keep watching for now though because Yukina is cute.

Wait, is that 1 hour Working!!! special that got advertised at the end real?

Yes. It is the conclusion of the series.
Though I don't know whether it will actually be RPG themed or not, it wasn't in the manga. I suppose if they are going to milk it out to an hour though it might be.

Phatmac

Hopefully they'll just cut out all the stuff Romeo didn't write, especially Tonokawa's crap. Akane, Moon, and Terra are the good parts of Rewrite anyway, though they'll probably butcher those too.
Got have Lucia's route somewhere in there. It's my favorite girl route.

Symphogear GX - 13 [End]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ HIBIKI TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Yeah I think this was a pretty good finale. Though I feel the the fight could've been a bit longer. I dont think it topped the first and second season finales in terms of crazy but I don't expect them to be able to anyway.
IxwPrvZ.jpg

wait what?

bYdklih.jpg

oohhh...
The mecha digimon tiger was pretty rad, and so was the boob-touch transform giant drill. Pretty fun season, though it dragged on a bit around the middle.
Carol and her dolls were cool villains, but they totally should've been respawned for this climax (whatever happened to that giant mummy thing?)

Symphogear GX 13 END
Can't wait for S4 next year!!!!

are you making this up or have they said anything?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Another thing that plagued Insight was so much was built up and just kind of dissolved into the ether, a good example is VAPE,
built up as the ideological villain this season, they were just kind of tossed aside and brought back as the plot demanded and then just vanished into the ether again.

Got have Lucia's route somewhere in there. It's my favorite girl route.

I liked that route too, but like most of the stuff not written by Romeo it has little to nothing to do with the main story. It's an obvious thing to cut when you probably won't have enough episodes to do the main story justice.

Another thing that plagued Insight was so much was built up and just kind of dissolved into the ether, a good example is VAPE,
built up as the ideological villain this season, they were just kind of tossed aside and brought back as the plot demanded and then just vanished into the ether again.
Is there really an antagonistic organization called VAPE? Hahaha.

Phatmac

I liked that route too, but like most of the stuff not written by Romeo it has little to nothing to do with the main story. It's an obvious thing to cut when you probably won't have enough episodes to do the main story justice.
I guess. Considering how they butchered Grasia I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Charlotte END

Man... I liked this episode but between the last two episodes and the Damn shit with
not healing his fucking eye

The build-up to this last show was great and I liked how slowly the story got grander but holy Fuck did that ending sour me.

It would have been nice to part this series with
a crazy Yuu that has time leaping abilities and he just keeps making random jumps
and totally fucks up the world. I'd be into that.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Is there really an antagonistic organization called VAPE? Hahaha.

Yes, yes there is.

jonjonaug

I don't mean to burst anybody's bubble, but this is being done by the Grisaia staff.

And in that IIRC, those guys adapted a girl's entire route in one chapter.

An entire route, in one chapter.

Shizuru's route is utter shit and Chihaya's route isn't much better, so I wouldn't mind seeing that treatment for them if it gave the other content more time.

PSA: Don't watch Charlotte on Crunchyroll ATM. Subtitles are really off and are delayed from what the characters are saying. Sometimes the characters will be three lines ahead of the actual subtitle. Either watch it through another channel or wait until Crunchyroll fixes it.

Was fine when I watched it on CR, though i was watching 480p, perhaps it was only at the higher resolutions.

Russ T

Banned
Did everyone forget about Yurikuma Arashi? The lesbian bear show?

I remember some people watching it and falling in love with it, but no one seems to remember it now.

I never watched it myself.

I watched it recently and made a post about it somewhere in this thread maybe. I liked it! I have friends who thought it was kind of weak. I haven't seen any of Ikuhara's other series, but I'm led to believe they're all way better?

School-Live 12 (End)

Hooray this is the episode where I get to watch everyone die! Wait... they didn't die? Fuck I hate them so much they can't even FAIL right.

Also the last scene shows the dog clearly up and walking (clearly not a "ghost" thing, since Yuki's stupid hat is also above-ground)? A+ emotional manipulation.

Speaking of stupid hat, the best part of this episode is that she stopped wearing that stupid fucking hat.

Worst thing I watched this season by a million miles. Not even a particularly interesting piece of zombie fiction even when it wasn't fanservice. First episode was good. Everything after was ruined by the show making me hate literally all of the characters. Well, I guess I didn't hate the dog. Dog was cute.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The scene with a dog explains why Torumaru went off on his own in the first place. He probably saw/heard/smelt/whatever that dog.

I don't see how you could "hate" these characters though. By miles, these guys are better than say, everyone on both versions of The Walking Dead.

Sakura

Shizuru's route is utter shit and Chihaya's route isn't much better, so I wouldn't mind seeing that treatment for them if it gave the other content more time.
The worst route by far in my opinion was Kotori's.
But it also seemed somewhat important IIRC, while I'm not sure the other routes are that important to the story.
School-Live 12 (End)

Hooray this is the episode where I get to watch everyone die! Wait... they didn't die? Fuck I hate them so much they can't even FAIL right.

Also the last scene shows the dog clearly up and walking (clearly not a "ghost" thing, since Yuki's stupid hat is also above-ground)? A+ emotional manipulation.

Speaking of stupid hat, the best part of this episode is that she stopped wearing that stupid fucking hat.

Worst thing I watched this season by a million miles. Not even a particularly interesting piece of zombie fiction even when it wasn't fanservice. First episode was good. Everything after was ruined by the show making me hate literally all of the characters. Well, I guess I didn't hate the dog. Dog was cute.
I think the series would've benefited a lot more if it was faithful to the manga.
There are way too many anime original slice of life episodes where absolutely nothing happens.
But maybe that stuff sells better so they decided to go that route.
Either way there are some important/good scenes from the manga I wish they had adapted.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Since the manga doesn't end, what could they have done though?

Given how all the other adaptations I watched this season literally have a "read the manga" ending, I'm more than happy with them just stretching things out so that they can use the trope of the graduation episode as the (series) finale.

Sakura

Since the manga doesn't end, what could they have done though?

Given how all the other adaptations I watched this season literally have a "read the manga" ending, I'm more than happy with them just stretching things out so that they can use the trope of the graduation episode as the (series) finale.

They could've adapted the parts they skipped over instead of putting slice of life swimsuit episodes etc in place instead. It's not like the series has an anime original ending really.

The worst route by far in my opinion was Kotori's.
But it also seemed somewhat important IIRC, while I'm not sure the other routes are that important to the story.

I didn't like Kotori's route either, but it has relevance to Terra. Akane and Kotori are the only heroine routes that serve much of a purpose to the story.

I watched it recently and made a post about it somewhere in this thread maybe. I liked it! I have friends who thought it was kind of weak. I haven't seen any of Ikuhara's other series, but I'm led to believe they're all way better?
Utena is leagues and leagues better. Penguindrum you could probably argue either way. But you should really watch Utena, it's one of the best animated television shows ever made.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They could've adapted the parts they skipped over instead of putting slice of life swimsuit episodes etc in place instead. It's not like the series has an anime original ending really.
It ends in a natural place though, if the whole arc of the show is that it's a slightly disturbed slice of life story.

Given what I understand of the manga, apparently they
are still stuck at the school and a helicopter comes to save them except it crashes for some reason and the whole school is set on fire?
And that's not even resolved at all? I'm not sure what they would have even done with that while still providing any kind of satisfying ending.

Sakura

It ends in a natural place though, if the whole arc of the show is that it's a slightly disturbed slice of life story.

Given what I understand of the manga, apparently they
are still stuck at the school and a helicopter comes to save them except it crashes for some reason and the whole school is set on fire?
And that's not even resolved at all? I'm not sure what they would have even done with that while still providing any kind of satisfying ending.
About what you said regarding the ending:
A helicopter comes and crashes yes, and it is a really good scene. But after it they still decide to 'graduate' the high school and head off for the university just like the anime, so there isn't really any reason they couldn't adapt the helicopter bit in the anime.
Other parts I would've liked adapted (I'll spoiler just in case even though it's not that important):
On the way to the mall where they find Miki, they drive by Kurumi's house. Kurumi goes inside looks for people, and ends up leaving a note for her family. Not a big scene but I thought it was good. Or maybe they adapted it and I completely forgot.
The story of Miki and Kei surviving at the mall. In the beginning there are like 10 other survivors and they are all together. The guys go hunt for food and stuff during the day. However one day they come back, and one of the guys has a bite on his hand but doesn't tell any body. Needless to say eventually only Miki and Kei are left.
In the anime I felt the beginning was strong, but then there are just so many episodes in the middle of absolutely nothing happening.

Let's be honest, the fact we have three (?) active lesbian relationships is about three more than we usualy get.

The relationships are all over the place. you have -

Hibiki and Miku. Duh.
Tsubasa and Chris
Tsubasa and Maria
Kirika and Shirabe. Duh.
Kiraka, Shirabe and Chris
Kiraka, Shirabe and Maria

But really everyone is just part of Hibiki's harem.

So is this going to be a 1cour thing? And it says Part of the final season...is there another?

Man fuck this series. Calling the second season Nisemonogatari and the third season Monogatari Series Second Season, what a load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom