• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

oti

Banned
amazon.de has not shipped my amiibo edition yet. The status is on preparing since this morning.
But it's still some time left. I'll start to worry in three hours or so.

Otherwise I will just buy it at Saturn tomorrow morning. I hope they have the Amiibo edition in stock.

I pre-ordered it for in-store pick up at MediaMarkt (amiibo edition for 50€ whop whop). Got an email that it's now on its way to the store. I kinda wanted to just go there and ask them to give it to me a day early. :(

wheapon

What does the 175mb update do?

Well, the patch notes indicate the following:

•“Create a course” scene: a small element was added.
•Condition(s) for increasing the amount of useable parts (in the level editor) were added.
•Various changes meant to improve the gameplay experience.

I'm wondering if they patched in a way to unlock the usable parts outside of waiting. It can be read that way but it might mean something else.

Otherwise I will just buy it at Saturn tomorrow morning. I hope they have the Amiibo edition in stock.

I plan on grabbing it from Gamestop if my Amazon order isn't here. And then just returning the Amazon order to Gamestop. Had to do that with a few other games in the past.

I should stop doing release date delivery from Amazon, they don't seem to ever do it right for me.

Yey Eb games have a promo, trade in 3 games worth more than 10$ and you get the game free + a poster. 3 old crappy games i have are getting me this free :) and yes i made sure and called if they qualify :)

El Odio

Banned
Nice to hear that we can just abuse the system clock to get the full tools day one. I can't wait to see what everyone here is able to make.

Peltz

Yey Eb games have a promo, trade in 3 games worth more than 10$ and you get the game free + a poster. 3 old crappy games i have are getting me this free :) and yes i made sure and called if they qualify :)

Damn... I don't think I've seen an EB Games in 10 years.

zroid

Banned
Can I wait till tomorrow?

a355VU6.gif

mf luder

Well, the patch notes indicate the following:

•“Create a course” scene: a small element was added.
•Condition(s) for increasing the amount of useable parts (in the level editor) were added.
•Various changes meant to improve the gameplay experience.

I'm wondering if they patched in a way to unlock the usable parts outside of waiting. It can be read that way but it might mean something else.

Thanks. That sounds intriguing, I wonder what conditions they added.

lt519

Nothing from Amazon about it shipping.

I can't remember the last time I got something shipped from Amazon the day before and had it arrive on time.

Same, never pre-ordered off Amazon only did it because I got it for $35 combined with Prime and an AmEx offer. I may just buy it at Gamestop tomorrow after work and then return the Amazon copy to Gamestop when it comes in.

PSqueak

Banned
Im so envious of y'all with the game, the store i preordered it from said they won't have night launch so i'll have to wait until tomorrow after work to get my hands on it :C

AdanVC

Yeah, hopefully it won't be a pain to get one. Seems all the non-retail exclusive stock is limited this time around. I am timing it to play SMM before Amiibo hunting.

Depending of how difficult becomes to get the game and the amiibo tomorrow, I would decide if I would get upcoming Wii U games such as Yoshis' Wolly World (wich I still can't believe it hasn't released here on the americas yet) or Star Fox Zero. I'm beyond tired of suffering to get Nintendo games each time they release a new title simply because of supply constrains or because retails don't care about carrying Nintendo products anymore :(. I'm in Mexico btw.

The little artbook is pretty cute, it sucks for you Americans that the game is more expensive and that you get a paperback version :(

And with a red box wich makes ZERO sense :(

Condition(s) for increasing the amount of useable parts (in the level editor) were added.

Or maybe it's for DLC? Hope so

Kouriozan

So the robot has 17 Worlds of "demo courses" (the courses already included in game/10 Mario challenge), I can totally see Nintendo adding more since created courses have up to 30 Worlds.

Piccoro

Crap! Just got a call from my local retailer.
They have the game since yesterday, but they are only authorized to sell it tomorrow... :(

daydream

Banned
Some days ago a friend of mine, MdM, came up with this "picture" that he planned to use on some tshirts. I found it very funny and I asked him the permission to contact daydream, that I knew was working on the Super Mario Maker OT.

Daydream (who made a fab job with the OP!) told me that it wasn't in line with the style he was working on, but to be sure to let other Gaffers see it. And so... here we are: Anyone Can Make It by MdM (I won't put here any direct link to the stores that are hosting this design, but feel free to send me a PM if you want to know more 'bout it) :)

GZNmhWD.jpg

glad you posted it, magiustra, and thanks for the kind words

like i wrote in the pm, i think it's a really great idea and fantastic execution!

Wonderful OP, daydream! Great job.

My game is downloaded on my Wii U, ready to be unlocked tonight at 9pm. The first thing I'm going to do is unlock all of the various tools.

BashNasty

Got my digital copy preloaded and ready to go for tonight at 11. I love the digital download age, no more waiting for stores to open or slogging through a midnight release, I can just grab a beer and start playing the moment something unlocks. So damn convienent.

Debating getting the idea book shipped to me, but as I know I'll just look at it a couple times then forget about it forever, I probably won't bother.

I think I have to wait until the 15th to get this ( my payday ), but man oh man would I love to get it tomorrow. Perhaps I have some games that I can trade in...

RAWi

I wish Gamers (MX) gave this earlier .-. , and at least I hope that they do have the game tomorrow.

I need this noooowwww!!!

PSqueak

Banned
Depending of how difficult becomes to get the game and the amiibo tomorrow, I would decide if I would get upcoming Wii U games such as Yoshis' Wolly World (wich I still can't believe it hasn't released here on the americas yet) or Star Fox Zero. I'm beyond tired of suffering to get Nintendo games each time they release a new title simply because of supply constrains or because retails don't care about carrying Nintendo products anymore :(. I'm in Mexico btw.

Where you at? Do you have Game planet or Gamers on your city? Game Planet has been very decent with nintendo stuff for me in the past, got Smash, Splatoon and (tomorrow) SMM on launch day no problem, and Smash 3d i didn't even pre order.

The only thing they fail at is Amiibos, they literally, LITERALLY only stock the preorders for them they get.

Gamers usually stock Nintendo stuff with no problem either (tho i dunno how they fare with Amiibos) and when in doubt, you always have Blockbuster too!

What does the retro mario amiibo do for the game? is it necessary?

Mega mushroom and costumes for the enemies, it's not required for anything else and frankly the mega mushroom seems to game breaking to actually want it in many levels.

Got my digital copy preloaded and ready to go for tonight at 11. I love the digital download age, no more waiting for stores to open or slogging through a midnight release, I can just grab a beer and start playing the moment something unlocks. So damn convienent.

Debating getting the idea book shipped to me, but as I know I'll just look at it a couple times then forget about it forever, I probably won't bother.

I'm going to have the book sent to me. It's not that spectacular, but I want it for the sake of my collection. I just have to figure out how to bring up my receipt again.

I'm going to have the book sent to me. It's not that spectacular, but I want it for the sake of my collection. I just have to figure out how to bring up my receipt again.

I know that Nintendo states that you need to call and give them a number from your eShop receipt, but when I called to order all they needed was my email address and NNID (and shipping address if they don't already have it on file. NNID and email were all they needed to confirm that I'd bought the game. YMMV though.

MrBigBoy

I pre-ordered it for in-store pick up at MediaMarkt (amiibo edition for 50€ whop whop). Got an email that it's now on its way to the store. I kinda wanted to just go there and ask them to give it to me a day early. :(
I ordered also at MediaMarkt but chose home delivery, still no dispatch mail :(

vikki

Just picked up Mario Maker at my local Best Buy. They are terrible with street date, they did this with Smash as well. Too bad the earliest I can play it is tonight anyway.

I should note that I did preorder it, but they aren't supposed to sell it yet, right?

xandaca

Zavvi haven't shipped yet, unsurprisingly. My fault for ordering with them, I suppose, but bagging the game for ~£26 was a solid enough deal.

JoeM86

If someone finds or gets a course with
Mewtwo
in, can you wing me the code for it? Will make my job so much easier tomorrow, should my copy ever arrive.

solaaire

Neo Member
Nothing and I got release day shipping. What always happens in this case is it doesn't quite make it by EOD Friday and slips to Saturday when we're not at the office so I inevitably get the "sorry we missed you fuck face." Why can't Nintendo release on Thursday?

Mine flipped from Pre-ordered to Preparing for Shipment this morning, there's still hope!

Top Bottom