• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Wayoshi

Guys, I just got day 2's stuff delivered without changing the clock.

Got a notice a while ago about a delivery soon, now about 10 minutes later it arrived. "That was sooner than expected!" it said.

Let us know if it continues

I'd be willing to put up with 15 minutes per package of stuff without restarting

So, how, exactly, do you use amiibo with this game? When do you scan them to register the costume?

I'd like to scan mine before doing my first 100 Mario Challenge, just to avoid unlocking someone I have the amiibo of already.

The editor had a prompt pop up really early on (as in with the Day 1 stuff) mentioning amiibo integration so I just scanned mine immediately following that there and then, so yeah you can get the scanning out the way pretty quickly.

maxcriden

Great OT!

Can this be played with just the gamepad? Or do you need the screen, too?

I think you can play it with just the GamePad, yes. I believe the TV screen shows the level as it's being edited or played.

I will echo the people saying "give a star to a level you like".

Also my guess with the Amiibo level is almost accurate, it is the 2nd highest ranked level.
Curious if playing his level gives me 100 skins unlocked by default?

I don't think so. It will let you play the level, and even download and edit it, but not have access to additional tools, I don't think.

How many user created good levels can I expect right away? Should I wait a bit to see how many good levels will be available?

It all depends on the community. I expect once you get through the included levels there will be plenty of great levels available.

I could be wrong but was under the impression that the media release server was (or is going to be) scrapped/reset at release. So all of that will be gone and have to be rebuilt/reuploaded....?

Yes, that's correct.

I was thinking about the game and I just realized I don't know: can you play online multiplayer?

Nope.

Sölf

Subscribed. Will get it tomorrow at around 3:00 PM, together with Etrian Mystery Dungeon. No idea what I will play first though.

Robin64

A few minutes more editing, maybe 5, since the last delivery and this came up.

wiiu_screenshot_gamepn6rrk.jpg

Teknoman

I'm just gonna unlock stuff as it goes. Don't want to be overwhelmed with choice from the start.

Also I wish some of the creation themes were available as actual in stage music.

KeRaSh

My Wii U bundle from Amazon.de was shipped today. Hopefully it arrives early tomorrow. Got the day off and want to dig in as soon as possible! Is the time skip not necessary anymore? Would be great.

I'm not big on Mario games but I remember levels having a timer. How does that work here? Can you set how much time a player has and can you fully disable the timer for the levels you make?

Just made my first level. C017-0000-0011-EF91 if you want to check it out.

I made sure there was no unavoidable damage by deliberately not picking up any power-up when I tested the level, but there are actually many to be found so overall it should be moderately challenging.

PSqueak

Banned
I'm not big on Mario games but I remember levels having a timer. How does that work here? Can you set how much time a player has and can you fully disable the timer for the levels you make?

Havent seen people completely disable it as far as i remember, but you can adjust it.

andymcc

Banned
They would've charged more for a hardcover version since it would make it more expensive to ship.

isn't the Japanese boxed version an even lower MSRP than the US one?

i don't buy this reasoning. it's NoA being the cheapest, shittiest version of Nintendo.

Xenoboy

Rösti;178255601 said:
Nintendo's agent in Scandinavia, Bergsala, is known for extortionate prices. Back when I worked in retail (up to 2012), I was told by the KAM that "you can charge more for Nintendo games because they are, well, Nintendo games". I haven't been in contact with the company for a few years now, so I don't know if this mindset is still deployed. But if so, it could be another reason as to why Super Mario Maker is so costly in Sweden.

Also, I was hoping for a parcel in the mailbox today, but there was unfortunately nothing but flyers.

The weird thing is that some Nintendo games are cheaper and others more expensive. Mario Kart and 3D World wasn't so expensive. On the other hand Mario Maker and Yoshi cost more.

I might just cancel my Amazon order and go digital at this rate. They haven't even began processing yet and it's less than 24 hours from when I usually get packages.

I wanted digital anyway, but the book and the 10$ off on Amazon made me go with them. But knowing I can get the book anyway, I might just suck it up and go digital and just ignore the 10 dollars.

maxcriden

Interview: Yosuke Oshino On The Origins And Evolution Of Super Mario Maker

From E3 2014 to where we are now in 2015, the content included in the game has increased rapidly. Was much of this planned from the beginning, or did it evolve naturally as development progressed?

Although it hadn't been fully decided, at E3 2014 we already had the idea that we wanted the Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World game styles in addition to Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. U. And also the idea users should be able to upload their courses to a server to share with people around the world. So there wasn't any big changes to the core ideas as development went on. However, we never stopped to look for additional ways of making the game more fun, so the smaller features, including enemies and objects, have increased beyond what we originally planned.

More at the link:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...he_origins_and_evolution_of_super_mario_maker

--

I might just cancel my Amazon order and go digital at this rate. They haven't even began processing yet and it's less than 24 hours from when I usually get packages.

I wanted digital anyway, but the book and the 10$ off on Amazon made me go with them. But knowing I can get the book anyway, I might just suck it up and go digital and just ignore the 10 dollars.

If you want the Amazon package by tomorrow, it might not be too late to contact customer service immediately, ask for release date delivery for *tomorrow*, and hopefully they can make it work. If anyone can help you out with that, it's Amazon.

Amazon will sometimes send my release date deliveries the night before. It all depends on how far the distribution center is from you.

muteant

having to wait till 9pm PST is killing me ... haven't been this hyped for a video game since super mario 3D world. the fact that i quit smoking recently isn't helping matters.

OmegaFax

Are there templates to help you get started with making a level? I know there are pre-loaded levels that can be played ... but can they be edited, too?

steveovig

Tomorrow, I ain't making jackshit, EVER! Just playing on-disc levels and finding levels here and online. Amazon is apparently preparing my shipment now.

There you go everyone mad about waiting 9 days to unlock everything. Megaton! Maybe tomorrow Nintendo will announce it since it's tomorrow when the game launches officially anyways. Great news!

Nice! I could get over the 9 day wait, but it's better they made it more natural.

Tomorrow will be fun times.

cyba89

A few minutes more editing, maybe 5, since the last delivery and this came up.

(pic)

Glorious. Did not expect Ninty to change this at all, espacially not in time for release. Don't have to rely on time travel shenanigans and can unlock everything the regular way now.

Still waiting for amazon to dispatch :|

Glorious. Did not expect Ninty to change this at all, espacially not in time for release. Don't have to rely on time travel shenanigans now.

Well...the question is, is this going to be slower than it would've been otherwise?

Old clock changing method, it was 45 minutes total. Now is it going to be 8 hours or something? I still want to get those later stage elements as fast as I can. :)

Kouriozan

I guess. So far I've done 10 Mario mode once, 100 Mario mode once, and now I've just about finished my first basic level and boom, items.

Neat.
I made and uploaded 2 courses so far, 3x 10 Mario challenge and 2x 100 Mario one and nothing so far :(
I probably have 4 hours of playtime already.

eltercero

So, I received mine yesterday. This game is amazing, I'm enjoying it a lot.

I made a couple of levels. First one was horrible, but I'm not even embarrased to show you guys the second one: ED5E-0000-0011-FAC9

Just got confirmation that my copy will be ready for pickup from Best Buy tomorrow. I can head over there after work (with a new amiibo or two if I'm lucky).

Top Bottom