• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Party Jamboree announced | Nintendo Direct 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
GQXLte0WAAANBVI

Last edited:

RCU005

I'm very interested in this. It looks like it's just Superstar but with bigger boards and more mini games. No gimmicks or changes like the bad Mario Party games.

Codes 208

Gold Member
I saw the straight lines and immediately feared we were going back to the 3ds ages, and then it turned out it was strictly for the 20player online mode.

As long as the traditional mode has 4 player online im there day 1

Codes 208

Gold Member
I'm very interested in this. It looks like it's just Superstar but with bigger boards and more mini games. No gimmicks or changes like the bad Mario Party games.
The joycon controlled mini games are back so its more like super mario party (not a drastic difference mind you, but i definitely have some friends that are bummed they cant play this on their lites)

nikos

Looks good. Hopefully it has proper online play this time. Can't believe I'm still asking for that in 2024. Probably won't buy it unless it does.

Codes 208

Gold Member
Looks good. Hopefully it has proper online play this time. Can't believe I'm still asking for that in 2024. Probably won't buy it unless it does.
Tbf, SMP did eventually get it and MPSS launched with it so its not like they werent listening to the complaints

nikos

Tbf, SMP did eventually get it and MPSS launched with it so its not like they werent listening to the complaints

Didn't the update still require a lobby code to play with people who aren't your friends?

I just want to play the traditional game vs people online without a code required. Even better if two local players can play online vs two random players.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Gold Member
Didn't the update still require a lobby code to play with people who aren't your friends?

I just want to play the traditional game vs people online without a code required. Even better if two local players can play online vs two random players.
I dont recall if SMP did or not, but i know for a fact MPSS has an invite system

nikos

I dont recall if SMP did or not, but i know for a fact MPSS has an invite system

I got the two confused. MPSS did let you play with friends or with others via lobby code. The game still needs proper matchmaking.

I'm probably going to buy it anyway lol.

Codes 208

Gold Member
I got the two confused. MPSS did let you play with friends or with others via lobby code. The game still needs proper matchmaking.

I'm probably going to buy it anyway lol.
ah so randos, fair enough. I get that. I never bothered trying as i prefer playing with friends

Top Bottom