• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Run releases in March for Android

Lol.

It's a mobile app MADE TO raise awareness of Nintendo, it being released alongside the Switch won't cancel preorders.

I swear, for some, they can't do anything right.
Some people just hate on every move they make. Fire Emblem coming to 3DS, mobile and Switch? Why not Wii U?!

I don't know about this game. I really wanted to get it at first, but running through the same levels and coin-hunting is not the type of Mario game I think I want to play.

I'll probs still buy it, though. Fuck it. It's Mario on a phone.

oti

Banned
Too late.
All my money is going for Fire Emblem now.
Nintendo wins either way, I guess.

Are you already planning a budget for this game or how does this work? I never engaged with a F2P game that much and never played Gacha. I've payed some Euros for Pokémon GO here and there though.

FingerBang

Thanks, I registered to be notified when the game comes out!

I'm not a big mobile gamer but I am really interested in this one. Hopefully the strategy will be the same, with some levels free and all the others for 10$.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
This exclusivity period for mobile games is bullshit, I mean it is on consoles too.

=C

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So when in march its coming? I thought it will be launching on same day as Switch

ekgrey

So when in march its coming? I thought it will be launching on same day as Switch

Goddamnit I had missed this news originally so your bump of the thread was my first exposure and I got all excited. Seriously: where is this thing?

I was also thinking about this recently.

In fact I'm pretty sure I posted about this on Neogaf just yesterday about this somewhere on Neogaf.

Vic_Viper

Hope this comes soon, my nephew has been begging to play it but he has an android tablet and I hate to let them use my iPhone to play.

Any idea if this will be available for kindles too at the same time?

Shiggy

Hope this comes soon, my nephew has been begging to play it but he has an android tablet and I hate to let them use my iPhone to play.

Any idea if this will be available for kindles too at the same time?

Doubtful, their other apps aren't on the Amazon App Store either.

Stitch

Gold Member
I was wondering about this too. Has been showing up at the Play Store frontpage for the last few days but still no release date 😒 March 10 would've been perfect.

rhino4evr

From my experience it was a waste of $10. It relies on too much repetition of the same levels. The rewards don't justify the work needed to memorize each level three times.
A great game for obsessive gamers. Anyone looking for a smilple and fun game to play on the toilet will be bored quickly.

I knew Apple had a timed exclusive on this, but I didn't realize it still wasn't available on Android.
Im curious to know how much Apple payed.

test_account

XP-39C²
I dont think it bombed, it just isnt free to play, so it doesnt have continous sales
Maybe hes also thinking about number of downloads. What is the latest known number? I find 78 million from January, maybe its around 90 million now. That number itself is nothing small, far from it, but i remember that 1.5 billion download LTD prediction :) That also include Android, shall be interesting to see which numbers it does there.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I don't see how they can charge $10 for this on android. The game bombed on iOS which is embarrassing. They got greedy.

How did they get "greedy" when they asked for a one off payment for the game rather than opting for the dubious "play for free" model that plagues the mobile market.

Oersted

I bet they will pull a Miitomo. Last day of March, around midnight.

They did charge a $10 for a single player game that requires a nonstop active internet connection. I doubt being priced at $5 would had helped.

Noone cares about it being always online.

friz898

I bet they will pull a Miitomo. Last day of March, around midnight.

Noone cares about it being always online.

Perhaps you don't or your circle of friends.

But my wife works at a clinic that blocks out the phone signal because the way the building is made. This game would have been fun to play on breaks or lunch break or something. Unfortunately it isn't that convenient.

Also, I live in Florida panhandle near I-10. We've got a few places where there is no LTE connection for 20-30mins. Not end of world, but inconvenient to any passengers or kids.

Oersted

Well this is just categorically untrue

I certainly do, brings the value of the game to me to around 0$, since I wouldn't be able to , you know, actually play the damn thing in situations where i would like to play it.

Perhaps you don't or your circle of friends.

But my wife works at a clinic that blocks out the phone signal because the way the building is made. This game would have been fun to play on breaks or lunch break or something. Unfortunately it isn't that convenient.

Also, I live in Florida panhandle near I-10. We've got a few places where there is no LTE connection for 20-30mins. Not end of world, but inconvenient to any passengers or kids.

Noone cared about Wii U and Vita. Don't take it literal.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Really not understanding why this and FE Heroes show my Moto X Pure as an incompatible device. Pretty annoying. No issues with Miitomo or the Switch Parental Controls app. Or Pokemon Go. Or other official Pokemon apps. Or side-loading FEH, for that matter.

Don't think it's a DPI issue either, since I restored to default at times to check. Can't imagine it'd be the DU Nougat ROM either...

DJ_Lae

Downloaded it, will play on the bus ride home.

Didn't see any alert that it was available, though - not sure what the point was with registering on the game page.

Top Bottom