• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

Dr. Buni

I am still expecting new character(s). To come with the Wii U version and as DLC (paid or free) for the 3DS version later. I am also prepared for disappointments.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
In a normal world there should be some new characters revealed tonight. Unless they stick with this stupid parity thing. There should be no parity SSB 4 3ds has enough to stand on its own, it's no need to criple the Wii U version for it.

Dr. Buni

In a normal world there should be some new characters revealed tonight. Unless they stick with this stupid parity thing. There should be no parity SSB 4 3ds has enough to stand on its own, it's no need to criple the Wii U version for it.
There is nothing impeding Nintendo from release the new characters for the 3DS as DLC.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
NicoNico schedule isn't exactly reliable, is it? Didn't get the first Smash Bros Direct and the Digital Event get a 30min schedule at first as well? Both ended up significantly longer.

Right, so it's better to wait for official time which usually released like few hours before the Direct. :D

bayonetta_for_smash_bros_by_lamortdarthur-d6ihh8h.jpg

Believe.

=(

L~A

Sakurai just tweeted about the Direct:

50の理由と言ったが、ありゃあウソだ! ……なんて。
『スマブラWiiUがスゴい50の理由』、明日朝7時公開です。

新作ゲームで50も訴求点を並べられたら、それだけでもスゴい。
出たばかりのソフトの別機種版でそんなに出せたら、もっとスゴい。
ゲームにおいてかつて無い形態のプレゼンかもしれないので、お楽しみに。 #スマブラ3DS_WiiU

OMG!! SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR WII U CONFIRMED IN THIS NINTENDO DIRECT!!!!!111ononone!!1!

SeanR1221

Smash World, Master/Crazy Orders, a few new and returning stages (Great Cave Offensive, Temple...), Bowser Jr. trailer with the 8-player Smash mode, exclusive trophies, amiibos, custom characters and the Duck Hunt Duo trailer at the end.

I don't expect more than this.

Seems pretty accurate. I'm not gonna get overly hyped.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why no one ever goes for the Wonderful Ones instead is beyond me.

=\

Because we have already seen a Wonder Red trophy that basically confirmed they have little chance so people gave up.

That's why I was smart and chose to support a character who doesn't even have a chance of being deconfirmed until the game is finally out.

Azure J

Because we have already seen a Wonder Red trophy that basically confirmed they have little chance so people gave up.

That's why I was smart and chose to support a character who doesn't even have a chance of being deconfirmed until the game is finally out.

I meant that in a more general pre-disconfirmation way as well as in a "who would Nintendo be more comfortable putting on display in their featured character roster in a game that kids will play" way.

Then again, Snake.

Then again, Bayonetta.

Dr. Buni

I would prefer first party characters getting in over characters that have nothing to with Nintendo (unlike Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man).

Neoxon

If the Wii U gets anyone extra, the 3DS will get them as DLC. So sadly, no Ice Climbers this gen.

I would prefer first party characters getting in over characters that have nothing to with Nintendo (unlike Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man).

Bayo has more to do with Nintendo than Snake ever had and some people still want him in. She'd fit right in, summoning demons for her final smash. She and Samus could be bffs! The ultimate female power duo!

Neoxon

Bayo has more to do with Nintendo than Snake ever had and some people still want him in. She'd fit right in, summoning demons for her final smash. She and Samus could be bffs! The ultimate female power duo!
But Sonic already took the Sega slot for Smash. Unless Nintendo buys the Bayonetta IP from Sega, she isn't getting in.

I cannot believe it. I'm in job training this week and our instructor cancelled this morning.

he probably cancelled to watch this

But Sonic already took the Sega slot for Smash. Unless Nintendo buys the Bayonetta IP from Sega, she isn't getting in.

Then they should buy the IP or take Sonic out. There's already enough blue people from Fire Emblem.

I know her chances are low, but I'll keep hoping.

Neoxon

Then they should buy the IP or take Sonic out. There's already enough blue people from Fire Emblem.

I know her chances are low, but I'll keep hoping.
They're not taking Sonic out, the backlash would be huge. Plus he was Nintendo's biggest rival in the 90's. He's much more important to Nintendo than Bayonetta.

Top Bottom