• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi

Narroo

A person on tumblr made this

IveG8Ij.jpg

I will not apologize for posting it

Actually, it looks a lot better because the designs/proportions aren't so totally off. Luigi has a proper body, as opposed to Knuckles.

So, about Lucario. He get's better recovery the more damage he takes, huh? Might help his game plan a bit. Before he had to always lag behind to be strong, but with a recovery that improves that should severely reduce that effect.

Depending on how long his up-B gets and how well it controls, it might even become silly and give him a major advantage to be at high damage.

SmithnCo

We haven't seen a Pyrosphere hazard yet, have we? Weird considering how many pics it got. I guess there are those lava spires but they might just be in the background.

Ridley probably comes in and craps lava all over the stage just so we can continue the tradition of annoying Metroid hazards.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Actually, I have a weird feeling about Ridley.

Sakurai didn't straight out gave us the name of Ridley. He did same thing with Palutena. I know that he's teasing the fan bases about Ridley and Palutena. I would like to point it out that they were mentioned along with their stage reveals.
Also both stages were boss battles where you would fought against both characters at.
That made me think that Ridley have a chance to be playable character. I could be dearly wrong but who know.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If Ridley is a stage hazard I hope it isn't like in DoD Dimensions. Where he grabs you and interrupts gameplay. Course he could just grab you during gameplay and slam you into the stage.

Neiteio

Sakurai didn't straight out gave us the name of Ridley. He did same thing with Palutena. I know that he's teasing the fan bases about Ridley and Palutena. I would like to point it out that they were mentioned along with their stage reveals.
Also both stages were boss battles where you would fought against both characters at.
That made me think that Ridley have a chance to be playable character. I could be dearly wrong but who know.
Or it could go the other way, and Palutena and Ridley are both stage hazards. (The WiiU stage being Palutena's Temple when Palutena
is possessed and hostile
, after all.)

It's hard to say. I want them to both be playable, though.

Dr. Buni

If we can't have Ridley, give us (us = Metroid fans) at least Dark Samus, Rundas or something. Only one Metroid rep in the fourth Smash game would be really sad.

Akai

It honestly makes no sense for Pyrosphere to be a stage, out of all the arguably better potential choices from Other M (such as the Control Bridge!) unless Ridley is a stage hazard in it. Unless Alfonso becomes the stage hazard when Ridley's in...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yay I'm not in the wall of shame! (Probably because of recovery)

We still don't know the moveset of the newcomers right?

Replace Ike with Chrom (or any other Awakening character) and Wolf with a newcomer.

Aside from those, the best I've seen yet.
image.php

Servbot24

Banned
I think Zelda should get one more rep.

Obviously Toon Zelda is a horrible idea and anyone who suggests it is probably a horrible person. That much is clear.

But these are the characters I would like to see:

1. Skull Kid
2. Midna
3. Young Link - transforms into Deku, Goron and Zora Link.

Ghirahim isn't worthy.

-Horizon-

Obviously Toon Zelda is a horrible idea and anyone who suggests it is probably a horrible person. That much is clear.

1. Skull Kid
2. Midna

Ghirahim isn't worthy.

Midna by herself or with Wolf Link?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
but Skull Kid is already in.... as an assist trophy!

Speaking of which why is Ashley not in the Assist Trophy shots?

Sponge

Banned
The Sonic Boom show and games are being made exclusively for Western audiences, not releasing in Japan at all, so I think it's safe to assume that there will be no influence from it in Smash Bros.

Not just Smash Bros, but the Sonic Franchise as a whole. Sonic Boom is it's own thing, and we're still keeping the Sonic we know now.

Dr. Buni

1. Skull Kid
2. Midna

Ghirahim isn't worthy.
Skull Kid is an assist trophy. And Ghirahim is worthy. :p

Ghirahim and Midna are one-shot characters whose ships have sailed and who definitely don't deserve to be playable in Smash.

The only truly worthy characters to take the fifth Zelda slot are Tingle and Impa, and the former really ought to get his own franchise symbol anyway.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
GUys I was watching the legend of zelda 25 year anniversary symphony on youtube and watching the MM portion of it and it hit me, sakurai should make a legend of zelda wiiU version of MM of clock town but the moon is coming down and having the awesome burning up effect and you can see tiny bricks and things ripping up off the buildings and such and going into the air while the characters fight on a certain building thats kinda in the middle but not fully and it would look beautiful, godammit I need to contact sakurai.

Ryce

1. Skull Kid
2. Midna

Ghirahim isn't worthy.
Skull Kid's an Assist Trophy, Midna is not important, and we already have Toon Link.

If the Zelda series gets a newcomer, it's going to be Toon Zelda/Tetra. It's not a matter of personal taste -- she's objectively the only Zelda character left with a significant enough role to warrant playability.

1. She was planned for Brawl, but there wasn't enough time to include her.
  2. Toon Zelda and/or Tetra appears in a handful of games, including three released since Brawl's roster was decided upon: Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Wind Waker HD.
Laugh at me now all you want, but you'll see that I'm right by the end of the year.

Vidiot

1. Skull Kid
2. Midna

Ghirahim isn't worthy.

I agree on the toon Zelda thing. She's just not needed. I would want Skull Kid but he's an assist. Midna seems highly unlikely and we really don't need a third Link IMO. People have said Impa but she honestly wouldn't excite me. Tingle had been mentioned a bunch too, but I personally don't want him either.

Even though Zelda is my favorite video game series I think I'm happy with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. There just doesn't seem to be anyone else in the series that has played an important role in the series overall. Demise would be cool but he's kinda a one shot wonder. We'll see what happens there I guess.

Dr. Buni

Ghirahim and Midna are one-shot characters whose ships have sailed and who definitely don't deserve to be playable in Smash.

The only truly worthy characters to take the fifth Zelda slot are Tingle and Impa, and the former really ought to get his own franchise symbol anyway.
I agree about Ghirahim and Midna being one-shot characters, but Tingle? Nah, fuck Tingle. Why not Vaati then? He is in quite a few Zelda games.

Or better, why not a second Metroid rep instead?

Kjellson

One Zelda character I'm surprised more people aren't suggesting more often is Ganon. The blue pig version that is.

That would be my Zelda pick.

Skull Kid's an Assist Trophy, Midna is not important, and we already have Toon Link.

If the Zelda series gets a newcomer, it's going to be Toon Zelda/Tetra. It's not a matter of personal taste -- she's objectively the only Zelda character left with a significant enough role to warrant playability.

1. She was planned for Brawl, but there wasn't enough time to include her.
  2. Toon Zelda and/or Tetra appears in a handful of games, including three released since Brawl's roster was decided upon: Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Wind Waker HD.
Laugh at me now all you want, but you'll see that I'm right by the end of the year.

Thinking about it, I suppose this makes sense. I also don't care for Ghirahim and I never saw the appeal of Impa.

Or it could just be my Wind Waker bias. :p

Kyzon

Ghirahim is in multiple games. Allow me to spoil you.

Dark Link brandishes him against Link. He and Fi clash for all of eternity.

Fanon ;)

Calvero

Banned
GUys I was watching the legend of zelda 25 year anniversary symphony on youtube and watching the MM portion of it and it hit me, sakurai should make a legend of zelda wiiU version of MM of clock town but the moon is coming down and having the awesome burning up effect and you can see tiny bricks and things ripping up off the buildings and such and going into the air while the characters fight on a certain building thats kinda in the middle but not fully and it would look beautiful, godammit I need to contact sakurai.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN

Top Bottom