• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi

Platy

Does we need to replace Ridley with Yoshi in the cycle ????

Did people FINALY gave up of whining about Riddley every damn time ? =P

Gartooth

I still can't believe the Sonic news today, thank god he got his normal design in Smash Bros. XD
Still would've preferred classic Sonic.

Neiteio

I wonder if we might get something Sonic-related tonight, to correspond with the announcement of Sonic Boom as the third exclusive in the Sonic deal for WiiU and 3DS.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I wonder if we might get something Sonic-related tonight, to correspond with the announcement of Sonic Boom as the third exclusive in the Sonic deal for WiiU and 3DS.

That might make sense, especially as it is Nintendo-exclusive. Though I'm not sure what Sonic related thing they might show that could be new. An assist trophy?

Neiteio

That might make sense, especially as it is Nintendo-exclusive. Though I'm not sure what Sonic related thing they might show that could be new. An assist trophy?
Honestly, I don't expect it to happen tonight, or necessarily to happen at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai moved the goal-post yet again, and introduced a second Sonic newcomer. Possibly Tails, or Knuckles.

Or heck, make Sonic a three-in-one character, Pokemon Trainer-style, where you switch between Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

Point is, Sonic is important enough to Nintendo these days that Sakurai might see fit to double up on that particular third-party franchise.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Duck Hunt Dog is more likely than another Sonic rep.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We never saw the sonic stage again after the sonic "trailer" ....
Yes we did.

jmQ5qYlqbNMt3.jpg

Yoshi may not even be revealed in March. Yoshi's New Island is set for Summer 2014 in Japan. We may not get Yoshi revealed until summer unless Sakurai decides to coincide a reveal with a western release date. They may share a Japanese release date in the next Nintendo Direct.

Don't be destroying my hopes, man.

Waiting until summer for him would be a nightmare.

What is this Blasphemy?

Don't you dare try and extend-

You lot are sooooo picky.

cnBZiX8.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Anbec7

We can all be grateful that they did not use the sonic boom design....

but I could eat my words if the scarf and bandages become an alt costume..

Tyeforce

The Sonic Boom show and games are being made exclusively for Western audiences, not releasing in Japan at all, so I think it's safe to assume that there will be no influence from it in Smash Bros.

Neiteio

The Sonic Boom show and games are exclusive to Western audiences, not releasing in Japan at all, so I think it's safe to assume that there will be no influence from it in Smash Bros.
Wow, I didn't catch that detail. The games aren't releasing in Japan??

zroid

Banned
Wow, I didn't catch that detail. The games aren't releasing in Japan??

I don't know if that's true, but Sonic games sell terribly in Japan as it is, so a "westernized" title would probably not even be worth the effort to localize

Dr. Buni

We can all be grateful that they did not use the sonic boom design....

but I could eat my words if the scarf and bandages become an alt costume..
I actually like Boom Sonic's design more than Modern Sonic's, so no I am not grateful :p

I would be grateful if Sonic had its classic design in Smash.

Question for my fellow smashers. Who are the best players for DK and Bowser in Brawl? I want to watch some vids to learn a few things about these 2 bruisers.

Question for my fellow smashers. Who are the best players for DK and Bowser in Brawl? I want to watch some vids to learn a few things about these 2 bruisers.

um.......
Will for DK and Vex for Bowser?
lol

now if you had said MK I'd just tell you to look up any Brawl match

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
everyone knows there's only one blue smash character that matters

GIF OF THE DAY:

falcopeepee74s8b.gif

Man, Falco was so good in Melee, if not a bit OP. He was one of the only character that I consistently like using. I hope he gets a return to his former glory in Smash 4.

qq more

Honestly, I don't expect it to happen tonight, or necessarily to happen at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai moved the goal-post yet again, and introduced a second Sonic newcomer. Possibly Tails, or Knuckles.

Or heck, make Sonic a three-in-one character, Pokemon Trainer-style, where you switch between Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

Point is, Sonic is important enough to Nintendo these days that Sakurai might see fit to double up on that particular third-party franchise.

I feel you're reading into this too much. Sonic Boom is the last game for the deal between Nintendo and Sega. I don't think this influences the roster at all. Not to mention if Sonic gets a 2nd rep then so should Mega Man and Snake. It's not fair if Sonic is the only one with 2 reps.

Dr. Buni

well... let's hope for DLC!
Nintendo could win tons of money with that!
Yep. If there is a series I'd be okay with DLC, this series is Smash Bros!
I feel that you might be expecting a bit too much. If Sonic gets a 2nd rep then so should Mega Man and Snake. It's not fair if Sonic is the only one with 2 reps.
Snake, yes. Mega Man, nope, since this is the first game he will be in. Sonic and Snake were in Brawl, so if the Sonic series is getting a second rep (it isn't), Metal Gear should as well. Then again, perhaps not even Snake himself is returning.

qq more

Yep. If there is a series I'd be okay with DLC, this series is Smash Bros!

Snake, yes. Mega Man, nope, since this is the first game he will be in. Sonic and Snake were in Brawl, so if the Sonic series is getting a second rep (it isn't), Metal Gear should as well. Then again, perhaps not even Snake himself is returning.

Third parties are guest characters, I don't think seniority would matter.

Sonic and Link both wearing scarfs :O
Year of Luigi officially over, Year of the Scarf begins! What a glorious year it will be! Imagine the awesomeness of this? Scarf alts for everyone! Scarf Kirby, Scarf Ganondorf, Scarf DeDeDe, Scarf ROB, Protoman, Scarf Wii Fit Trainer!

Also, smash getting re titled to Super Scarf Bros: Crochet

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
The third party franchise with the most Nintendo content should be the only one that gets another rep (Sorry, Snake). There are far too many Nintendo characters left to start beefing up the third party selection anyway.

I doubt there will be more than 3 third party characters in the game to begin with, let alone one third party franchise getting multiples.

Shun

Year of Luigi officially over, Year of the Scarf begins! What a glorious year it will be! Imagine the awesomeness of this? Scarf alts for everyone! Scarf Kirby, Scarf Ganondorf, Scarf DeDeDe, Scarf ROB, Protoman, Scarf Wii Fit Trainer!

Also, smash getting re titled to Super Scarf Bros: Crochet

Nope, Cat alternates. Bowser Final Smash to Meowser, Bunny Ears turn into Cat Ears and tail, Nekomimi alternates, Sakurai's cat makes a cameo as an alternate for the Nintendogs Assist Trophy, Cat Suit becomes an item, Cat everything.

Snake needs to be cut and replaced by Simon Belmont. Then we would have the holy retro trinity in the game.

Don't you dare, Snake is staying.

We don't need Pac Man or the likes of any other nostaljunk characters back. As much as I like Castlevania, Konami ain't letting that ship sail and Based Kojima will let Snake return.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
At this rate, we might go through another whole thread before that happens.

I seriously doubt it since we are pretty sure that we will get Feb's bimonthly Direct.

In this thread, Palutena will be confirmed
someday

I really hope that we would see Palutena this month or next month, but I'm pretty sure that this thread will last through until end of March, I hope. Only reason why Thread 4 were done so fast because of Palutena Leak, Teams War, etc.

Thread 5 already!? Holy crap I've missed a lot.

Indeed, and welcome back if you are going to stay around here for awhile.

So we decided to go with a yoshi title afterall, eh.

Yep, if you have few better suggestions then please let me know. I already have 4 suggestions on first page.

Your avatar just made me think of something, although it's too late I guess

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: The Phantom's Pain

:lol

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: When IntelliHeath has an emergency Alfonzo is in charge of the thread. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

No doubt that's too large :p

Shun

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Troy Baker. Actor For Ocelot. Sold Me Weed. Hard To Get In Japan.

tumblr_n08yuastXt1qf6niwo1_500.png

Snake is returning ladies and gents.

Dr. Buni

Whoever created this images, please add King Dedede to the comparison, but at same time its better to wait until we get Feb 13 reveal.
I did the second one, but as you said, I think it is better to wait for another reveal that might happen sooner than later.

Top Bottom