• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamefreak

Neo Member
Also, I wouldn't worry about your 3DS breaking. Anyone having the circle pad come off isn't playing the game correctly, it's no fault of Smash.

That's like saying "I wouldn't worry about you getting cancer. Anyone getting cancer isn't living life correctly." Stop being self-righteous and face the fact that not all 3DSes are created equally, there could be some inferior materials used in certain production run. Soft plastic is prone to break in pieces; adhesive used to attach the pad might be less sticky after a while, also the spring inside the unit is really delicate. I have never been too rough with my 3DSLL, but the spring snapped and got caught inside the unit, and the circle pad just stuck. And I'm the one to blame?

I have never had to repair my Nintendo consoles, all my other Nintendo consoles years ago still work perfectly fine, but I'm starting to see many people having their circle pads come off and what not, may be it's time for Nintendo to figure out a better way to make those circle pads? I will be buying the New 3DSLL as my back up, and I hope it will be made of more durable materials.

And who's to say what is the "correct" way to play the game? Competitive smashers might want to test something out and pull off something difficult; Casual players might just want to walk around and enjoy the game. To each his own, I wouldn't go as far as saying who got their pad come off is not playing the game "correctly", just saying.

and some horrifying pictures from internet.
BxYZuDHCMAANcTU.jpg

BxZ5K1oCYAEOUCv.jpg

BxXUl0XCEAE0rUJ.jpg

BxZlZFFCAAAxdZu.jpg

Dr. Buni

Random question:
The Wii U version is going to have more music, right? Both games have exclusive tracks?

Would be a shame if that Gaur Plain remix used in the Shulk trailer wasn't in the actual game.
Not sure about exclusive tracks, but yes, the Wii U version doesn't have the stupid "two songs per stage" limitation, so it will have a lot of more music.

Unbounded

Mewtwo's trophy...

That model, that icon.

I fully expect an animation with IC's, Mewtwo, Lucas, and one other character having their trophies revived in smash 64 style.

EDIT: Also, anyone found any mention of Issac or Ray mk II yet?

Zalman

Random question:
The Wii U version is going to have more music, right? Both games have exclusive tracks?

Would be a shame if that Gaur Plain remix used in the Shulk trailer wasn't in the actual game.
The Wii U version will probably have twice as many tracks. Not sure if some of the 3DS stuff will stay exclusive, but we'll see.

Yeah. I love playing as villains. There's just something inherently cool about it. Probably helps because they're usually rarely playable in their actual games.

Bums me out how slim the pickings are. Ganondorf's really the only evil one now.
I am right there with you, though I will often pick monster-like characters as well. So Charizard is also interesting to me. I am also loving Megaman in the demo. Sakurai really gave villain lovers the short end of the stick. Hopefully we get more with the Wii U release.

After playing the demo for a couple of hours, I can definitely say that my hype for this game has risen to levels of uncharted territory. I was actually not going to get the 3DS version and was waiting for the WiiU version to be released(til the club nintendo soundtrack deal was announced), but after playing this demo... Digital version day 1!

Surprisingly, I actually do like how Megaman plays. I didn't think I would after watching various vids online. I look forward to trying the other new comers as well~ Pikachu might be a little sad that I put him on the sidelines temporarily D:

..oh and I think random is broken in the demo or maybe Link just wants revenge now that he's no longer owning me lol. 9 times out of 10 its him that shows up via random .-. Hopefully that wont be a problem in the full version.

Camjo-Z

Wait a second, I'm listening to the game's soundtrack on Youtube and apparently there's a Murasame Castle remix medley? Where does that play?

That's like saying "I wouldn't worry about you getting cancer. Anyone getting cancer isn't living life correctly." Stop being self-righteous and face the fact that not all 3DSes are created equally, there could be some inferior materials used in certain production run. Soft plastic is prone to break in pieces; adhesive used to attach the pad might be less sticky after a while, also the spring inside the unit is really delicate. I have never been too rough with my 3DSLL, but the spring snapped and got caught inside the unit, and the circle pad just stuck. And I'm the one to blame?

I have never had to repair my Nintendo consoles, all my other Nintendo consoles years ago still work perfectly fine, but I'm starting to see many people having their circle pads come off and what not, may be it's time for Nintendo to figure out a better way to make those circle pads? I will be buying the New 3DSLL as my back up, and I hope it will be made of more durable materials.

And who's to say what is the "correct" way to play the game? Competitive smashers might want to test something out and pull off something difficult; Casual players might just want to walk around and enjoy the game. To each his own, I wouldn't go as far as saying who got their pad come off is not playing the game "correctly", just saying.

It's not anything like getting cancer. If you're mashing your circle pad in a way that would cause it to break, you're not using the circle pad properly. If you use it properly, it won't break.

It's like blaming the Wiimote for when you throw it through your TV. You were using it improperly.

Made a list of presumed trophies I've yet to see from this game.

Iggy
Lemmy
Ludwig
Morton Jr.
Roy

Color TV Game - 15
Nightmare
Shadow the Hedgehog
Hammer Bro
Kat & Ana
Saki
Sheriff

Assist Trophy
Blue Shell
Boss Galaga
Capsule
Dragoon
Deku Nut
Killer Eye
Grass
Hothead
Hotocate Bomb
Lip's Stick
Motion Sensor Bomb
Pokeball
POW Block
Ray Gun
Sandbag
Smart Bomb
Special Flag
Star Rod
Super Leaf
Super Scope
X-Bomb

Darkrai
Goldeen
Spewpa
Swirlix

Shaymin (appears on Unova Pokemon League)
Milotic (appears on Unova Pokemon League)
Whismiscott (appears on Unova Pokemon League)

Bullet Bill
Chandelure
Yellow Ghost
Pooka
Souflee
Blue Kritter (maybe included with Green Kritter)
Poe
16 bit Cucco

Including these (assuming they are actually trophies), that would be a grand total of 631 trophies so about 55 left unaccounted for. Here's my list if you want to double check

Gamefreak

Neo Member
It's not anything like getting cancer. If you're mashing your circle pad in a way that would cause it to break, you're not using the circle pad properly. If you use it properly, it won't break.

It's like blaming the Wiimote for when you throw it through your TV. You were using it improperly.

Looks like you didn't even bother reading the rest of what I wrote.
It's exactly like getting cancer, there is always a chance to break your circle pad, it's just the rougher you're with you 3DS, the more likely it will break; just like the shittier life-style you have, the more likely you will get cancer.

You don't even know if the materials are at fault, and you just blame whoever have the circle pad come off for not playing the game correctly. Really?

Unbounded

Made a list of presumed trophies I've yet to see from this game.

Iggy
Lemmy
Ludwig
Morton Jr.
Roy

Color TV Game - 15
Nightmare
Shadow the Hedgehog
Hammer Bro
Kat & Ana
Saki
Sheriff

Assist Trophy
Blue Shell
Boss Galaga
Capsule
Dragoon
Deku Nut
Eye Turret
Grass
Hothead
Hotocate Bomb
Lip's Stick
Motion Sensor Bomb
Pokeball
POW Block
Ray Gun
Sandbag
Smart Bomb
Special Flag
Star Rod
Super Leaf
Super Scope
X-Bomb

Darkrai
Goldeen
Spewpa
Swirlix

Shaymin (appears on Unova Pokemon League)
Milotic (appears on Unova Pokemon League)
Whismiscott (appears on Unova Pokemon League)

Bullet Bill
Chandelure
Yellow Ghost
Pooka
Souflee
Blue Kritter (maybe included with Green Kritter)
Poe
16 bit Cucco (maybe included with regular Cucco trophy)

Including these (assuming they are actually trophies), that would be a grand total of 613 trophies so about 55 left unaccounted for. Here's my list if you want to double check

Issac and Ray mk II aren't on either list.

Trade the frog for the bird and i'm in.
parakeet-noscale.jpg

I'm sure the Gematsu leaker confused the Nintendo Sound budgies with the Chorus Kids, the latter is a ridiculous idea. Who would want a Rhythm Heaven rep when we still don't have a Nintendo Sound rep? These three budgies are way more significant than those silly Chorus Kids.
nintendo-3ds-sound.png

Looks like you didn't even bother reading the rest of what I wrote.
It's exactly like getting cancer, there is always a chance to break your circle pad, it's just the rougher you're with you 3DS, the more likely it will break; just like the shittier life-style you have, the more likely you will get cancer.

You don't even know if the materials are at fault, and you just blame whoever have the circle pad come off for not playing the game correctly. Really?
No, it's not anything like cancer. If you're talking about factory defects, that's something else, but that's not Smash's fault. If you play the game properly, a functioning 3DS won't break.

Unbounded

I haven't seen proof that their assist trophies or even in the game, along with Jill

That's.... weird, actually.

I'd assume that they would have regular trophies at the very least, especially considering that there's apparently a trophy for a 16 bit cucco in your post.

Meh.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh yeah, that "1 Pokeball Limit", unless Sakurai lied, won't be in the Wii U Version...one POTD shows Xerneas and Victini out at the same time.
DLC confirmed!

I think it's 3DS only but we don't know yet. Sakurai can do whatever he want to with debug mode.

Just cleared it!
  • Take first place in a five-person battle at the end of Smash Run
  • Perform a 40-hit combo in Training
  • Unlock all fighters
  • Create 3 custom characters in the Character Maker
  • Break a total of 1000 boxes in Trophy Smash
  • Earn a total of 100 KOs in VS Mode
  • Collect 150 trophies
  • Earn a total high score of 2,000,000 in Smash Bomber
  • StreetPass with at least 5 people in StreetPass Smash
  • Earn a score of 10 or higher in Rival Multi-Man Smash
  • Play on Living Room 3 times
  • Slam one player into another to KO 10 players in StreetPass Smash
  • Collect 25 different kinds of gear (i.e. items you bring with you) in Smash Run
  • Complete 100-Man Melee
  • Break 99% of the wall during the Staff Roll
  • Complete Classic Mode with 5 characters
  • Play on Find Mii 3 times
  • Take first place with Meta Knight in 5 VS matches
  • Unlock Mr. Game & Watch
  • Destroy Master Core
  • KO 20 people with a counterattack in StreetPass Smash
  • Hit the Sandbag 600m in Home Run Contest
  • KO 30 fighters in Endless Melee
  • Play Smash Run 5 times
  • Unlock all stages
  • Play VS Mode for a total of 10 hours (total play time x number of participants)
  • Take first place with Samus in 10 VS matches
  • Collect 15 types of Custom Special Moves
  • Collect 5 Mii Fighter outfits
  • Earn a total of 300 KOs in VS Mode
  • Play Home Run Contest with 15 characters
  • Create 8 Mii Fighters in the Character Maker
  • Collect 10 Mii Fighter hats
  • Complete All-Star Mode on Normal
  • Have the game on for a total of 8 hours

Thanks! :D I'm looking forward to challenge #3 board

Status
Not open for further replies.