• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked Man

I said wow
Waitaminute, when did Wolf beat Fox in SF canonically?

As someone with very little SF knowledge, I'm not totally sure, but according to the Star Fox Wikia:

During the bomb incident on the planet Fichina, Wolf was ordered by Andross to take down any form of rebellion by any means necessary – including the presence of Star Fox. Fox McCloud and his team arrived not too long after receiving orders from General Pepper to take care of the situation, disposing of Andross's forces without delay. Before being able to diffuse the bomb, Wolf and his team approached from the planet’s skies to defend the base in which the bomb had been planted. A long dogfight ensued to create a diversion from Fox in accomplishing his mission. Star Wolf either failed or won depending on if the player shot down all the members, leading Wolf to seek revenge against Star Fox for his own personal reasons or laughing victoriously and shouting, "Looks like we win today, Star Fox!" as he and his team flew off into space and got paid a huge sum of money from Andross.

Maybe the trophy and/or the Wikia is wrong? I'm probably not the one to ask about chronology and whatnot. D:

Thanks for the list of challenge, a friend was looking for one !

BTW, could you translate Mewtwo's trophy too please ? (not sure if it was already done)

"This Pokémon was artificially engineered into existence by manipulating DNA taken from the legendary Mew and maximizing its fighting capabilities. Mewtwo was bred of bloodlust, and the scientists who created him exploited his incredible powers to take down their enemies. Although many of Mew's attributes carried over to its successor, Mewtwo unfortunately did not inherit his forebearer's kindhearted nature--but he may not be entirely without emotion. One can detect a faint trace of anguish in his expression, a sign of pain and suffering his coldhearted creators will never know."

Revven

So apparently Falco's third Laser custom replicates Fox's fast, no stun lasers. Custom 2 better be charge laser!

Custom 2 is a lightning ball laser that hits multiple times like PK Fire but the last hit is a pop-up hit. It activates on shields, as well. Probably will be Falco's better laser in the end, I'd think. Oh it also has windboxes on it for some reason.

If you're wondering how I know this, TKBreezy had unlocked this custom move yesterday on-stream on vgbootcamp and messed with it.

Does anyone know the name of the poster who made those iPhone versus wallpapers? I wanted to ask for a request, but I forgot! It would be greatly appreciated!

3mdOOoi.png

;-;7

"Lucas used to be weak-willed, and cry all the time. However, he overcame unimaginable hardships, and must surely be out adventuring somewhere right now. Or perhaps, he's found a partner and made a family of his own... No, no, that feels too soon. To fans of the MOTHER series, both Lucas and Ness might be young boys for all eternity."

this is most definitely a hint for a Mother 3 US release on 3ds right?

Or Mother 4..

Why do I do this to myself..

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
As someone with very little SF knowledge, I'm not totally sure, but according to the Star Fox Wikia:

Maybe the trophy is wrong? I'm probably not the one to ask about chronology and whatnot. D:

Hah not to worry, trophies tend to miss out details even as far back as in Melee.

Yeah that happened in 64 but it's an optional path and you still end up fighting them later iirc

thanks for translating btw!

I can't help but be angry with the 3DS version and wish it didn't exist. Also, I would MUCH rather have one feature-packed version than two games with lacking content that are only fully-featured if you consider them both "together as one". Sorry I'm being bitter right now, lol.
The 3DS version was always planned first as Smash 4. You can blame Nintendo for pushing for Wii U version to be developed at the same time. Smash 5 would have probably been 2016 if they went with the original idea.
That being said I do wish they went with the original idea and made the 3DS version first and then make the Wii U one rather than co-developing it.

Sakura

I tried cranking up Simple Mode to level 9 because why not right? I can win against level 9 CPUs in regular battles no problem. Such a bad idea.

Lost of the first fight like 3 times before the game was like, nah this is too hard for you let's bump it down. Oh well, least I unlocked Ganondorf, I think he was my main back in Melee.

Kouichi

Custom 2 is a lightning ball laser that hits multiple times like PK Fire but the last hit is a pop-up hit. It activates on shields, as well. Probably will be Falco's better laser in the end, I'd think. Oh it also has windboxes on it for some reason.

If you're wondering how I know this, TKBreezy had unlocked this custom move yesterday on-stream on vgbootcamp and messed with it.

Oh that sounds pretty cool. Have Falco's other customs been seen or detailed anywhere yet?

fanboss

"This Pokémon was artificially engineered into existence by manipulating DNA taken from the legendary Mew and maximizing its fighting capabilities. Mewtwo was bred of bloodlust, and the scientists who created him exploited his incredible powers to take down their enemies. Although many of Mew's attributes carried over to its successor, Mewtwo unfortunately did not inherit his forebearer's kindhearted nature--but he may not be entirely without emotion. One can detect a faint trace of anguish in his expression, a sign of pain and suffering his coldhearted creators will never know."

Thank you so much !

Yeah. I love playing as villains. There's just something inherently cool about it. Probably helps because they're usually rarely playable in their actual games.

Bums me out how slim the pickings are. Ganondorf's really the only evil one now.
At least we got a replacement for Wolf with Dark Pit!

Listened to the OST, great remixes but I can't help but feel Metroid, DK and Sonic were jipped in that department. You could've made some new music for them unless they are in the Wii U version.

Masked Man

I said wow
Hah not to worry, trophies tend to miss out details even as far back as in Melee.

Yeah that happened in 64 but it's an optional path and you still end up fighting them later iirc

thanks for translating btw!

Ah, I guess they were just talking about the alternate(?) chronology, then?

Man, translating these in-game would be a nightmare unless you have the chronology and lots of resources for every single series on-hand. D:

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah, I guess they were just talking about the alternate(?) chronology, then?

Man, translating these in-game would be a nightmare unless you have the chronology and lots of resources for every single series on-hand. D:

I wonder how the localization team would translate this.

I would argue Bowser Jr. + Duck Hunt Dog are evil.

Jr is villain, but not Duck Hunt.

Revven

Oh that sounds pretty cool. Have Falco's other customs been seen or detailed anywhere yet?

His other customs are kind of lackluster from what I saw on vgbootcamp's stream (they got almost all of them except the last laser).

Custom 2 Side B is a shorter Side B but it's stronger at the initial hit and pops people up instead of meteoring them. I think I saw it do 20-something damage on the Sandbag??

Custom 3 Side B is still shorter than the default but I forget exactly what it does when it hits people.

His custom 2 Up B is a weird Firehop thing. Falco sort of just launches himself up a short distance. It's weird.

Custom 3 Up B is a slightly longer but also slower traveling version of his default Up B

Custom 3 Down B is a red shine that pops people up, almost similar in angle to his old shine in Melee. Though it doesn't look like you can really follow-up with it, however, you can probably KO people off the top with it if you're high enough in the air and you haven't staled it.

Custom 2 Down B is an even weaker version of the default Down B but it is faster overall. Probably won't be very good.

Those are all off the top of my head atm. I might be remembering some things incorrectly, though.

JoeM86

So, I've spotted these on Prism Tower

BxgCabCCIAEMvQY.png:large
Bxf8eVMCAAAArBp.png:large

And these in addition to Reshiram, Zekrom and Milotic on N's Castle

Bxf9eJVCcAEjItt.png:large
Bxf9edXCcAAShC_.png:large

Anyone spot anything else?

Hatchtag

Banned
Yeah. I love playing as villains. There's just something inherently cool about it. Probably helps because they're usually rarely playable in their actual games.

Bums me out how slim the pickings are. Ganondorf's really the only evil one now.

Ridley killed another character on the rosters family right in front of their own eyes.
Itd be damn fun to put them together in a team battle.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well as far as the soundtrack goes it looks like there are no Metroid remix tracks. And not a single Prime track even with Dark Samus. Also odd Magnus Theme isn't here.

Maybe Wii U?

Heropon

Ridley killed another character on the rosters family right in front of their own eyes.
Itd be damn fun to put them together in a team battle.

That reminds me of when a Zangoose and a Seviper allied to attack me in Pokémon. Never understimate what having a common enemy does.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Is there a move input list somewhere?

Or, how do I do the spin attack with Link?

Yes, I'm serious and I suck at Smash. Last played Melee.

Kouichi

His other customs are kind of lackluster from what I saw on vgbootcamp's stream (they got almost all of them except the last laser).

Thank you! I'll check the stream archives, so I can get a good look at all of these. A few of them sound interesting.

NTom64

Random question:
The Wii U version is going to have more music, right? Both games have exclusive tracks?

Would be a shame if that Gaur Plain remix used in the Shulk trailer wasn't in the actual game.

Kinsei

Banned
Random question:
The Wii U version is going to have more music, right? Both games have exclusive tracks?

Would be a shame if that Gaur Plain remix used in the Shulk trailer wasn't in the actual game.

Yes, the Wii U version will have more music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom