• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, here they are (missing 2 of them)

ZSS Moves!

When I press b on the standard move, it just does a back air kick, and not a spike. With the custom, it spikes BACKWARDS, all the way to the ground. So if you're flipping OVER an enemy, it will hit them once you go over them.

Yeah, looks like the P:M one. I like that better, but it might be redundant if she has the same dair as Brawl.

If no one here translates them someone I know on another forum might, he was also interested in seeing ZSS specials.

Thanks tons for posting these though. And you're getting them really quick too!

-Horizon-

I know it's not that much of an issue, but I really hope the next game will have slightly better facial animation.

tumblr_nbx6bjLXb11qkq1zyo1_400.gif

Glubglubglubglub.

Hahaha

georly

Yeah, looks like the P:M one. I like that better, but it might be redundant if she has the same dair as Brawl.

If no one here translates them someone I know on another forum might, he was also interested in seeing ZSS specials.

Thanks tons for posting these though. And you're getting them really quick too!

Well, feel free to share :p

Yeah, it was 2 smash run runs and I unlocked all of those, luckily.

AdaWong

Also lol at one of ZSS win poses.

*raises her leg and rotates in circular motion*
*ends animation*

"HA!"

georly

Cruel mode is TOO DAMN HARD. I'll never be able to unlock those two challenges. Q__Q

What are they? So far i've had 0 kills, lol, but i've only tried a small handful of times.

Worst fears confirmed.

There's a reason I never got all the unlockables in Brawl.

Every other challenge has been pretty easy, so far. Even lvl 9 classic mode isn't too bad w/ captain falcon.

2 kills and 4 kills.

That seems doable w/ the right strategy/fighter, probably. Just gotta figure out what that is, I suppose.

Golnei

Look at you Dark Pit. Daddy gave you your own victory music.

This feels...familiar.

600px-Meta_Knight_VPs.png

Though obviously not every character can have their own theme, why not bring back the Melee fanfares for characters that would otherwise share them with another?

This feels...familiar.

600px-Meta_Knight_VPs.png

Though obviously not every character can have their own theme, why not bring back the Melee fanfares for characters that would otherwise share them with another?
I never understood why Meta Knight had an electric guitar remix either haha, especially since his theme in the game is jazzy.

Dark Pit's theme is awesome though, and justifies his inclusion as a character I think.

This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008ZXBYJU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's not cheap, but it seems good to me and as long as you're careful, it's not difficult to remove. There's a tab below the touchscreen you can pull on to lift the 3DS XL up. I still wouldn't want to take it on and off a lot though, for fear of scraping the 3DS XL or something. I just leave the stylus out all the time and there's no reason to remove the grip.

Despite the rubber coating mention, the grips are quite firm, not squishy.

I feel that this grip makes the shoulder buttons very difficult to press. There are these trigger grips that live where L2 and R2 buttons would if they existed on this thing. It's so comfortable to rest your index fingers on these grips, but in order to hit the shoulder buttons, you really have to stretch you finger. The trigger grip is between your index and middle fingers, which makes this difficult. You kind of almost need to hold it like you'd hold a Dualshock with a finger on every shoulder button.

It's tough to explain but I hope that makes sense....

JoeInky

All Olimar moves get!

Fucking finally, this takes way too long.

And I'm going to have to do it all again on the English version... argh.

georly

georly, I know you said that you aren't exactly the best at this game but I'm on a whole 'nother level of bad :/

I'm not! Most of the challenges are like 'play for x amount of times' or stuff that's easily repeatable. Lvl 9 classic mode was just pattern memorization on the last boss and then cheezing the opponents w/ items beforehand.

All Olimar moves get!

Fucking finally, this takes way too long.

And I'm going to have to do it all again on the English version... argh.

Yeah, i'm not really going to bother because i'm just going to have to do it all again in 3 weeks. For now i'm just playing for funsies and getting stuff I want.

Or helping out gaffers w/ requests.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How? ledge? I doubt that.

You could use floating characters and camp the ledge and even under the stage, they would push each other off or occasionally jump off to try to get you. Not hard to get 10+ KOs that way at all.

May not work in this game depending on how the AI responds. Also the lack of invincibility on repeated ledge grabs would make it more challenging.

only one I ever had trouble with was Boss Battles on Intense lol

I did that one relatively quickly, before some broken strategies started popping up.

Never got the sticker one in Brawl/P:M. It's the only one I have left.

This feels...familiar.
I never understood why Meta Knight had an electric guitar remix either haha, especially since his theme in the game is jazzy.

Dark Pit's theme is awesome though, and justifies his inclusion as a character I think.
In Brawl it seemed like unique victory songs for all were planned but then dropped* barring Meta Knight. I would have thought they would have finally happened with Smash 4 but it is still only some...oh well. Maybe Wii U version? Then again unused sound files in SSB 64 imply final smashes were planned back then (PK Starstorm and Blue Falcon) so sometimes these things take time.

*-As were many music tracks, some clearly due to rights issues (several mixes of the plagarised MGS1 theme, Sonic You can do anything...maybe even Yoshi's Cookie given its extinction from the Wii Shop).

-Horizon-

I'm not! Most of the challenges are like 'play for x amount of times' or stuff that's easily repeatable. Lvl 9 classic mode was just pattern memorization on the last boss and then cheezing the opponents w/ items beforehand.

Guess I'll see in a few weeks :T

I tend to lose my focus and go straight downhill for things that require memorization the moment I screw up on one part. That also explains my love hate relationship with rhythm games.

Forkball

A few random notes.

Strangely, no one online is using the skimpier ZSS alts.

I thought the Villager tree was useless, but honestly I find myself getting so many kills with it. It's satisfying to catch someone off guard with it. Growing the tree will probably net you more kills than cutting it down.

I'm undefeated online as Pink Donkey Kong.

I love the AMERICA alts. We have AMERICA Mario, AMERICA Mac, AMERICA Sheik etc.

Fighting Metal Pac-Man on his stage is some circle of hell.

I'm really enjoying the heavy characters in this game. Bowser, Dedede, and Charizard are all heavy hitters that play in unique ways.

Bowser Jr. is a very fun and dynamic character. You have so many options and he's extremely versatile in every aspect. He is one of my favorite newcomers for sure. No, I don't switch alts.

So I've been playing the demo and finally discovered the final destination/no items setting. I've been Mario playing a level 9 Pikachu CPU. Is it ok that i'm getting destroyed by it sometimes? I've never been so competitive with a smash bot before.

Peltz

Damn... 150+ pages. That's a lot to wade through. Forgive me for asking (because it's surely been posted already), but what's the general consensus on online play? How's the netcode? Lag? Better than Brawl? etc.

P.S. I've played the demo for over 10 hours this weekend. The North American release cannot come soon enough!

georly

Damn... 150+ pages. That's a lot to wade through. Forgive me for asking (because it's surely been posted already), but what's the general consensus on online play? How's the netcode? Lag? Better than Brawl? etc.

P.S. I've played the demo for over 10 hours this weekend. The North American release cannot come soon enough!

I've had some bad matches w/ really bad lag, but i've also had some REALLY good matches where I might as well have been playing locally. Just depends on your connection and who you're playing with.

J3euW6I.gif

It's still basically Warlock Punch, but it's a welcome change regardless.

Oh my god i'm using that ON PRINCIPLE.

Kyzon

I've had some bad matches w/ really bad lag, but i've also had some REALLY good matches where I might as well have been playing locally. Just depends on your connection and who you're playing with.

Oh my god i'm using that ON PRINCIPLE.

Use it on it being really good lol. It's close to Falcon Punch Speed and hits far as hell.

Edit: far as in range. It's long.

random25

Played tons of 3DS demo today. If only that 6000+ coins can be all transferred to the retail version ;_;

Getting good with Megaman this time around. Really slow killer but has a lot of nifty tricks for edge battle. Can easily beat lvl.9 CPUs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom