• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
tumblr_nbwnabEphX1rdastco5_400.jpg

I know this is supposed to be Tiki, but I'll be damned if I'm not seeing Terra Branford here.
....fuck, now I have to main her.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
  • Neutral Special (Paralyzer) - fires a paralyzing shot, charge to increase power and range
  • Custom Neutral 1 (Blaster Shot) - range and speed increase, but power decreases and loses paralyzing effect
  • Custom Neutral 2 (Spreading Paralyzer) - shot explodes in front of ZSS like a flare, travels a short distance, but hits a wide range
  • Side Special (Plasma Whip) - brandishes the whip built into her gun, latches onto ledges
  • Custom Side 1 (?)
  • Custom Side 2 (Snare Whip) - ensnares opponent and draws them in, does not connect if you are too close to the opponent
  • Up Special (Boost Kick) - uses her rocket heels to jump high, performs a multi-hit kick followed by a spinning finisher
  • Custom Up 1 (Impact Kick) - launches opponents skyward with a jump kick, spinning finisher is extremely powerful
  • Custom Up 2 (Slide Booster) - lowers the boost on her heels and performs a low jump kick, uses extra strength to boost forward
  • Down Special (Flip Kick) - flips through the air and drives opponents into the ground, press the button while airborne to perform a powerful kick
  • Custom Down 1 (Comet Kick) - press the button while airborne to deliver a sharp falling kick, does not drive opponents into the ground while flipping
  • Custom Down 2 (?)

There you go! :D Also, I just had an AWESOME Pit vs Dark Pit match online! I made sure to save it in case someday we can find a way to put those on YouTube or something.

Good stuff!

I really like the sound of both of those custom neutrals. I'll likely use one of them but I don't know which yet.

Hard to speak for the others since they aren't filled yet and I don't know enough about her new up special to know exactly how any of the three work. I'm glad it's different than the Brawl/P:M one regardless, same with her side smash. Those were too similar visually, even if they were functionally different.

Omg, the absolutely gorgeous Magicant arrangement was done by Yoko Shimomura! No wonder it's so beautiful!
Whoa. I loved that arrangement but I didn't recognize her style at first, even though she's my favourite composer.

Smiles and Tears is beautiful too.

EDIT: Welp, just noticed that post is two days old.

Kinsei

Banned
which model do you have?

i heard this analog stripping happen as a result of mario kart as well, but only on OG 3dses/

I'd like to throw in my own experiences as well and say that I've had no problems with my circle pad so far. I have an original 3DS and I've played circle pad intensive games like Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (For nearly 200 hours I might add), and now Smash. The pad itself still feels like it did the day I got the 3DS.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
For anyone with the full roster, how would you describe each character's fighting style using the following types:

• Rushdown: Fast attacks, close combat
  • Zoning: Projectile reliant, low defense/health
  • Grapplers: Slow, strong attacks
  • Speed: Quick, very mobile (Not sure this different enough from Rushdown in Smash)
  • Balanced: Mix of all types
  • Unique: Doesn't fit in the other categories

From my observation Captain Falco is a Rushdown, Samus uses zoning, Bowser a Grappler, Meta Knight speed, Mario balanced, and Olimar unique.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel that this grip makes the shoulder buttons very difficult to press. There are these trigger grips that live where L2 and R2 buttons would if they existed on this thing. It's so comfortable to rest your index fingers on these grips, but in order to hit the shoulder buttons, you really have to stretch you finger. The trigger grip is between your index and middle fingers, which makes this difficult. You kind of almost need to hold it like you'd hold a Dualshock with a finger on every shoulder button.

It's tough to explain but I hope that makes sense....
Ah, I think I see what you're saying. The trigger grips on the back are basically like the analog triggers on a 360 controller on each side, but of course they're just rests since there aren't real buttons there. The real buttons are where your index fingers would go.

This probably doesn't bother me at all because I have big hands, but I could see someone with smaller hands being annoyed.

Moonlight

Banned
But does it remove the super armor?

I'll be playing some more in a bit... any requests for custom moves that we don't know about yet?
Would love you forever if you could look into a couple of Robin or Lucina's custom moves. Need to see if Robin gets different tomes (and if Lucina can differentiate herself from Marth a little more!).

tumblr_nbwnabEphX1rdastco4_400.jpg

Lucina's palettes are all really well done. Though when I see them, I can't help but think of how much better the Roy, Viridi, Medusa and Greil colours would look if they changed the character's hair as well.
Don't care what anyone says. That palette is hella Anna.

I know this is supposed to be Tiki, but I'll be damned if I'm not seeing Terra Branford here.
...goddammit.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Question about Lucina's mask: Can she continue to wear it while she fights?

When Gema was using Lucina he did all the taunts and it looked like she would take it right back off. I thought Sakurai said she would be able to keep it on but it didn't seem to be the case.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Would love you forever if you could look into a couple of Robin or Lucina's custom moves. Need to see if Robin gets different tomes (and if Lucina can differentiate herself from Marth a little more!).

Lucina's are the same as Marth's, a friend unlocked most of hers and Marth's are posted here.

georly

Don't care what anyone says. That palette is hella Anna.

...goddammit.

Ok ill do robin/lucina next

Frodo

Finally played the demo... These controls will take some time to get used to.

Wish I could connect a Gamecube controller on my 3DS. :p

Moonlight

Banned
So, checking out the customs and YO WHAT:

Iai Counter: Upon countering, Marth will slide past the opponent while slashing, sending the opponent flying behind him.
This sounds FUCKING AWESOME.

those lyn feels ;_;

Anna wears all Red no?

That''s definately cordellia.
Anna13Portrait.jpg

Compare/contrast. Identical pattern and very similar colouring to her tunic!

So Mega Man is really, really good. Or at least I do much better with him than other characters on the demo. I had a sudden death with all 4 characters with me on the top platform and all 3 of the CPU opponents jumped towards me and got hit simultaneously with my down smash. It was a pretty great moment. Also, the shoryuken is really underrated. MM's vertical game overall is really nice with his dair, uair, and up tilt being nice punishers.

Golnei

Lucina's are the same as Marth's, a friend unlocked most of hers and Marth's are posted here.

I love the names for Sheik's. Drugged Needle, Jellyfish, Inviting Grenade, The Fish...I hope they don't make them less awkward in translation.

...Also, Samus only having one custom move based on an actual item from the Metroid series is both completely expected and really disappointing.

Question, if they ever would put a FF character in the game, wouldn't Terra be a good choice considering she was in the last mainline FF on a Nintendo console before it moved over to the Playstation. Think about it, she could be like Robin and the higher her percentage is, the longer her ultima sword attack should be. Also, final smash should be her esper form.

Beats

Playing the demo so much on the omega form of Battlefield makes me miss platforms. There should definitely be another form for all stages with platforms.

Also, is there a time for the Nintendo stream yet? Is it still happening?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
...Also, Samus only having one custom move based on an actual item from the Metroid series is both completely expected and really disappointing.

I think a few are. Boost ball and power bomb both definitely are, and the unnamed jump one sounds like it might be based on the Jump/Space Jump/Hi Jump Boots.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Question, if they ever would put a FF character in the game, wouldn't Terra be a good choice considering she was in the last mainline FF on a Nintendo console before it moved over to the Playstation. Think about it, she could be like Robin and the higher her percentage is, the longer her ultima sword attack should be. Also, final smash should be her esper form.

Terra isn't GILGAMESH. Therefore not a good addition.

Zubz

Banned
Perhaps more recolours will be part of DLC / updates. They do give us 10 custom setups per character, after all.

I'd be the type of consumer whore who'd be down for that. No Ms. Pac-Man was a travesty; she's gaming's first lady, and literally the bow and slight alteration the the boots are the only part they'd need to model.
I wonder if that one word can still summon Neiteio...
Plus, Metal Sonic'd be really cool, as would Young Link as a Toon Link alt, or Boom Boom as Jr. Alt. or something. At least give us White Yoshi & Headband Jigglypuff?

Personally I see Marina Liteyear.

1287487-marina_liteyears_2.png

I'm forcing myself not to so I can pretend she's gonna happen as DLC.

While it makes sense, if an FF character were to appear it will just lead to endless crying for Cloud and Sephiroph (paired up Ice Climbers style) and Geno (who even owns this guy...it could be a Diddy Kong racing thing where Nintendo don't own most the characters). I guess it would be like saying Snake should have looked like he did in the NES Metal Gear games rather than the his more well known appearance.

Eh, let's leave Final Fantasy out of this.

georly

So far every custom for robin has not been a new tome :/

I think one turns nosferatu into a grab. The other one is way way faster charging on the thunder tome, but you only get 2 charges before it depletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom