• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeInky

I knew I was right.

"but you don't know the real reason" people were wrong, WRONG!

This is the worst feeling of being right known to man, it means that they were there on the WiiU version but they got rid of them.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
What's the best way to use Villager? I'm trying to learn his ways but he's a bit quirky for me. I've tried sticking to forward and down tilts with the down special for big hits, but whenever I have to go in the air I'm lost.

Plant the tree whenever you can. Side-step behind the tree if the opponent tries to attack you and continue watering it. Now you have an axe that you can attack with - I've found it good for short-hop attacks near the ledge. Fire his side-specials whenever you can as a defense or approach. You can run right through it, so it's not like Pac-Man's fire hydrant where it effects you, too. His aerials are great, too. If you use the down-air (turnips) and get a 3 then it's strong enough at certain percentages to bounce the opponent on the stage. I think I got it to chain 3 times as a combo. Side-tilt has good hit box so using that is safer than side-smash. Maybe try down-smashing before side-smashing if you're having trouble connecting.

I never really get why people are upset at the loss of Ice Climbers. I never really felt like they were much fun to play as, Nana always got lost, and they've only had one small game decades ago. Why so many fans?

Also, I'm pretty sure they won't take the extra power of the n3DS and use it for a character as opposed to behind the scenes general use of power... if anything...

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

is there still a chance they're just wii u exclusive characters

i know he said they'll have the same roster but would that bother anyone

I people that bought it on 3ds and only planned on buying for 3ds because they thought the roster would be the same would probably flip out. And then there would be anti-Nintendo people that would jump on the bandwagon for shits and giggles.

For example. I think the lack of support for the CCP thing was mostly people that didn't have one, but felt the need to speak out for whatever reason.

I never really get why people are upset at the loss of Ice Climbers. I never really felt like they were much fun to play as, Nana always got lost, and they've only had one small game decades ago. Why so many fans?

Also, I'm pretty sure they won't take the extra power of the n3DS and use it for a character as opposed to behind the scenes general use of power... if anything...

Didn't they say somewhere that they were using that extra power for Miiverse and the web browser?

Well, say what you want about Sakurai, he is at least is pretty transparent on his decisions. As much as I love having a 3DS version, it's a shame it's holding the roster back. Also, it surprises me that Rosalina can work on a 3DS, but not the Ice Climbers.

Xux

Yeah, it's hard to look past 51 great characters and think that one more could make that much of a difference.

While I'm saddened by the loss of the Ice Climbers (as well as Lucas), cuts happen. Granted, it is a little frustrating they were working just fine in the Wii U version, but I'm happy enough with the roster as it is.

I'm honestly more bothered by the 3DS stage roster, really.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Well, say what you want about Sakurai, he is at least is pretty transparent on his decisions. As much as I love having a 3DS version, it's a shame it's holding the roster back. Also, it surprises me that Rosalina can work on a 3DS, but not the Ice Climbers.

Luma is a lot less complex than Nana.

ffdgh

I people that bought it on 3ds and only planned on buying for 3ds because they thought the roster would be the same would probably flip out. And then there would be anti-Nintendo people that would jump on the bandwagon for shits and giggles.

For example. I think the lack of support for the CCP thing was mostly people that didn't have one, but felt the need to speak out for whatever reason.

Honestly let them be mad(sorry). If they already have a foundation set for the wii u version, may as well go all the way and make them playable characters.

Jawmuncher

They tried to reach him, but all of the Snakes were a little busy this year.
I'm sure they can make it next time.

It would be interesting to a cut third party character come back in the next game. Since no one would suspect that sort of thing.

It was a once in a lifetime chance.
:p

At this point that damn video is going to be the reasoning I stick with.

Yep, I was wrong....semes like the 3DS version, together with priority, heavily affected the inclusion of the ice climbers in the game.

Seriously though, it makes absolutely no difference to me. I didn't even like them that much. And I feel most people like them more because they have been in the past two games than because they love playing as them.

BY2K

Membero Americo
But they didn't need to sacrifice that character. Ice Climbers should have been a Wii U exclusive.

But that would have made one version possibly more appealing than the other to some people, and Sakurai didn't want that, obviously.

AdaWong

Ice Climbers were trash. The only saving grace was the fact that they had a unique playstyle where they have to work together.

Thanks to Rosalina though, we have that just covered.

Nah but seriously, I swear that my Wii would lag when there are 4 ICs and a lot of items/explosions. The GameCube would lag with 4 ICs alone.

Just imagine on a 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom