• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off-topic spoilers about Mother 3 and EarthBound and Mother

Since Itoi feels that Flint being Ness is a valid interpretation, does this mean Hinawa is Paula? It makes a ton of sense, considering that she displays psychic powers. Further, Ness' Mom bears a resemblance to Ana from Mother 1, and Itoi has said that Ninten being Ness' Dad is a valid spoiler. Which means that every Mother game would be the next generation of heroes, fighting the same evils that their parents fought. Now Lucas just has to start dating Kumatora!

They're fun theories but I personally don't put any stock into them. I guess I'll probably revisit it when I finally play through the original Mother next year.

Also...not that we have their exact ages (though we do know Kumatora was a baby at the time of the White Ship) but I always imagined an age gap between Lucas and Kumatora.

They're fun theories but I personally don't put any stock into them. I guess I'll probably revisit it when I finally play through the original Mother next year.

Also...not that we have their exact ages (though we do know Kumatora was a baby at the time of the White Ship) but I always imagined an age gap between Lucas and Kumatora.

Kumatora is definitely older than Lucas, but I wouldn't say that she was an adult. Honestly, I'd say she is more of an older sister to Lucas.

Smash 6 being DLC seems like the most logical interpretation. The only possible alternative I could think of would be that it was a mistake. Plus, what do you sell for DLC - Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. or Mewtwo and Dixie Kong?

I mean I'm getting both versions so I don't care either way, but when I saw people suggest the 3DS and Wii U Versions could have different rosters (when the games were first revealed and we knew nothing about it), a lot of people seemed to dislike that idea and said it wouldn't happen.

Gaf has enough people that this doesn't necessarily indicate opinion flipping.

Xux

Smash 6 being DLC seems like the most logical interpretation. The only possible alternative I could think of would be that it was a mistake. Plus, what do you sell for DLC - Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. or Mewtwo and Dixie Kong?
I'd buy any chunk of Smash Bros. quality characters for DLC. DHD and Bowser Jr. look really well done and completely sold me on the characters.

yup, as I feared, 3DS soundtrack is supremely disappointing in terms of content
cb3tvt2.png

the tracks themselves are actually pretty damn nice though

QUj2UUE.gif

fisheyes

So I've finally jumped on the 2DS train, ready for Smash. Keen. In the meantime I've got Pokemon to keep me busy.

Are there any demo codes still kicking around or has the supply pretty much ran out?

I mean I'm getting both versions so I don't care either way, but when I saw people suggest the 3DS and Wii U Versions could have different rosters (when the games were first revealed and we knew nothing about it), a lot of people seemed to dislike that idea and said it wouldn't happen.

GAF is not a hivemind.

Hatchtag

Banned
Little Mac's really hard to learn, but he's very fun to play as. Really feels like you're playing as an underdog, because you really, really have to work hard to be able to do well with him, because of how terrible his recovery is and how limited he is in the air.

Also, Classic Mode 9.0 with Little Mac is probably the hardest thing in the game to do. You only have two moves that'll hit an aerial opponent and do more than 5% (Up B, Side B).

Jawmuncher

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

emb

Same here. I'm not sure why any one would think roster parity is better (compared to an extra character somewhere), unless there's been something preventing them from getting a Wii U for the past year. I guess just so they can take all the characters with them on-the-go.

It's interesting people suggest that the 3DS version is seriously holding back the Wii U. Other than Ice Climbers, I can't really see anything about the Wii U version that seems held back.

Now, we don't know the stage roster for the Wii U, but I imagine it's more Brawl sized than the 3DS's more Melee sized.

emb

Pretty sure it is just supposed to look like a jet plane. Guess the middle finger doesn't mean anything in Japan maybe?
Viewtiful Joe does the same gesture on the cover of his game. I don't know about Japan, but in the US (from what I've seen) it's not really an offensive gesture if any of the other fingers are held up.

Master Hand is clearly Kamiya.

Also, I hate that I won't be able Ice Climbers in Smash 4. :c All the potential of what could have been in this new game.

me0wish

I'm I the only one on gaf who has Hector as his most wanted SSB character?
Great-Lord-Hector.gif~c200

We need more villains, Fawful or Nergal would of been awesome.

EreshkigalNergalCast.gif

Its a shame that we get the most boring and generic FE characters in Smash.

It's interesting people suggest that the 3DS version is seriously holding back the Wii U. Other than Ice Climbers, I can't really see anything about the Wii U version that seems held back.

Now, we don't know the stage roster for the Wii U, but I imagine it's more Brawl sized than the 3DS's more Melee sized.

If not, the knives are really gonna start coming out.

emb

I second that! ;P

It suck that Ice Climbers is goner. I really loathe playing as Ice Climbers but they are Smash Mascot now because they are pretty unique in their own way.
I third it, lol.

And I feel that way about Yoshi. I abhor playing as him, but I'd be up in arms if he wasn't in Smash.

Oh man I sent in my 3ds for repair last week to finally get rid of those tip screen scratches

I just realized I left my sd card in the system I sent. I'm fucked aren't i gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom