• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we have a release date already? playing Project Melee on Wii U with a classic controller is just not the same :c

thou he was empowered by other God too,
Micaiah/Yune
confirmed
Probably same day as release of smash. I lm not sure if Nintendo has made it clear you can use the gamecube adapter in wii mode.

Just remember that on top of menu pics explaining things, he'll also probably do POTDs of all hidden characters (except Lucina) so I don't expect a lot of new things for the Wii U until after all that

Just remember that on top of menu pics explaining things, he'll also probably to POTDs of all hidden characters (except Lucina) so I don't expect a lot of new things for the Wii U until after all that.
I wonder how he's going to handle that. You can't really post like a secret pic of the day haha, since everyone can see it. Unless he could use a spoiler filter I guess?

NeonZ

I just don't think Daisy's important enough to be playable. She appeared very briefly in one game in 1989, and the sports spinoffs probably have very little impact on Smash Bros. Alph is a playable protagonist in Pikmin 3 and the Koopalings are recurring bosses in five Mario games -- they're just like the "real" playable characters in that they're important within their own series. Their inclusion doesn't open the floodgates for fully named/voiced D-list alts like Blood Falcon or Mr. L.

The sport spin offs (well, Mario Kart) have gotten items and now stages in Smash Bros. Peach's Daisy color actually had a modeled 3d dress back in Melee too (although her hair stayed the same, color aside).

Blood Falcon isn't really comparable to those other examples either. The F-Zero series itself is dead, but, aside from that, he appears as a playable racer in all games that also feature Captain Falcon starting from X. He isn't a one shot or spin off character.

Obviously those two aren't worth playable representation, just like how the Koopalings aren't, but I don't see why two complete costumes would be too much. Then again, thinking about it, I guess the main issue might be VA - they'd need new recordings, while the Koopalings all are rather lacking in voices, and seem to just reuse samples from NSMB...

Today's clean images:
daily-en_20140915_qoafg.jpg

daily-jp_20140915_46ytf.jpg

I'm a little surprised the game was sent to stores with a feature still in beta, though.

Gleethor

Conquest is such a minor thing that I really don't mind that it's still in beta. It's definitely not a main game mode by any means.

KHlover

Banned
Probably same day as release of smash. I lm not sure if Nintendo has made it clear you can use the gamecube adapter in wii mode.
I don't see how that would stop anyone. We also never were supposed to be able to use the WiiU Gamepad and Pro Controller on the PC, look how that turned out. I give it a few weeks at most :p

SoldnerKei

I don't see how that would stop anyone. We also never were supposed to be able to use the WiiU Gamepad and Pro Controller on the PC, look how that turned out. I give it a few weeks at most :p

wait what? the Pro Controller on PC I have seen it, but also the gamepad? lol

the game is pretty responsive with just the 3DS control, with the GC controller we'll have even more freedom, I wonder if people will discoverd ATs that can't be done with the 3DS controller

KHlover

Banned
wait what? the Pro Controller on PC I have seen it, but also the gamepad? lol

the game is pretty responsive with just the 3DS control, with the GC controller we'll have even more freedom, I wonder if people will discoverd ATs that can't be done with the 3DS controller
It was demoed at some hacker convention last year. They played Wind Waker (GCN) with the gamepad on Dolphin, video stream from PC to Gamepad included lol

Neiteio

Honestly, just take this:

ssb-finalrosterfcunj.png

And make the following changes:

- Wolf after Falco

- Mewtwo after Greninja

- Lucas after Ness

- Duck Hunt, R.O.B. and Ice Climber where Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina are

- Start bottom row with Shulk, followed by Dr. Mario and Dark Pit and Lucina, and then the third-parties, Mii Fighters and Random

Near-perfect roster.

ssb-finalrosterfcunj.png

- Wolf after Falco

- Mewtwo after Greninja

- Lucas after Ness

- Start bottom row with Shulk, followed by Dr. Mario and Dark Pit and Lucina, and then the third-parties, Mii Fighters and Random

Near-perfect roster.
I would be 95% happy with this (currently I am at about 70%).

Mariolee

ssb-finalrosterfcunj.png

- Wolf after Falco

- Mewtwo after Greninja

- Lucas after Ness

Near-perfect roster.

Where will Ridley fit though?

Tripon

if the fred meyer "leak" turns out to be true and it comes out on 11/21 nintendo will run out of units by black friday o.o

2 MONTHS MAYBE

e:

Are there any reviews / impressions about the smash GC controller? Thinking about buying $12 chinese knock off controllers for backup.
There's a 3rd party seller selling GC controllers imported from Japan for about $32. Get those instead.

Varjet

No no, Ike fight FOR his friends not with them. The current menu layout shows that Ike will fight "With Anyone" to protect his Friends, DK and Diddy.

Well, "I fight with my friends" would be at least a bit closer to something he actually said in his games. "I fight for my friends" still annoys me.
Then again, it could be just a translation issue.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, rather than the usual Chorus Men/Kids mixup that usually gives these things away, this faker got the Kids mixed up with a completely different character and then used the American name? AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

zlCfzScfilUBnhSDdM

Pic of the day. Now that the game is out in Japan, the Conquest mode will be available in online multiplayer in the Japanese version. This is what the title screen will look like for the overseas version. In this mode, the game aggregates global wins among specific teams during a limited time and determines the victor. If you choose a participating fighter from the With Anyone option, you'll automatically participate in Conquest. We'll be running Conquest in beta for a while.

Also, Conquest data where players seem to be losing on purpose will be removed from the calculations. And lastly, there's no point in working on this mode too much on your own, so don't overdo it…

Hahaha, still menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom