• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread XVIII: Today, we are all Mewtwos

Status
Not open for further replies.

random25

I still have not cracked the top 50...what am I doing with my life? :p

Speaking of Mewtwo, I wonder who is the majority's wishlist for a veteran comeback...

Man, I don't give a shit about MewTwo and I was still excited when they announced him. At least, for the people I know that would care about such an announcement.

Neiteio

I still have not cracked the top 50...what am I doing with my life? :p

Speaking of Mewtwo, I wonder who is the majority's wishlist for a veteran comeback...
The majority? Probably Mewtwo. He's arguably the third most popular Pokémon after Pikachu and Charizard. He's quite the star!

Unless you're asking which veteran is most-wanted -after- Mewtwo, in which case... I have no idea. I feel like #TeamLucas and #TeamWolf would be fairly even in number.

Hatchtag

Banned

I think a lot of people have given up and understand that they're gone for technical reasons. Even if they are possible on Wii U, Sakurai's not gonna waste time on a character that's only possible on one system when he can put that time into a character that could be on both.

Neoxon

I'm surprised that I maintained my Top 50 placing even with my temp-ban.

Anyway, still rooting for Dixie & the Chorus Kids as DLC
& the Wonderful Ones.

Zalman

The majority? Probably Mewtwo. He's arguably the third most popular Pokémon after Pikachu and Charizard. He's quite the star!

Unless you're asking which veteran is most-wanted -after- Mewtwo, in which case... I have no idea. I feel like #TeamLucas and #TeamWolf would be fairly even in number.
For me it's definitely the Ice Climbers, simply because they are the most unique of the bunch.

Neiteio

For me it's definitely the Ice Climbers, simply because they are the most unique of the bunch.
Oh, I hadn't considered Ice Climbers. I'm not sure they're an option given the apparent technical limitations of the 3DS. I suppose they could be substantially reworked...

I think a lot of people have given up and understand that they're gone for technical reasons. Even if they are possible on Wii U, Sakurai's not gonna waste time on a character that's only possible on one system when he can put that time into a character that could be on both.

Yeah, was just saying to add on to the idea.

Btw, am I the only one that liked Pichu and if done well, would like Pichu to come back?

Zalman

Oh, I hadn't considered Ice Climbers. I'm not sure they're an option given the apparent technical limitations of the 3DS. I suppose they could be substantially reworked...
Yeah, they probably won't bother for now. They'll be back in Smash 5 in full force.

Masked Man

I said wow
Is there any hope for Magicant and F-Zero?

I've got my fingers crossed. I need Magicant in glorious HD!

There is a theory that dittos are failed mew clones.
Dittos are found in the Pokemon Mansion where mewtwo was cloned from mew.
Ditto and mew are similar colors, both regular and shiny.
Ditto and mew weigh the same.
Mew is the original pokemon with whom all pokemon share their DNA. Ditto can transform into any pokemon.
Ditto and mew are the only pokemon that can learn transform naturally.
Ditto and mew both have completely even base stats, with ditto's stats all being just under half mew's.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
Totally never picked up on that, but it makes perfect sense! D:

Neiteio

I actually thought Wolf was one of the more different and unique clones. Basically the antithesis of Fox and I appreciated him for that.
Absolutely. Wolf was fantastic. He's the vet who'd get me most excited now that I have my sweet, sweet Mewtwo.

(This assumes that Snake isn't an option, of course!)

Mewtwo was the one character who kept the roster from being perfect in my book... Now, it's finally perfect. (Though I'd really like Ice Climbers and Lucas back. The latter seems more likely at this point...)

Neiteio

Yeah, was just saying to add on to the idea.

Btw, am I the only one that liked Pichu and if done well, would like Pichu to come back?
Pichu was adorable.

Really, there's no vet I'd turn down. (Although I'd probably want Young Link to be an alternate model for Toon Link)

Well, here on GAF, Lucas hit top five in the favorite veterans ranking. Wolf didn't hit top twenty.
Ah, interesting :)

Zalman

I need someone with Photoshop skillz to make one of those introduction screens for Mewtwo with the tagline "Mewtwo Strikes Back".

random25

Yeah aside from Mewtwo. From the looks of it, I think Lucas is more missed around here.

Missed my chance to reply to this in Thread 17, so:

TqaGg9W.jpg
Why did he said fuck you to Shadow Hog? That's big if it's you.
Proooooobably because of this

I regret nothing, of course, because a character not making a fighting game roster is not worse than the deaths of 2,977 men, women and children (and 19 hijackers), and fuck this guy for saying it is

Caladrius

Wolf and Lucas are the only ones I could still see being in the game that I would really want. I love Snake and the Ice Climbers but I think those are lost causes, at least for this installment.

Roy would be nice (being one of my favorites from Melee) but I don't see him getting in this or future installments, barring someone at Intelligent Systems having a few too many and deciding to make a sequel to his game that they just so happen to get greenlit and inform Sakurai in the critical period where they're still developing Smash DLC plans.

the more surprising thing is how qq more has essentially floated for a while in the upper-mid 20s

His spirit lives on in us all.

Neiteio

Yeah aside from Mewtwo. From the looks of it, I think Lucas is more missed around here.
But when you say "majority," do you mean GAF or do you mean gamers in general? Because GAF rarely represents the majority -- otherwise we'd be mainly talking about iOS games, haha. :)

But when you say "majority," do you mean GAF or do you mean gamers in general? Because GAF rarely represents the majority -- otherwise we'd be mainly talking about iOS games, haha. :)

Having been a part of a lot of other Smash communities over the years, I feel it's a safe bet that he was a top three candidate for at least the dedicated community.

Side note: this song is what makes me cling to the dwindling hope of Chorus Men. I need to be able to Smash to this song.

I need someone with Photoshop skillz to make one of those introduction screens for Mewtwo with the tagline "Mewtwo Strikes Back".

I had a generator open in one of my tabs a while back, but I closed it and have no memory of how to search to get it back. It was on a Japanese site.

random25

I forgot to put SmashGAF :p Sorry about that.

Though in a local forum I visit related to Smash, Lucas more popular too and more missed. So there's that :p

But I really hope that there's some sort a DLC named "Melee Pack" and "Brawl Pack" that just puts every cut vet into the roster. I would buy them just because.

I forgot to put SmashGAF :p Sorry about that.

Though in a local forum I visit related to Smash, Lucas more popular too and more missed. So there's that :p

But I really hope that there's some sort a DLC named "Melee Pack" and "Brawl Pack" that just puts every cut vet into the roster. I would buy them just because.

A brawl pack would work with Lucas and Wolf with Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur as smaller possibilities.

A Melee Pack doesn't make sense. First I don't think Mewtwo will be offered in a pack (he'll be sold separately) because it takes value away from him being a free bonus to owners of both. Secondly there is no other cut characters (except if you count ice climbers) from that game that should come back.

Golnei

that wonderful 101 music hurts so much. wonder red, what could have been

So much potential.

1.jpg

It really wouldn't be that difficult - with Mewtwo, they're already working on recreating the only cut moveset from Melee. Roy, Young Link and Pichu can be model swapped from those characters' current incarnations, and all the Brawl cuts would require a comparatively minimal amount of work to transfer.

Though whether doing that is a good idea or not, I'm not sure. I'd be fine with Mewtwo and Dr. Mario being the only returning Melee veterans, with the remainder of the DLC consisting of cut Brawl veterans, new clones and newcomers.

Lucas is going to be released with Mewtwo, I can feel it in my bones.

I want nothing more than for this image to have been a prophecy.

tumblr_n9lmpckDnF1tc759ao5_1280.png

Lucas is going to be released with Mewtwo, I can feel it in my bones.

I'm not sure it will be Lucas, but I don't think Mewtwo will be the only character, that's for sure. I think Mewtwo was just a taste/headliner of a larger pack that will be further elaborated upon after the Wii U release.

Muzy72

Banned
I just hope they figure out a way to bring back Ice Climbers. With Mewtwo coming back, the roster will finally feel complete to me with the return of Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Lucas.

Did Spainkiller ever hear back from his source? I'm leaning towards their source being (somewhat) honest due to Mewtwo and the connectivity stuff (didn't someone else vouch for them too?), but the whole Ridley aspect could have just been a scrapped level boss for Brinstar or a Pyrosphere port like Yellow Devil being in both versions. I get that Other M Ridley's just a clone of the *real* Ridley, but it'd a bit too weird at this point to pull the rug from under everybody if that's what they were planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom