• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

See who would ever think of adding an SNES Pilotwings stage except Sakurai? Maybe MAYBE Pilotwings is seen from the sky which means Skyworld and also since she "pilots" Pit's 5 minute flights that means PALUTENA!

I don't read too much into things

Half-Life 3 confirmed

h95B6738D

Not a bad picture, except this is drawn by the same guy who cybers with his Miiverse girlfriend in his own post comments.

zroid

Banned
Pilotwings stage today... coinciding with the release of a certain film this Friday... whose video game adaptations are Nintendo platform exclusive.

Guys. New Smash Bros character tomorrow on the Nintendo Direct.

500px-Dusty_crophopper.png

Drago

Pilotwings stage today... coinciding with the release of a certain film this Friday... whose video game adaptations are Nintendo platform exclusive.

Guys. New Smash Bros character tomorrow.

Hell yes. All that Nintendo PR Planes hype will finally come to fruition.

GamerSoul

Ohh snap a retro stage. Never played Pilot Wings but everyone seems to be hyped so its all good. And Nice and Direct also? Awww yisss. Lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ohh snap a retro stage. Never played Pilot Wings but everyone seems to be hyped so its all good. And Nice and Direct also? Awww yisss. Lol

YES!

To all of you thinking/hoping we'll get Smash news tomorrow, just remember one thing:

Nintendo.

Heck, I'm not going to hype for SSB4 news until Sakurai tweet or retweet the Direct. I'm hyped for other reasons that would be shown on the Direct.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I still hope they add Baby Mario to Yoshi, even if it's just visual aesthetic that'd be rather cute.

Mark1

You know how Sakurai has made it clear the stresses he goes through for these games, well do you think he still enjoys doing them if they are making him stressed to the point of death?

I mean, we've had a character reveal within the first two weeks or so for both months the site has been active. So I guess expecting a character reveal at the Direct tomorrow isn't too far fetched.

Farfetch'd confirmed

You know how Sakurai has made it clear the stresses he goes through for these games, well do you think he still enjoys doing them if they are making him stressed to the point of death?

Honestly, I think he's just being a damn baby. I'm sure there are many other people in the industry who would kill to be in his shoes, so if it's really that stressful then he should consider another franchise.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Honestly, I think he's just being a damn baby. I'm sure there are many other people in the industry who would kill to be in his shoes, so if it's really that stressful then he should consider another franchise.

Actually, I'm not sure about that since you have a huge fanbase that would have to watch every steps you do.

I just noticed that Nintendo LTD tweeted the ND same time as NOA and NOE, so I guess no SSB4 news for now.

He's not a baby for thinking it's stressful. It means he's throwing himself into his work. It's what I would consider to be the most intensive game to develop among recently developed games, especially now with two versions being made simultaneously. The man is a genius, and I can't think of many other people who I'd want filling his shoes.

I don't know many developers that would kill to have their arm in a cast but if you do know many then I guess that is sort of weird

Sakurai points it out whenever he gets a chance and sometimes just on his own. He likes to stress how stressful it is, but in reality there's little difference between the development of Smash and any other franchise. All game development can be stressful, but with such a beloved franchise like Smash surely the opportunity for being at the helm is more rewarding than it is stressful, otherwise why do it?

There are other people who could direct an equally, if not better version of a new Smash. I'm sorry but if working on Smash is the sole reason for causing him physical/emotional distress, then Sakurai should seriously consider another career or at the very least another franchise.

BlackJace

Sakurai points it out whenever he gets a chance and sometimes just on his own. He likes to stress how stressful it is, but in reality there's little difference between the development of Smash and any other franchise. All game development can be stressful, but with such a beloved franchise like Smash surely the opportunity for being at the helm is more rewarding than it is stressful, otherwise why do it?

There are other people who could direct an equally, if not better version of a new Smash. I'm sorry but if working on Smash is the sole reason for causing him physical/emotional distress, then Sakurai should seriously consider another career or at the very least another franchise.

If you're not a game developer in any shape or form, I suggest you stop speaking about things you don't know.

Sponge

Banned

Guys. New Smash Bros character tomorrow on the Nintendo Direct.

ldznQdA.png

Well it is Nintendo Exclusive....

The Lamp

You do know his physical condition worsens with use, which his game developer job requires, right?

I just want Iwata to go "please take a look at this" and the Smash logo to pop up in the nin dir, from that point on only heavenly bliss can follow.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Why would that mean no SSB?

For start, they said they will talking about games that would launching in 2013.

Other reason, Sakurai usually retweet the direct tweet if his game would be on direct. He hasn't but I'm aware of the fact that its early morning ATM. I will give it between 8 to 12 hours until we know for sure.

Yeah, I'm afraid that I would overhyped myself this time. Plus new stage is very coincidence with the date of announcement. Soon half and half.

If you're not a game developer in any shape or form, I suggest you stop speaking about things you don't know.

Thanks for this post.

You do know his physical condition worsens with use, which his game developer job requires, right?

I know it's difficult to interpret one's tone online, but I'm not trying to be an ass here guys. It's really as simple as considering another line of work or a less-demanding franchise if it's truly detrimental to his health. Your health is one of the most important things in life, so there's no point in killing himself over a video game that could still be extraordinary under someone else's direction.

-EDIT-

If you guys are getting caught up on me calling him a "baby," I only say that because more times than not I've seen him complain about how stressful it is to work on Smash instead of how rewarding it is.

I just want Iwata to go "please take a look at this" and the Smash logo to pop up in the nin dir, from that point on only heavenly bliss can follow.

It would be at this point that I'd let out the girliest man scream in excitement for what I'm about to witness lol

SuperSah

Banned
Nobody considered Sakurai may be busy developing than sitting on Twitter retweeting posts?

Also, the Nintendo Direct is for "games ANNOUNCED this year". Not games releasing exclusively in 2013.

Top Bottom