• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 2: Where Pilotwings is apparently Minecraft

Not

Banned
New thread looks great. What happened to the old one?

HOLY HECK THERE'S A DIRECT TOMORROW

EDIT: Ahhhh, I didn't know there was a 400 page limit

Effect

Looking at all the screen shots together Mega Man is such a natural fit. It would be so easy to assume he was a Nintendo character. Same with Sonic when put into screen shots with other Smash characters. More then ever I wish Nintendo owned both characters.

What's the thread title suppose to mean?

Looking at all the screen shots together Mega Man is such a natural fit. It would be so easy to assume he was a Nintendo character. Same with Sonic when put into screen shots with other Smash characters. More then ever I wish Nintendo owned both characters.

What's the thread title suppose to mean?

Well capcom seems to have given up on the IP so maybe they will let nintendo handle the eventual reboot.

EAD Tokyo or the kid icarus team + mega man perhaps.

I don't like this thread title.

I can't believe we didn't get the cycle related one, it's eternally topical for the thread.

Oh yeah, I never did congratulate Neorice on tackling the DK sprite, you are now the pixel king of kong, or maybe just the Pixel Kong which sounds like an ill fated side character.
I think the Bowser sprite is the best of the lot.

Anbec7

So is this the "neo-new" thread now? so I can subscribe to this.

Also I can't help to be a little bit hyped about tomorrow... (I expect nothing but....)

I'm not even upset that mine wasn't chosen! It's based around a comment someone made regarding the latest update, so it'll lose all meaning in a week.

Which is exactly why the cycle one was perfect.
Either that or the one about the old thread being too big, oh they arrived too late when this thread was all but ready. Oh well.

TreIII

Well capcom seems to have given up on the IP so maybe they will let nintendo handle the eventual reboot.

EAD Tokyo or the kid icarus team + mega man perhaps.

Don't I wish. With all the detail that Sakurai and his team have put into Rockman already, I can only imagine what would happen if he was given the keys to a new MM or X game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I can't believe we didn't get the cycle related one, it's eternally topical for the thread.

Oh yeah, I never did congratulate Neorice on tackling the DK sprite, you are now the pixel king of kong, or maybe just the Pixel Kong which sounds like an ill fated side character.
I think the Bowser sprite is the best of the lot.

I'm not even upset that mine wasn't chosen! It's based around a comment someone made regarding the latest update, so it'll lose all meaning in a week.

Actually we will have the title update in a week or so since I had to create the Thread before I went out.

I have an idea for title. Name if game: First thread is too big.

From the OP:

3DS and Wii U mightn't release at same time.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS are finalized name.
No Touchscreen
Speed will be between Melee and Brawl + NO DLC
No Alt costume and No Cross Play

What the fuck? lol so much missed opportunities :C

Not

Banned
From the OP:

No Touchscreen

No alt costume isn't confirmed. Sakurai only said it wouldn't be part of the cross-platform customization aspect

NeonZ

No alt costume isn't confirmed. Sakurai only said it wouldn't be part of the cross-platform customization aspect

I don't know how no "custom costumes" suddenly became "no alternate costumes". They're very different things.

Anbec7

We should all just wait and see, there is no use trying to confirm/deconfirm things so quickly.

Nintendo has a big opportunity here *points at Fire Emblem DLC

Out of town for the week, but checking in on a crappy internet connection. Good OP. Pilotwings stage looks awesome.

Checking out.

From the OP:

No Touchscreen

"Touch the bottom screen to Final Smash"

Yawn

G. N. Arly

Neo Member
Righteous OP, Heath! There's quite a few screenshots that I missed last thread. I especially like Samus in front of the Wily castle screenie! Fantastic!

JoeInky

Come on bros, what's the thread title about.

A pilot wings stage, one of the islands from the SNES game, got posted on miiverse with a vague description not stating that it was from pilotwings.

Cue hundreds of idiotic kids thinking that it was a minecraft stage.

Maybe not hundreds, but you get the idea.

Riposte

Judging by the how little news we've received and how fast these threads grow, I'm assuming these threads work like community threads where people trade roster fan-fiction and animal crossing hentai?

JoeInky

Judging by the how little news we've received and how fast these threads grow, I'm assuming these threads work like community threads where people trade roster fan-fiction and animal crossing hentai?

They're filled with paranoia and speculation based on images released every weekday, the occassional ridley is too big to be in smash argument that lasts for 17 pages and people talking about movesets every once in a while.

Also no hentai gets posted, that counts as a "creepy thing" mentioned in the op.

Berordn

None of that shit is officially deconfirmed

Well, cross play is, since the two versions aren't going to share stages.

Other than that, we don't know anything about DLC plans other than it not affecting the retail release and nothing intentionally being withheld (standard Nintendo policy, but it's not like we'd know any better). Alternate costumes might be in, but custom costumes are not.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

So much hates. Most of the posts are pure hypes. Discussions, speculations, arguments, and many more. None of those things happened in the thread yet. I hope.

Semajer

Did anyone figure out what game this stage is from?

bqygNia.png

Ryce

Did anyone figure out what stage this is?

bqygNia.png
Nope. People say Donkey Kong Country Returns because it's a jungle with some kind of turbine, but nothing looks like that in the game.

Honestly, I think it's part of Adventure Mode or something. It also hasn't been seen in any of the other screen shots, so clearly there's something special about it.

Top Bottom