• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

Muzy72

Banned
wuu3msiz.jpg
It took me forever to find the Naruto everyone was talking about in this image :lol

I feel like they have been teasing a lot of stuff that will get revealed in a new trailer or gameplay footage in a nintendo direct this holiday season. Finally show off galaxy stage, some pokemon from pokeballs, show the Ridley stage hazard, some new moves from veterans that have been revealed, show olimar with more pikmin. I know not all of these will happen but I feel there is a reason things are being teased and not shown and that reason is new gameplay

Timeaisis

I feel like they have been teasing a lot of stuff that will get revealed in a new trailer or gameplay footage in a nintendo direct this holiday season. Finally show off galaxy stage, some pokemon from pokeballs, show the Ridley stage hazard, some new moves from veterans that have been revealed, show olimar with more pikmin. I know not all of these will happen but I feel there is a reason things are being teased and not shown and that reason is new gameplay

There I fixed that for you.

afoni

Banned
just got off the phone with my main man shibata (what a guy lmao)

he says we get a new nintendo direct in like, 3 weeks

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Monday
Nothing was confirmed on Tuesday
Still nothing by Wednesday
And on Thursday & Friday & Saturday nothing happens on Sunday
Just another Mario pic on Monday
Battlefield was on Tuesday
People were going crazy by Wednesday
And on Thursday & Friday & Saturday the thread dies on Sunday

Platy

Monday

SING WITH ME !

On Mondays, I never see a reveal.
On Tuesdays, I stay dissapointed.
On Wednesdays, I never feel more hyped.
Reveals is the last thing on Sakurai's mind.

On Thursdays, it's totaly NOTHING!
And Fridays I despair.
Oh it's much too late on a Saturday,
And Sunday is the day I expeculate.

solomon grundy, confirmed on a Monday
batman on Tuesday
goku on Wednesday
naruto on Thursday
no pokes on Friday
madness on Saturday
thread locked on Sunday
and that was the end of solomon grundy

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I had a feeling we'd be entering a drought after Sonic. Two weeks of nothing and this week isn't off to a good start.

Actually we just arrived at three weeks without information today. I knew that we would entered into information drought for awhile but I was hoping that we would get pokemon character before we entered information drought until Nov 22. I was clearly wrong.

Fandangox

When I first saw today's picture I though the yellow ring was Megaman being knocked out, and thought "5 CHARACTERS AT ONCE CONFIRMED" But then I realized the color should have been blue for it to be Megaman.

Then I though it was the yellow devil and assumed he was an assist trophy. And then I just noticed the other ring in the back and realized it was fucking nothing.

All in the span of on 20 seconds.

Actually we just arrived at three weeks without information today. I knew that we would entered into information drought for awhile but I was hoping that we would get pokemon character before we entered information drought until Nov 22. I was clearly wrong.

you people always get your hopes up for nothing :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
you people always get your hopes up for nothing :p

What? I don't really had my hope high for pokemon. I was hoping that it would happens but it didn't. I was not even disappointed by that since I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't get one because of three revealed characters in like two weeks and half.

What? I don't really had my hope high for pokemon. I was hoping that it would happens but it didn't. I was not even disappointed by that since I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't get one because of three revealed characters in like two weeks and half.

not just you, the whole thread

also I see we've returned to the "list characters that have zero chance" stage of the SmashGAF cycle

If smash 4 truly is coming out spring/summer 2014 there either aren't going to be that many new characters or they're about to make it rain with new characters soon.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Today's Pic
zlCfzRKeGeQF0_ohOm

"Pic of the day. Flying through rings actually requires careful maneuvering, so um...would you mind getting off?"

Guys, don't you see? It's been in front of us all along.

Ridley? Naruto?

No.

Pilotwings Resort Plane is jetting onto the scene!

SmithnCo

I looked into a crystal ball and it said this game comes out in May, and Nintendo is making a new F-Zero game too. Plus they're translating Mother 3 and giving it away for free with the Nintendo 4DS.

R0ckman

Monday

Oh this song... nostalgia... Year of melee for me... I gotta do one!

I loaded up the Smash site on Monday...
Nothing worth noting on Tuesday...
Wii Fit Trainer's ass by Wednesday...
And on Thursday & Friday & Saturday the hype restarts on Sunday...

qq more

I'm honestly fine getting just more veterens for a year. It's kind of exciting to see who comes back and see them in updated HD visuals. Newcomers I can wait, I wouldn't mind if the majority of them are unlockables.

But I'm far more interested in the stages at this point. I want to see that Mario Galaxy level!

At this point the only vet I'd be surprised to see is Snake, everyone else I fully expect to be back. Toon Link was my only maybe and he's already confirmed

Drago

I think Ike returning is still pretty up in the air at this point. After Snake, he's the one I least expect to come back (which, by my metric, means he's probably still in)

Everyone else seems like a lock to me.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
When I first saw today's picture I though the yellow ring was Megaman being knocked out, and thought "5 CHARACTERS AT ONCE CONFIRMED" But then I realized the color should have been blue for it to be Megaman.

Then I though it was the yellow devil and assumed he was an assist trophy. And then I just noticed the other ring in the back and realized it was fucking nothing.

All in the span of on 20 seconds.

What a bipolar 20 minutes!

Heath is the straight man of this group, always putting the hopes down

That's right. I gotta to keep many people's hopes low as possible so we wouldn't be disappointed with SSB4

I still think my favorite day was the "you must recover" day

LOL, yeah. I remembered many people were upset with the update.

Eeeeyup. Makes the sudden surprise update all the more sweeter.

That, and I like watching the threads slowly sinking into insanity on such weeks. lol

Sweeter revealing yeah but it's funny and sad. At same time to see this thread got tossed into insanity.

If smash 4 truly is coming out spring/summer 2014 there either aren't going to be that many new characters or they're about to make it rain with new characters soon.

I rather to have a lot of newcomers as secret characters.

there we go

so quit your whining we'd be LUCKY if we got a newcomer before August 2014

Right. We are lucky to get image updates right after real announcement. I am positive we will get newcomer before the given date.

I think Ike returning is still pretty up in the air at this point. After Snake, he's the one I least expect to come back (which, by my metric, means he's probably still in)

Everyone else seems like a lock to me.

Ike would be replaced by Chrom who'd probably play identically to him. Either would be fine with me

Top Bottom