• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like all of these Rocketeer avatars in here. The movie was one of my favorites growing up. I used to have a bendy figure...actually, I might have had two. I also own two copies of the NES game. Hah. I rented the SNES one, but couldn't get past the race at the beginning. I've been wanting to get that new figure that came out recently.

...anyway, I'll just leave this here in case it changes later:

Definitely one of my all-time favorites. I may give it another watch this weekend :)

Busty

Banned
Given the hype and expense behind this show I really find myself rooting for it to hit out of the gate. If it doesn't I can just see all of the
shitty
articles online about how audiences don't want to see female superheroes on screen yadda-yadda-yadda.

Speaking of expense.., has anyone heard or anywhere reported on the budget for the Supergirl pilot episode? Though broadcast dramas easily cost $3-5m per episode I heard that the pilot was still pretty expensive coming in (I heard) "well over" $10m which I assume to be $12-14m.

And just in case in UK gaffers missed it Supergirl has been picked up for broadcast by Sky One where it will join Arrow and Flash on the network.

Melissa Benoist will soar onto our screens as the Maid of Might from Thursday, October 29 at 8pm.

This means that UK audiences will get to see new episodes of Supergirl just 3 days after the US, where the show will premiere October 26 on CBS.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s270...reens-this-month-on-sky1.html#~prz0ju9Y7IFvVc

It has no shared universe with any other pre-existing media.

Oh really?

*cough*

s4.png

Superman N64 cinematic universe in the motherfucking house.

Entropia

No One Remembers
This was one of the few new shows I was looking forward to this year. Though it being on CBS, I'm curious to see how it's produced vs. Arrow and The Flash.

JC Lately

Wow, I hadn't realized the show still hadn't premiered. Will this be on Hulu? Also, shouldn't the time be in the OP?

Well, it's CBS, so probably not. At least not until this time next year.

CBS hates Hulu with a passion for some reason.

Penguin

Now when you say "family" do you mean like a brother or sister... aunt or uncle... maybe some type of... cousin?

Pilgrimzero

Loved the pilot though the "Superman isn't going to be around" thing mentioned in the OP seems really weird since
A bunch of alien prisoners kept by the old Kryptonians escape to Earth.
You would think SMan would want to get involved.

anaron

ha, I had a feeling that Ellen snapchat would become a gif. <3

Great OP! Really enjoyed the pilot and expect the show to flex its figurative muscles following.

Kara, Cat and Winn are already so likeable. I can't wait to see Lucy Lane, too!

Toa TAK

Banned
Man I was hyped for a moment when I saw this thread. This thing needs to premiere already, I keep double checking the dates since October began.

TheDanger

Banned
the flying looks so ridiculous, don't think I could take this seriously. Also Superman and Supergirl are just too overpowered to be interesting imo-

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
But man, those leaked pictures...

did not know that happened..but damn. hey let her enjoy herself >> we have no right to look at those..but damn she is stunning >>

can't wait for the premiere! love supergirl <3

also this question needs an answer..first episode different from the pilot?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
How can one gif be exciting yet strangely disappointing at the same time?

It's the CGI. Takes all the natural curvature of a human's chest away. Looks like a 2D drawing on a 3D surface. Plus the angle is shitty. She should have been standing straight, camera at front angle.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I don't know when this is in the UK but I hope it's not on some shitty low bitrate sci-fi company.

I don't know when this is in the UK but I hope it's not on some shitty low bitrate sci-fi company.

It'll be on Sky 1 starting on the 29th.

also this question needs an answer..first episode different from the pilot?

The pilot is the first episode. Whether or not there will be any changes from the leak and screenings done before is unknown, but if there are, it's likely just some changes to the special effects work.

xandaca

Wrote a review of this (minor spoilers) way back when the pilot leaked. Long story short, Melissa Benoist is charisma and charm personified and it's all a lot of fun, even though the energy dips in the episode's second half. There's also a jarring disconnect between the episode's loud proclamations of FEMINISIM, AMIRITE and the somewhat more questionable messages sent out by several of the storytelling and directing choices.

Wrote a review of this (minor spoilers) way back when the pilot leaked. Long story short, Melissa Benoist is charisma and charm personified and it's all a lot of fun, even though the energy dips in the episode's second half. There's also a jarring disconnect between the episode's loud proclamations of FEMINISIM, AMIRITE and the somewhat more questionable messages sent out by several of the storytelling and directing choices.

I've been wondering about this. I was/am worried how much they're going to pander to "this is a show for women, you GOTTA have xyz in it, because women" kinda mentality.

The new episode of Ellen with Melissa Benoist is on now. Not sure how long her segment will be, since they made a big deal about Bradley Cooper and Cat Week, and then were like, "...and Supergirl, Melissa Benoist." But the announcement last week made mention of some sort preview of the show, so hopefully she gets decent screen time.

Edit 2: It was a really short interview, and they didn't show anything new for the show.

Edit: Variety's review of the pilot: http://variety.com/2015/tv/reviews/supergirl-review-cbs-melissa-benoist-1201615934/

Skux

That's CG?

I don't think it is. The gif is just missing so many frames that looks fake. It's cheaper to have her wear a shirt than CG the logo on lol. Plus she's leaning forward so that makes the logo not pop out as much.

ZeroX03

Banned
IN. Hopefully this opens the door for more female lead properties. Zantanna pls and Miss Martian.

Zatanna should be hurtling toward Arrow and Constantine.

Like most shows, they tend to wear their themes on their sleeve chest for the first 13 episodes or season or whatever and then settles into using them more naturally. It'll work itself into a more cohesive product if given the time.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Zatanna should be hurtling toward Arrow and Constantine.

Like most shows, they tend to wear their themes on their sleeve chest for the first 13 episodes or season or whatever and then settles into using them more naturally. It'll work itself into a more cohesive product if given the time.

With Justice League Dark being prepped to film as early as next year, Zatanna, Constantine, etc. are gonna be embargoed up. Because.... reasons?

ZeroX03

Banned
With Justice League Dark being prepped to film as early as next year, Zatanna, Constantine, etc. are gonna be embargoed up. Because.... reasons?

Doubt it, only certain characters are hit by embargo. Constantine's issues are more that he's from a different show on a different network.

Deadshot got hit by an embargo because Will Smith. Harley Quinn is a huge character and honestly wasn't necessary for Arrow. However Amanda Waller didn't get by the embargo and she's in Suicide Squad too.

ZeroX03

Banned
God damn! She is one of the more beautifully athletic women I've seen on TV in some time. She must work out like a demon to stay in shape for this role.

Actors get a lot more time to get in shape for pilots than when they're doing full season orders. Same reason Amell had a god tier body in the Arrow premiere, and now it's simply demigodly.

That outfit above is awful btw

that's enough from you

Magwik

Banned
Actors get a lot more time to get in shape for pilots than when they're doing full season orders. Same reason Amell had a god tier body in the Arrow premiere, and now it's simply demigodly.

that's enough from you

It is a bad outfit though regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom