• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supreme Court Nominee - Neil M. Gorsuch |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Neil M. Gorsuch gets the rose.

How long before Trump tries to fire him when Gorsuch does something Trump doesn't like?

Like most Bachelor and Bachelorettes, they won't make it to the live wedding. Gorsuch will then appear on SCOTUS Paradise.

SURGEdude

Dude is among the worst of the worst, and he's young.

Fuck Obama for not pushing Garland through when he had the chance in early January.

So uh, about the White House statement just released they weren't touching Obama's pro LBGT EO?

Now with this pick this makes that seem like a lie.
This judge won't overturn the EO.

Even Scalia or Thomas wouldn't do anything about the EO. It's not going to go anywhere.

guek

Banned
This guy is Scalia 2.0

Gorsuch wrote a concurrence in the en banc 10th Circuit that sided with the company and its owners. He stressed the need to accept these parties’ own conceptions regarding the requirements of their faith, and held (among other things) that they were likely to prevail on claims that the contraception mandate in the Affordable Care Act substantially burdened their religious exercise in violation of RFRA.

Could be worse. Could be a ton better.

Strimei

So...is Gorsuch bad? I have no idea about him.

Quick look at wiki says he's a proponent of gay rights, which strikes me as good, at least.

Though it also says he may be pro-life (no surprise there).

edit: Ah, involved in the Hobby Lobby case, that answers some questions.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
this motherfucker really just say "I hope democrats and republicans can come together for once for the good of our country"?????

FUCKING

Aurongel

Dude is among the worst of the worst, and he's young.

Fuck Obama for not pushing Garland through when he had the chance in early January.
What?

Are you missing the fact that the Senate wouldn't even hold a hearing for Garland? Obama knew they'd strong arm him in the hopes they'd win the election.

By that metric, they won the bet.

So basically womens rights and protection of gay rights is now gone from large parts of America, all because "religious freedom".

Maybe the "being an aethiest is not a religion" people should change tactics? Yes it is a religion, protect our views and give us money!

Ogodei

RBG dies and the court is permafucked until the 2050s. Dems will have to resort to court-packing to be able to govern even if they recapture government.

Omadahl

Banned
So filibuster until the end times? I still wish Obama had appointed Garland when they were out of session. I know it's against his character but he would have bought us some time.

Beartruck

Both are terrible but Gorsuch seems a little less terrible if he's to be Scalia 2.0. Seems like there's a lot of grey area there.

Pretty much. As long as its not the nutjob from Alabama they were considering that was going to overturn Roe vs Wade (Pryor).

kevin1025

Banned
Trump's posture is so embarrassing. He's like a tall penguin. And he's looking the guy up and down in a real shady way.

SURGEdude

What?

Are you missing the fact that the Senate wouldn't even hold a hearing for Garland? Obama knew they'd strong arm him in the hopes they'd win the election.

By that metric, they won the bet.

He could have done a recess appointment in early January. It would have been taken to court, but he would have won.

Ac30

Well, if the Republicans nuke the filibuster (which they will), then the next President will have many a seat to fill, probably. Let's make sure it's not Trump, hmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom