• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tampa cracking down on black people on bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're actually riding at night without lights, that's appropriate. Bikes are dangerous vehicles and require lights when it's dark, just like automobiles.

In the case of the article, the lady was ticketing while walking her bike, which is absurd.

In the case of the person youre responding to, doesnt the proper community policing approach dictate a "welcome to Tampa, here are the rules" verbal warning rather than a ticket?

manfestival

I used to drive a del sol. Only drove it for like 4-5 months. During those 5 months I got pulled over 5 times. I have only been pulled over only like 3 times prior to getting that car and 0 times since owning it lol

I've lived in Tampa the last few years.

I see mad folks (code) riding their bikes around University/USF. That's terrible but can see the possibility of it.

I'm genuinely confused as to what that sentence means.

University/USF Campus is in the inner city. There are many African Americans in the area. Some ride bikes.

If the cops were doing these egregious acts then that would probably be one of the areas.

They're definitely not doing it on Bayshore (cough Babeshore).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom