• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Amazing thread, well done.

Mine is now pre-loaded. Now we wait for it to be released. Which im guessing will be 2am my time :( or something really annoying like that. Hopefully i can run it at min specs :lol

pn18

Banned
No_Style said:
It's a mistake. The only reason why Shader Model 3 would be required is if you want to turn on HDR. For an MP game, if there was an option to turn off HDR, I would regardless of hardware. :D
that's not correct, because source engine's HDRR is just a faked one and also works with SM2 cards.
edit: oh uh 100%

"any screens of the flame axe yet?"

Fire Axe. It's just an axe like the kind Firefighters use to chop down doors, etc. On one of the Valve released trailers (maybe the character rendering tech one), you see one of his taunts where he's playing air guitar on it (well not really air guitar).

Burli

Pringo
No_Style said:
It's a mistake. The only reason why Shader Model 3 would be required is if you want to turn on HDR. For an MP game, if there was an option to turn off HDR, I would regardless of hardware. :D

BTW, am I the only one who is excited for this game and has never played Team Fortress
for more than 5 minutes
?

Nope, same here. Never really knew Team Fortress existed until I saw the trailers for this one early on. Not much of a PC gamer, that's probably why.

The brilliant animation, art style, and "pure-fun" lookin' gameplay are the reasons this game tweaked my interest, plus I love CSS, but would like something new.

Not long now, It will be beautiful.

saelz8

52qaasj.gif

Fire Axe

Akia

We might be nearing a groundbreaking moment in GAF history with there being 2 PC threads sticked at the same time.

This can either become incredibly awesome or confusing. I don't know which yet.

Wicked original post.

I'm not as excited for TF2 as I should be, but I know once it's released that'll change quickly. I'm still unsure which I'll choose as my FPS to play on the side for the rest of the year, though. TF2 looks so good, but I really like QW a lot. I'll play both, for sure, but I'd prefer to try to focus on getting good at one.

Can't wait to play a tonne of TF2, regardless. The art is so good; so smooth.

Aegus

I really can't wait to play this. I'm unsure about which class to play as first though. TFC favourite the Sniper or Pyro just so I can play Fire Axe Guitar (FAG for short) all day?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Aegus said:
I really can't wait to play this. I'm unsure about which class to play as first though. TFC favourite the Sniper or Pyro just so I can play Fire Axe Guitar (FAG for short) all day?
Pyro was basically the only real useless class in tf1. Maybe I shouldn't say that; there are a fair share of quality pyro players, just not enough in comparison to other classes. Hopefully they beefed him up.

firex

No_Style said:
BTW, am I the only one who is excited for this game and has never played Team Fortress
for more than 5 minutes
?

No, I'm in the same boat! It just sucks that this week is insanely busy for me, so I probably won't get much time in the tf2 beta until the weekend.

Just pre-ordered orange box. Found out orange box is cheaper than just buying portal+ep2(didn't really care much about tf2), but since it's not I might as well get some tf2 in there. I just have to do the pre-load for tf2 to get in the beta, right? Theres no other download I need to do?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm so weak...I wasn't going to pre-order Orange as a form of protest...but it's Team Fortress 2! Quake TF and Mega TF are easily my most played online games ever - I have to be in the beta, principles be damned.

Time to preload.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
bishoptl said:
I'm so weak...I wasn't going to pre-order Orange as a form of protest...but it's Team Fortress 2! Quake TF and Mega TF are easily my most played online games ever - I have to be in the beta, principles be damned.

Time to preload.
I sold out to the beta as well. 9 years was indeed a long enough wait. I wouldn't make it another few weeks.

WHOAguitarninja said:
Just pre-ordered orange box. Found out orange box is cheaper than just buying portal+ep2(didn't really care much about tf2), but since it's not I might as well get some tf2 in there. I just have to do the pre-load for tf2 to get in the beta, right? Theres no other download I need to do?

The pre-load is all you need to download for now. You will have to do a smallish download when the beta opens which will complete the files and decrypt the game so that it is playable. This is likely to be pretty damn slow at the very beginning as loads of people will be doing it and steam is notrious for this, however wait a few hours and it will go nice and smoothly.

ggnoobIGN said:
Is there a website that breaks down the classes? Other than IGN's shitty preview, I mean.
I've tried to find the link to some good ones but i can't find it.

EDIT:
Yeah i sold out too yesterday. I'm essentially swapping HL2 + Ep1 for £10 though so the whole deal will cost me £17 which is an utter bargain!

Aegus

ggnoobIGN said:
Pyro was basically the only real useless class in tf1. Maybe I shouldn't say that; there are a fair share of quality pyro players, just not enough in comparison to other classes. Hopefully they beefed him up.

He could still be the shittest class in the game for all I care. All I know is that guitar taunting will be my favourite thing in the game. Everytime I toast someone I shall be taunting. no matter the situation!

Aegus said:
He could still be the shittest class in the game for all I care. All I know is that guitar taunting will be my favourite thing in the game. Everytime I toast someone I shall be taunting. no matter the situation!

He has been beefed up a lot. This game should be the most balanced class based game ever created.... at least it sounds like it will be. hell, they have had 9 years to play test and balance the game to death.

In fact, i'm gonna bet that TF2 > Wii Fit in a contest of balance. Peripherals be damned!

Akia said:
We might be nearing a groundbreaking moment in GAF history with there being 2 PC threads sticked at the same time.

This can either become incredibly awesome or confusing. I don't know which yet.
NeoGAF will collapse in on itself like a dying star.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is anyone able to preload anything besides team fortress 2 from the orange box?
Well, you can download HF2, Peggle Extreme, Episode One, and Lost Coast once you pre-order.

EDIT: And just wondering, are Peggle or Lost Coast worth the download time?

ggnoobIGN said:
Well, you can download HF2, Peggle Extreme, Episode One, and Lost Coast once you pre-order.

EDIT: And just wondering, are Peggle or Lost Coast worth the download time?

Peggle is really fun and adictive and hard at sometimes. Looks like I'll probably be buying deluxe now.

traveler

Not Wario
No_Style said:

for more than 5 minutes
?

Nope. Never touched it either, yet ridiculously hyped.

No_Style

Teknopathetic said:
"That's called bloom."

Nah, the HDR in Source engine doesn't require SM3.0.

You stealth editing bastard!

I didn't write that. You can't prove it! :D

Probably could...

Sadly, it looks like there won't be a midnight release. This is from someone who works at Halflife2.net.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2372240&postcount=1

DigiQ8: Hey Greg

Greg: Hey. What's up?

DigiQ8: nm

DigiQ8: So we in the HL2net steam channel are wondering, when you guys gonna unlock TF2? What time exactly?

Greg: Late in the day. We're not saying an exact time, unfortunately.

DigiQ8: So no 12AM release?

Greg: No - late in the day.

DigiQ8: ok Thank you

mrgone

Anyone have a link to the full Robin Walker "What happened to Team Fortress 2" confessional? The megavideo version seems to cut off pretty abruptly :( Awesome first post by the way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom