• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

K Just watched Bloodline Whatever and now all I can think is:

- Ling is a lesbian in denial
- Anna is 100 x Hotter now
- All fights should always just be between Mishimas cuz they so pretty
- Lee is the only character that makes sense

AAK

Posted by me on TZ.

Wait, so Wall tagging isn't any safer than simply raw tagging??? Can I confirm this with you because I remember Harada showing the wall tag mechanic during MLG or E3 mentioning how it recovers faster so there's a smaller window of punishment.... unless the 45 frames of the wall include the airborne time of the character.

Regardless, awesome info, thanks for posting :)

Also CG renders of TTT2 characters are up if anybody needed them.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150977547840026.758923.80744115025&type=1

About time, we should see some high res ones appear sooner or later.

Anyone want to play Tekken 6 (PS3) with me?

I'm far from finished with T6 but I sort of hesitate to go online... but sure, go ahead and try messaging me whenever I'm online. If I don't reply I'm sorry... there are times where I'm completely oblivious to my surroundings :S

Instead of searching and in an effort to have you guys convince me to appreciate it more and contribute to this excellent thread, I'd like to ask if anyone can post basic tag assault's and combos between the 4 characters. I can only land the vanilla assault. Haven't been able to perform my own though I don't even know how to do it. Just bound after a combo, then tag?

Also special tag throws besides the devil double headbutt.

Sorry about not replying to the PSN message you sent me, didn't notice it :S but there really is A LOT that really can be said about Tekken's personality. The aura each Tekken game gave off since T5 has been pretty much consistent for better or worse. While Tekken didn't turn me into a gamer (Resident Evil 2 & Devil May Cry take credit for those) I was always drawn to Tekken because it always felt the most cinematic of all the big games out there in gameplay. Tekken I felt was the one game where you could really express yourself depending on the type of character you chose and the way you played him, pretty much how you immortalized yourself with Yoshimitsu! I've always been drawn to flashiness, and the one specific flash type that resonated with me were grapples, blew my mind in Tekken 2 when I first saw Yoshi's back throw, King's Multi throw, or how King's d/f+3+4 automatically transitioned into a frankensteiner! Thankfully that aspect which really makes me love the game has been nicely catered toward throughout the series

But I also think that the technology played a huge part in differentiating each new Tekken iteration. I suppose now that the technology has gotten so advanced, Namco is just sticking to what they feel works and are scared of unleashing a new Tekken 4. But something tells me TxSF will be radically different, let's see how that turns out! TTT2 really is the amalgamation of every technical aspect introduced throughout T5--> beyond and celebrating that so I can see why you feel like the series is losing that personal bond you shared with it previously.

As for TTT2 prologue help, which characters are you using?? I know the other Tag grab is Ling-Alisa: f+2+3~5 :)

Agreed... I just watched it today (really shouldn't have since I have so much crap to do) But the movie was absolutely insane! But I'll be honest, I really enjoyed the finale. Despite it's ultra cheesiness, I was pretty hyped and the nonsense I endured leading up to it was worth it. Really felt they shouldn't have changed Kaz's VA though, the current one did pretty well all things considered. The production values were pretty low throughout the middle of the movie and just shoot skyward during the final few scenes.

And bathrobe-slicked down hair- Ling cuddling all over Alisa was pretty..... pretty ;). Anna was boss. And for how much they advertised them hiring Dai Saito for being the writer, there was nothing exceptional at all about the script. But being a Tekken fanatic, it was fun: 7.5/10

noodalls

Wait, so Wall tagging isn't any safer than simply raw tagging??? Can I confirm this with you because I remember Harada showing the wall tag mechanic during MLG or E3 mentioning how it recovers faster so there's a smaller window of punishment.... unless the 45 frames of the wall include the airborne time of the character.

The total amount of time from pressing tag to til you can block again is the same (not what I was expecting to find either). However, the first 30F are airbourne, while the final 15 are grounded. For a standard tag all frames are grounded (obviously).

I do have 720p60 captures of these if you want to verify for yourself.

LowParry

TTT2, it just feels like the game runs faster. You can tell the res drops on the winner poses (which is distracting as hell) but it runs a lot better than what T6 does. Ling a lesbian? Hot.

TTT2 Prologue feels really good but i just hate the character roster they chose here :D can hardly use any of them. Still had some sick urge to grind all the trophies available on it on the first go.

Tag HD feels very difficult after all these modern games, going to have to un-learn a lot of moves and mechanics :D

LowParry

TTT2 Prologue feels really good but i just hate the character roster they chose here :D can hardly use any of them. Still had some sick urge to grind all the trophies available on it on the first go.

Tag HD feels very difficult after all these modern games, going to have to un-learn a lot of moves and mechanics :D

I would of thought they'd put in most of the characters in from the movie. Anna and Nina would of been great to have in. Plus there's the whole Devil looks between Kaz and Jin that are just stupid annoying eye candy. I just want their default looking models that I can switch to.

AAK

The total amount of time from pressing tag to til you can block again is the same (not what I was expecting to find either). However, the first 30F are airbourne, while the final 15 are grounded. For a standard tag all frames are grounded (obviously).

I do have 720p60 captures of these if you want to verify for yourself.

Gotcha, that makes sense, thanks :)

So what's the deal with devil Kaz in ttt2? Only a stance change for Kaz when partnered with DJ?

For the final release, Kaz can basically transition into Devil Kazuya by pressing u/b+1+2. He gets all the unique devil moves like lasers, SS+2, twin pistons, and f,f+2. Pressing u/b+1+2 reverts him back to regular Kazuya. So it's not going to be a partner thing like the original Tag.

Tag HD just has a completely different mentality to it.... almost as if I was playing a different game.

Throavium

Level Up Your Game - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue - System Mechanics

http://youtu.be/8GdXCcS8wnY
tumblr_lpwu0eTSh71qa1krt.gif

Degen

co-sign for the bolded

not that any character in the movie made sense, but Lee made the least of all. that was your property, you ecstatic bastard

Skilletor

Tag HD has horrible, horrible, horrible slowdown on pretty much every stage. I'm really pissed off at this port. It had the same thing at EVO, but I assumed it would be fixed.

The schoolyard stage is the only stage I've found without slowdown.

Terrible effort.

Tag HD has horrible, horrible, horrible slowdown on pretty much every stage. I'm really pissed off at this port. It had the same thing at EVO, but I assumed it would be fixed.

Terrible effort.

That's a real shame to hear :(

LowParry

Terrible effort.

Huh. I really don't remember any slow down. I'll have to go back and check but I'm pretty sure I haven't experienced any slow down.

AAK

I have to see this.

If it's not for that reason, you have to see it for Heihachi pulling off the most epic of homages to Lex Lugar and Kevin Nash ;)

Huh. I really don't remember any slow down. I'll have to go back and check but I'm pretty sure I haven't experienced any slow down.

Maybe it is dependent on which character is on the screen at that point in time. So far I only experienced slowdown in Eddy's stage.

CSX

man how do you wavedash smoothly in Tag 1? my characters always end up jerking a bit and then start wavedashing

AAK

What better way to show you than the founder of wavedashing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ4fAqSInnc

EDIT: By the way, does anyone know where to get outfits from home? It says I have the Xiaoyu & Super Robot Arm outfit in the transaction history (that came with the code in the LE), but I have no idea where to find them. Wardrobe has the shirts and the home space has the T6 cabinet, but I have no idea where I can find the outfits.

AAK

I assume it's the same guy that did the T4 prologues and epilogues for every character:

Hwoarang_T4_Prologue_1.jpg

And yeah, that man (or woman) is boss!

GrayFoxPL

I assume it's the same guy that did the T4 prologues and epilogues for every character:

Hwoarang_T4_Prologue_1.jpg

And yeah, that man (or woman) is boss!

I love T4 story arts!

Namco hired pro to write a script for T4 and I thought it was really good, but then they said: "Meh. Let's do some dumb shit from now on. Hic!"

i forgot to add "on a pad" lol

Parkinson works everywhere.

Skilletor

Maybe it is dependent on which character is on the screen at that point in time. So far I only experienced slowdown in Eddy's stage.

I think it has something to do with the way stages rotate combined with hitsparks. That's when it seemed to slowdown the most. It was really bad, though.

AAK

Korean Elite playing TTT2... damn some of this stuff is crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cyfren

CAN'T wait!!!!!

EDIt:

After the November 16 patch:

Japanese Tiers as of November 25
S - Kazuya, Heihachi, Lars, Devil Jin, Hwoarang
A - Julia, Bob, Dragunov, Leo, Armor King, Zafina, Bruce
B - bryan, marduk, Jack, Lee, Nina, Lili, Steve, Feng, Jin, Paul, Anna, Jinpachi, Wang, Eddy, Christie, Asuka, Jun, Law, Miguel, Lei, Ganryu, Yoshi, King
C - Ogre, Ling, Raven, Bears, Alisa
D - Roger, Baek

GrayFoxPL

Korean Elite playing TTT2... damn some of this stuff is crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cyfren

CAN'T wait!!!!!

EDIt:

After the November 16 patch:

Japanese Tiers as of November 25
S - Kazuya, Heihachi, Lars, Devil Jin, Hwoarang
A - Julia, Bob, Dragunov, Leo, Armor King, Zafina, Bruce
B - bryan, marduk, Jack, Lee, Nina, Lili, Steve, Feng, Jin, Paul, Anna, Jinpachi, Wang, Eddy, Christie, Asuka, Jun, Law, Miguel, Lei, Ganryu, Yoshi, King
C - Ogre, Ling, Raven, Bears, Alisa
D - Roger, Baek

Alisa a C Haha!

But my Beak! :(

My Heihachi - wow!

Still pretty balanced. Most characters in b rank.

I love T4 story arts!

Namco hired pro to write a script for T4 and I thought it was really good, but then they said: "Meh. Let's do some dumb shit from now on. Hic!"

Yeah. Tekken will always have dumb shit (thank God honestly), bu T4 was the most serious toned, which worked well for it. What it did best was set the tone for the return of Kazuya though.

Also I hope nobody watched the movie in english... I did Japanese with subs and Kaz as probably the only character I wanted to have more screen time just cuz he's so interesting to watch

crazy to see Dragunov A ranked. He's really improved alot from game to game. I still remember how frustrating it was to play as him in T5DR, but T6 fixed most of that.

Sayah

I'm far from finished with T6 but I sort of hesitate to go online... but sure, go ahead and try messaging me whenever I'm online. If I don't reply I'm sorry... there are times where I'm completely oblivious to my surroundings :S
No prob. I don't have Tekken Hybrid yet and was hoping to fill the void with more Tekken 6.

Right now? I feel like putting T6 down now.
I probably won't be putting Tekken 6 down until Tekken Tag 2 comes out.

AAK

I just played for 4 hours continously with a couple guys from the Shoryuken forums in Ottawa....Played a bit of TTT2 prologue, got ravaged up with getting owned by DJiin's EWGF~5 with me using Ling and someone else going nowhere. And then we start playing TTTHD.

This game.....

see-the-light2.jpg

It's too much fun. Matches are SO tense. The game is much more simplistic, I feel there's a lot less I have to think about and follow through and now I see GrayFoxPL's attitude about how much impact a concentrated refined experience can bring.

And Damn you Harada.... Kunimitsu is a freiking brilliant character!!! She sucks mutilated balls because of how much her moves suck and health... but by God she's fun to play with. I am going to persist and learn this character if it's the last thing I do! Changing Avatars for this cause.

As for slowdowns, I definitely experience some of them occasionally which sucks, but still the game is just too good for me to hate on it too much. :( However, I'm still so hyped with the possibilities with Tag Assault. After playing it I really can't wait to try out Hwoarang, Julia, and Zafina.

And lastly, everyone has to watch Tekken Blood Vengeance for this scene alone:

iburA05mhvuCEa.gif

Manliness overload!

Top Bottom